Imperial College - Aeronautical Engineering Applicants 2018

Watch
Ieng12
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hey guys,

Making a thread to centralise some info on aeronautical engineering applicants to Imperial.

I had applied before the Oxbridge deadline and have yet to hear anything. I have only received my acknowledgement.

I know several EU/Int students have received their tasks.

But I know of no UK Home students who have received an interview date at Imperial yet. I am getting kind of worried!
poo man
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I'm a UK student and I received the invite for an interview on 26th Oct, and the interview is this wednesday 22nd Nov!!! Super nervous!! I think some interviews happen in January and since they haven't rejected you you might still get an interview!!
Fire_bomb
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
UK student here as well! I've got my interview on the 23rd of November and I'm also very scared . Imperial usually do their interviews in batches so don't worry, they interview up until February! If you applied before the Oxbridge deadline you should hear from them soon-ish. Good luck and I hope you get a reply soon!!
poo man
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Fire_bomb)
UK student here as well! I've got my interview on the 23rd of November and I'm also very scared . Imperial usually do their interviews in batches so don't worry, they interview up until February! If you applied before the Oxbridge deadline you should hear from them soon-ish. Good luck and I hope you get a reply soon!!
May I ask what subjects you're taking? Also how are you preparing for the interview?
Fire_bomb
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I'm taking Maths, Physics and Further Maths (dropped History after AS). I've just been working on my graph sketching because those questions almost always come up. I've done some practise PAT papers to help with some abstract physics questions and some general engineering interview questions. May I ask the same for you?
Oscar_99
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Do any applicants taking Overseas Interview get response?
gustav98
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by poo man)
I'm a UK student and I received the invite for an interview on 26th Oct, and the interview is this wednesday 22nd Nov!!! Super nervous!! I think some interviews happen in January and since they haven't rejected you you might still get an interview!!
(Original post by Oscar_99)
Do any applicants taking Overseas Interview get response?
How did your interviews go guys
Fire_bomb
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Just finished my applicant day. Interview and maths test wasn't too bad overall. Maths test was challenging time-wise, 40 questions in 25 min. You get one long physics question which is hand-written. Interview was purely technical questions. No talk of my ps.
FlyingPooMan
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Just finished my applicant day. Interview and maths test wasn't too bad overall. Maths test was challenging time-wise, 40 questions in 25 min. You get one long physics question which is hand-written. Interview was purely technical questions. No talk of my ps.
Ahh i guess it really depends on the interviewer. For my interview the general questions and technical questions were about 50/50.
Eagle101
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Have any overseas applicants received their overseas interview acknowledgement email? They stated "by the end of the (working?) week" and there are only a few hours left.
Oscar_99
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Haven't heard anything yet.
mariaero
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Oscar_99)
Haven't heard anything yet.
They said it will take 3 weeks to get a response.
I guess we have to wait.
hemanth123456
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Still haven't heard back from Imperial!!!!!!!!!! Anyone else?
george1999!
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by hemanth123456)
it will usually take at least two weeks for them to get back to us. we may have to wait then
hemanth123456
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by george1999!)
it will usually take at least two weeks for them to get back to us. we may have to wait then
I haven't heard about interview yet, let alone result of the interview!!
gustav98
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I haven't heard about interview yet, let alone result of the interview!!
Did you apply before the 15th of Oct, and what were your predicted grades?
hemanth123456
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by gustav98)
Did you apply before the 15th of Oct, and what were your predicted grades?
Yes, I did I applied Oct 10th and my predictions as A*A*A A for Maths, DT (Resistant Materials), Physics and Further Maths, also an A for EPQ and an A for AS additional Further Maths.
Carrob135
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

Got confirmation of receipt for overseas interview Q on the 24th but nothing since
ecrassier
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Got an interview between the 28th of January and the 2nd of March, ages away. Don't worry if they haven't said anything, they do it by batch, not meaning everything on the level of your application.
hemanth123456
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by ecrassier)
Got an interview between the 28th of January and the 2nd of March, ages away. Don't worry if they haven't said anything, they do it by batch.
Just got that too! (But 28th Feb and 3rd March)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (6)
4.41%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (23)
16.91%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (24)
17.65%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (19)
13.97%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (40)
29.41%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (24)
17.65%

Watched Threads