Scroll to see replies

Original post by tanya_g
Hello, guys! So glad to see this thread, aah x

Course (because there are so many law-related courses): Straight law; M100
Universities applied to: Oxford, UCL, Kings, LSE, QMUL
IGCSEs (or equivalent): 7A*
AS Levels (or equivalent): 4A*A
A2 Predicted (or equivalent): 5A*
Extracurricular activities: MUNs (not too actively), debating, editor for school newspaper, published author, few blogs, community service and unrelated - competitive dancer, national level sportswoman
LNAT/Entrance Test (if applicable): took it on the 3rd of October, MCQ was pretty decent, messed up the essay- couldn't complete my conclusion 😭

you have some brilliant grades! I'm from India too btw, and we have really similar extracurriculars :tongue: Good luck with your application though, hopefully they wouldn't mind the incomplete essay thing, the rest of your application is super competitive xx
Reply 21
Original post by budumbumtsh
you have some brilliant grades! I'm from India too btw, and we have really similar extracurriculars :tongue: Good luck with your application though, hopefully they wouldn't mind the incomplete essay thing, the rest of your application is super competitive xx

thankyou so much! ooh that's cool, where are you from in india? i hope they can overlook it ugh x
Original post by pineapplepine
Hey! Also a Canadian applicant here for Law at Oxford,LSE, Durham, Manchester and UCL. Predicted average of 95%. What college did you apply to at Oxford? I'm losing my mind waiting on an interview reply loll

Lol me too... We will probably hear back right at the end of November.

I applied to Hertford, how about you?
Hi guys!
Universities: Oxford, LSE, UCL, KCL, Durham
*I took APs instead of A Levels, which is kinda worrying me because they're on a scale of 1-5, and idk if oxford views APs as easier to score well on than A levels :/ do you guys know anything about this
LNAT: taken Oct 13
Reply 24
Original post by anniel26
Hi guys!
Universities: Oxford, LSE, UCL, KCL, Durham
*I took APs instead of A Levels, which is kinda worrying me because they're on a scale of 1-5, and idk if oxford views APs as easier to score well on than A levels :/ do you guys know anything about this
LNAT: taken Oct 13

AP's are noted as equal to A levels for their entry requirements (though some dispute their equal worth) so for Oxford (and pretty much all that you are applying for) require 3 x AP's at 5 AND an SAT(R) at over 1370-1470/1600, except Durham who do not ask for the SAT.

What AP's do you have already, and what are you predicted? As all the Uni's you have applied to require the LNAT, it will depend on that score and your personal statement to get you an offer.

Good Luck!
Hey guys,

I am from Canada, completing an undergraduate degree in commerce majoring in accounting, A-average.

I have a year of international work experience at PwC Australia and did a study abroad at Oxford and received two firsts on my reports there.

I have applied to KCL and LSE.

Does anyone know if I am competitive for LSE?
Original post by infiinitee_
Yay finally an international applicant threat :biggrin:

Course (because there are so many law-related courses): M100 (just straight law)
Universities applied to: Oxford, LSE, UCL, KCL, QMUL
IGCSEs (or equivalent): 7A*s, 2As (not Oxford impressive I know)
AS Levels (or equivalent): N/A (IBDP)
A2 Predicted (or equivalent): HL: 776 (History, English Lang&Lit, Chem), SL: 777 (Bio, Maths, Chinese B), TOK: A, EE: A, 44/45
Extra curricular activities: Student council secretary, lead in school play last year, basketball team member, Yearbook Head of Journalism, Head Girl in Y10/11, 3 week attachment at local law firm etc.
LNAT/Entrance Test (if applicable): Took the LNAT on the 17th of Oct. Bombed it :smile:

Has anyone heard back from QMUL? I know some people have gotten responses but they're all home students. I was wondering if any international applicants have gotten it yet? I'm getting so anxious

LSE and Oxford rejection this week 🙃
Original post by infiinitee_
LSE and Oxford rejection this week 🙃

Hey. I am sorry to hear that. I got rejected from Oxford too. When were you put into further assessment by LSE, if you don't mind me asking. Also, what reason did they give? Which are the other places you've apllied to?
Original post by AdvocateDevereux
Hey. I am sorry to hear that. I got rejected from Oxford too. When were you put into further assessment by LSE, if you don't mind me asking. Also, what reason did they give? Which are the other places you've apllied to?

I think on the 16th of October? Around that week. The reason they give was personal statement and that was about it :/ I've applied to QMUL, UCL and KCL.

Course (because there are so many law-related courses): LLB and Graduate LLB

Universities applied to: Bristol, Kent, Leicester, Nottingham and York

IGCSEs (or equivalent): 7A* 4A

AS Levels (or equivalent): aabb

A2 Predicted (or equivalent): ABC

Extra curricular activities: faculty student mentor, features editor of university newspaper, external language learning courses, law internship

LNAT/Entrance Test (if applicable): 9 September
Offer from KCL a few days ago :smile:
Hi, I'm Liv and my details might vary as I'm doing a transfer program, hence I'll only be going to the UK for my 3rd year :smile:

Course (because there are so many law-related courses): M100
Universities applied to: Cardiff, Essex, Liverpool, Northumbria Trent (only had 11 choices to choose from :/)
1st Year (or equivalent): 4B+
2nd Year: 2A 2B+
Extra curricular activities:
- Internship with law firms
- MUN
- Part of the swim team in high school
- One of the 4 Head Leaders in school
- House representative
- Part of the cast for a musical
- Treasurer for Choir Club
LNAT/Entrance Test (if applicable): not applicable
Hello, I am a student from Singapore where our A levels are slightly different from the UK's (where the highest attainable grade is only an A instead of an A*). I attained 4As and 1B for my A levels along with an LNAT score of 30 but was rejected by UCL, LSE and Bristol and it affected me quite a bit. Received an offer from QMUL and am still waiting for Warwick's response. As I have read from other forums that some UK applicants received offers from UCL/Kings with LNAT scores of 21-23 and even Oxford with a score of 25, I was wondering if the admissions panel holds international applicants to higher standards/criteria as opposed to UK applicants?
Original post by mydearbelle
Hello, I am a student from Singapore where our A levels are slightly different from the UK's (where the highest attainable grade is only an A instead of an A*). I attained 4As and 1B for my A levels along with an LNAT score of 30 but was rejected by UCL, LSE and Bristol and it affected me quite a bit. Received an offer from QMUL and am still waiting for Warwick's response. As I have read from other forums that some UK applicants received offers from UCL/Kings with LNAT scores of 21-23 and even Oxford with a score of 25, I was wondering if the admissions panel holds international applicants to higher standards/criteria as opposed to UK applicants?

I’m so sorry for that :/ QMUL is a great school! I have seen some international applicants get 21-23 who got an offer from UCL so I’m not sure. Did UCL not give you a reason for your rejection and when did you receive the rejection?
Hi guys, I currently hold a conditional offer from Bristol and QMUL. Since neither of these are my first preferences, it is becoming difficult for me to decide which college to choose as a firm choice. As many of the you here have chosen either Bristol or QMUL as one of your preferences, it'll be really nice if you could help me clear my confusion and weigh in your opinions. I'd especially like to know why the suggested college would be a better choice for an international student.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending