The Student Room Group

Is Biochemistry a good subject to do a degree in?

Hi guys,
I am sending off my UCAS application later this week and i was wondering if Biochemistry is good to do at uni and if there are job oppotunities in the future?
If you enjoy it do it. It does have good job opportunities though.
There are no specific job opportunities for a Biochemistry degree. Research or a generic career, similar to a lot of science degree's.
Reply 3
Some of the jobs the people I did my biochemistry degree with are teachers, accountants and management consultants. I did a bit of research but worked in the NHS afterwards.
Original post by Maker
Some of the jobs the people I did my biochemistry degree with are teachers, accountants and management consultants. I did a bit of research but worked in the NHS afterwards.

FYI to the OP. Working in the NHS as a Biomedical Scientist from a Biochemistry degree would require top-up modules for a starter.
Reply 5
Original post by TraineeBMS
FYI to the OP. Working in the NHS as a Biomedical Scientist from a Biochemistry degree would require top-up modules for a starter.

I didn't work in the NHS as a biomedical scientist, I was a data manager. Biochemistry is a good degree to have, it opens a lot of doors because its got enough numeracy for jobs that specify it like data analyst that as well as working in research and as a general degree for jobs that don't specify a degree subject.
Original post by Maker
I didn't work in the NHS as a biomedical scientist, I was a data manager. Biochemistry is a good degree to have, it opens a lot of doors because its got enough numeracy for jobs that specify it like data analyst that as well as working in research and as a general degree for jobs that don't specify a degree subject.

Pretty sure I never said you did...
Reply 7
Original post by TraineeBMS
Pretty sure I never said you did...

I didn't say you did.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending