The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by studentigcse
same
it means nothing dw

Yeah, I keep getting it as well, when do you think they will reply?? If we pass the immersive test, what is the next step?
Original post by calmmm
From JP Morgan's Website:

'Spring Week: Finance for Non-Finance Training:

This programme is designed specifically for students from a non-Finance background who are interested in learning more about our Front Office divisions specifically Investment Banking and Markets. The training provided will give a foundational understanding of how a bank works and what career opportunities are available. You will be given access to additional learning materials before the programme starts so you can familiarise yourself with the terminology and key topics'

What counts as a non-finance background? Would Economics count as non-finance?

If not, which of the other three programmes is best for IB? I can see risk, markets and wealth management...

I'm in my first year of BSc Econ & Finance which i know is finance related but because of my educational history i was never exposed to financy terms so would benefit from the extra training and prepration that comes with finance for non finance, could i apply for that one or would i have to apply for the normal finance one?
Original post by Deloitte Intern
I received an offer... Even a couple of people on the last page received an offer...

which department?
Original post by yousuf5465
Yeah, I keep getting it as well, when do you think they will reply?? If we pass the immersive test, what is the next step?

no idea
Original post by Maphec
I'm in my first year of BSc Econ & Finance which i know is finance related but because of my educational history i was never exposed to financy terms so would benefit from the extra training and prepration that comes with finance for non finance, could i apply for that one or would i have to apply for the normal finance one?

come oon you study finance hahah why would you apply for the non finance one?
Original post by studentigcse
come oon you study finance hahah why would you apply for the non finance one?

hahahah i know it sounds stupid, but all you guys seem to know quite a lot about finance, my first year doesn't have any finance modules so was just wondering :P
Original post by Maphec
hahahah i know it sounds stupid, but all you guys seem to know quite a lot about finance, my first year doesn't have any finance modules so was just wondering :P

You should apply for the finance one, you might be rejected from non-finance based on your degree
Original post by Samendra
You should apply for the finance one, you might be rejected from non-finance based on your degree

ahhh, thank you! :smile:
Original post by Maphec
ahhh, thank you! :smile:

:smile: Though you should confirm with other people, it says its for people with a nonfinance backgroud though
Original post by timster32
It’s really not that hard just do it yourself

After the lazard video interview, is there any other step or they give out offers?
After the lazard video interview, is there any other step or they give out offers?

F2f interviews
Original post by timster32
F2f interviews

****ing hell.... how hard is the video interview and any idea what they ask?
Guys, does lazard give out video interviews to everyone who has applied or there is an initial screening first and then video interview?
Just received an email from DB saying I passed the tests. How long have you guys waited to hear whether or not you have been progressed to the next stage? Out of curiosity has anyone done a telephone interview with DB?
Guys, does lazard give out video interviews to everyone who has applied or there is an initial screening first and then video interview?

Initial screening
Anyone who applied for the Spring Week of DB but in Frankfurt? Did you hear back from them?

I had the BAML interview on Thursday but didn't hear back from them, neither an offer nor a rejection, you think that all the places have been already given out? Or I may be in a waiting list?

I am having problems with the Morgan Stanley test - I cannot open it - any suggestions? I tried to follow all the suggestions that website gives, but none seems to work. Am I the only one?
Original post by xtrembob
Initial screening

Have you done the Lazard video interview, if yes, any tips please?
Just putting this out there. In a spring week for a baml this is probably the breakdown of people. Let’s see who agrees.

70% black people
20% white people
5% Chinese
5% other

Make what you will of that
Original post by 14buzz20
Just putting this out there. In a spring week for a baml this is probably the breakdown of people. Let’s see who agrees.

70% black people
20% white people
5% Chinese
5% other

Can’t say I disagree with that, although you might get banned.
Original post by 14buzz20

70% black people
20% white people
5% Chinese
5% other

Who cares? We're all humans at the end of the day, race means nothing

Latest

Trending

Trending