University of St Andrews

St Andrew’s medicine applicants 2018

Scroll to see replies

Hi all!
St Andrews medicine applicant here 😊 My stats are:
4A* predicted
9A*, A at GCSE and B in advanced FSMQ
UKCAT: 2890 total (722.5 av) and SJT band 2
Also I live in England but I used to live in Spain so apparently I'm the EU fee status. Anybody know how this will affect my chances?
Good luck everyone!!!
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Reply 21
What routes did people apply for? Does it make much of an impact on your application?
:smile:
Has anybody got/ know anybody who has got an interview for St Andrews yet?
Original post by screamer18
Has anybody got/ know anybody who has got an interview for St Andrews yet?

Hey,
I got an interview offer 2 weeks ago. The interview is next Friday.
Original post by Hannan22Nassir
Hey,
I got an interview offer 2 weeks ago. The interview is next Friday.

Wow well done! May I ask what your stats are? St Andrews is my top choice so I'm trying to work out if I might get an interview 😊. Also, are you a Scottish applicant or RUK?
Thank you!
I’m an English applicant and I applied for the English route. GCSEs: 7A* 1A 2bPredicted: AAAbThe A’s in biology chemistry and English lit, the B in maths. Ukcat 3060 so average was 765Hope this helps
I’m an English applicant and I applied for the English route. GCSEs: 7A* 1A 2bPredicted: AAAbThe A’s in biology chemistry and English lit, the B in maths. Ukcat 3060 so average was 765Hope this helps

Very helpful thank you, I think I stand a chance of getting an interview (hopefully!)
Reply 27
Anyone got interview or news?
I did not hear anything from St Andrew
Reply 28
Original post by Harkis
Anyone got interview or news?
I did not hear anything from St Andrew

I heard on the 11th Nov, my interview is tomorrow around 3pm :smile:
Original post by Jbomb33
I heard on the 11th Nov, my interview is tomorrow around 3pm :smile:

GOOD Luck!!! X
Got an interview invite today! Interview is on the 10th Jan
Reply 31
Does anyone know what the minimum ukcat score someone invited to an interview had in previous years?
Got an interview invite today!
Original post by greengiraffe
Got an interview invite today!

Congrats! May I ask what ur stats are and whether you are an EU/home applicant or RUK? X
Original post by screamer18
Congrats! May I ask what ur stats are and whether you are an EU/home applicant or RUK? X

Yeah im Scottish applicant, AAAAAA at national 5, AAAAA at higher and AAAB at advanced higher and 725 ukcat, band 2! What about you?
Original post by greengiraffe
Yeah im Scottish applicant, AAAAAA at national 5, AAAAA at higher and AAAB at advanced higher and 725 ukcat, band 2! What about you?

Well I’m an English applicant but I’m classed as the EU fee rate because I used to live in Spain when I was little. I have 9A* and an A at GCSE and I’m predicted 4A* at A level (I’m rly sorry I’m not sure what that is equivalent to in Scotland?) I also have 725 and band 2 UKCAT and SJT! I haven’t heared anything from St Andrews yet but they are my top choice so I have my fingers crossed! Xx
Okay yeah similar stats but good luck!
Reply 37
Original post by my.med.journey
Got an interview invite today! Interview is on the 10th Jan

Well done!!!!
My interview is today at 3.50. Does anyone have any tips for the mmi?
My interview is today at 3.50. Does anyone have any tips for the mmi?

Ooh omg how did it go !!?

Quick Reply

Latest