The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jbwalker00
Submitted the answers to my additional information 13 days ago. is it normal to have to wait this long to get invited to an assessment centre?

thanks in advance

I submitted my extra information on Sunday and just heard back now about the AC! So, I'm not sure what is normal haha!? Good luck though!
Submitted the answers to my additional information 13 days ago. is it normal to have to wait this long to get invited to an assessment centre?

thanks in advance

I waited over 2 weeks. Don't despair!
I think I read parity said those waiting on FSAC results should here by end of December but I could be wrong!
Is the AC scary? I am terrified. Any advice would be appreciated!
Original post by js13022
What for? I did mine yesterday for Comms and heard back in about 2/3 hours

Operational research, DDT and Social research though my dashboard is now saying ive been unsuccessful for social research at the sift stage (probably because my degree wasn't from the required background)
Original post by Emko_me
I waited over 2 weeks. Don't despair!

How long did you have to wait and for what schemes? thanks
Original post by bobblecopter
I think I read parity said those waiting on FSAC results should here by end of December but I could be wrong!

when you said, you read parity- where is this information?
How long did you have to wait and for what schemes? thanks

I have Social research as my first choice and HR as a second. I only had to submit additional info for the first. I cannot remember how many days exactly, but it felt too long a wait. Definitely heard in the third week post submitting my answers.
Original post by friendlystranger
Had FSAC on 8th November and passed for GES with 10.16 (just scraped it I think!). Has anyone heard back about their EAC date yet or attended an EAC yet?

Also does anyone know if we get any offer/second chance if we fail EAC? I heard about people being offered provisional assistant economist post if they failed FSAC, but that was back when EAC was before FSAC.

When I went to the AC I actually met a girl who had been offered a minor position after failing the AC two years ago. This happened about 5 months after she was notified of having been unsuccessful. It seems to be quite normal. Or at least this is what I like to think!
Original post by enaena
Is the AC scary? I am terrified. Any advice would be appreciated!

It’s really not - I was scared, too, after hearing horror stories and attending the coaching session (which was definitely harder, perhaps intentionally). Anyway, I was twisted in knots and it ended up being really pleasant, everyone’s lovely, and I managed to think of it as a game. But take the pressure off yourself a bit so that you’re able to do that. Not scary, just challenging.
Anyone know when the assessment centres finish? Do they continue into January and beyond?
Hi, I'm totally new to this group and have no idea how scoring for FSAC works.
Any insight would be greatly appreciated!
My AC is on 14th December so I do have some time.
Original post by francescagu
When I went to the AC I actually met a girl who had been offered a minor position after failing the AC two years ago. This happened about 5 months after she was notified of having been unsuccessful. It seems to be quite normal. Or at least this is what I like to think!

When was your AC by the way? Wondering if you were in the same one in Newcastle. (I remember a girl mentioning the same thing!)
Original post by Zimmerman22
It’s really not - I was scared, too, after hearing horror stories and attending the coaching session (which was definitely harder, perhaps intentionally). Anyway, I was twisted in knots and it ended up being really pleasant, everyone’s lovely, and I managed to think of it as a game. But take the pressure off yourself a bit so that you’re able to do that. Not scary, just challenging.

Aww, thanks! That is really helpful!
I emailed parity today (because my f5 key has broken) and they said

"Thank you for your email, you could receive your FSAC results any when from now until the end of December. The marks are reviewed every couple of weeks."

they stopped short of saying now will you leave us alone LOL
Original post by mellowyellow86
Anyone know when the assessment centres finish? Do they continue into January and beyond?

the assessment centre appointments take place from late October onward and should be running until early January.
Original post by LeicesterFresher14
When was your AC by the way? Wondering if you were in the same one in Newcastle. (I remember a girl mentioning the same thing!)

Yes in Newcastle, some weeks ago, now I don't remember the exact date!
Original post by francescagu
Yes in Newcastle, some weeks ago, now I don't remember the exact date!

Mine was ages ago now! Tuesday 17th October! Congrats for getting through!
Original post by Daggsey
I emailed parity today (because my f5 key has broken) and they said

"Thank you for your email, you could receive your FSAC results any when from now until the end of December. The marks are reviewed every couple of weeks."

they stopped short of saying now will you leave us alone LOL

That made me laugh!
Original post by MyronS
Definitely high enough for Generalist. But, I believe you cannot change preferences this late in the game. Maybe you can turn down GSS though if you get an offer after fsb and then be considered for generalist? :smile:

Congratulations btw!

Original post by jacktaylor69
Not sure about withdrawing, as I'm only left in for one scheme. Is there an option on your candidate home page, or does it just say "Withdraw application"? 11.03 will definitely be enough for generalist, so if you definitely prefer generalist I guess you could just purposely fail the FSB?

Thanks for the advice and suggestions! It just seems a bit like I'm wasting their time if I know I would rather do the generalist to do the FSB, but I guess this is my fault for not thinking about my preferences enough!

Latest

Trending

Trending