The Student Room Group

I seriously want someone to talk to.

I don't know if I can post this here but I seriously want someone to talk to. I am very shy and haven't got many friends, I also have no luck with crushes. I feel really worthless and unwanted. I don't want to go on feeling like this anymore.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 1
pm me
You need to speak to someone ASAP. Is there someone at school? Your parents? Go to your gp if you can otherwise ring 111 and tell them how you feel. They can sort an appointment
Reply 3
Original post by Sammylou40
You need to speak to someone ASAP. Is there someone at school? Your parents? Go to your gp if you can otherwise ring 111 and tell them how you feel. They can sort an appointment

I would call someone it is just I can't get over the feeling that I would be wasting their time.
Reply 4
Original post by qam
pm me

Thank You for the offer but I feel that I would be bothering you.
Msg me
Original post by ShyTeen16
I would call someone it is just I can't get over the feeling that I would be wasting their time.

Not at all. They would not think that in the slightest. They will treat you as the valuable human that you are
Reply 7
Thank You for the offer but I feel that I would be bothering you.

i wouldnt ask if i feel that way? please pm me
Reply 8
Original post by Sammylou40
Not at all. They would not think that in the slightest. They will treat you as the valuable human that you are

It's just I feel that I'd be wasting an appointment space which could have been given to someone with a real illness such as Cancer.
I don't know if I can post this here but I seriously want someone to talk to. I am very shy and haven't got many friends, I also have no luck with crushes. I feel really worthless and unwanted. I don't want to go on feeling like this anymore.

you sound like a normal teenager to me. a lot of people go through this in their teenage years and possibly later in life too.

having few friends is not a problem. when it comes to people, quality beats quantity every time. a few good friends is a lot better than lots of bad friends so i really would not bother about that. i have very few close friends but those who i do have are there when i need them (or not) and that is what matters.

having no luck with crushes is probably a good thing for now. you need to sort your own head out first. having a partner would only complicate things further and put more pressure on you. you dont need that right now and you have plenty of time to get a partner.

a feeling of self-worth is very much down to what you think makes you worth something. we all have different ideas in this area which makes it very difficult to give an answer to. nobody can answer that for you because it is based on your own values and morals which will change as you get older.
(edited 6 years ago)

Hi I private messaged you.
(edited 6 years ago)
Call 0800 1111 for childline if you need them, they're much more equipped to help you than TSR is, and its their job to help you so you won't be wasting their time. The majority of their employees have been in your position, so they'll understand. If talking on the phone isn't your thing, they also have an online service where you can 'email' them within the site.

For the last three years I've struggled with mental health problems, so I understand what it's like to feel like you're unable to connect with people, or like you don't matter. I'm coming out the other side of it though, I'm recovering. Trust me when I say it gets better. The world is a beautiful, crazy old place, and the chances that you are alive to see it are next to nothing. You have to grab life and cling on with everything you've got, even through the hard times, even through the absolute worst moments, because it is so ****ing worth it.

If you want to talk, or if you just need a friend, then PM me. You won't be wasting my time. I think that helping others is the best way a person can spend their time, and its rewarding to see others find their way out of places I used to be in. If anything, just keep speaking out about how you feel.
Reply 12
Original post by crocodile_ears
Call 0800 1111 for childline if you need them, they're much more equipped to help you than TSR is, and its their job to help you so you won't be wasting their time. The majority of their employees have been in your position, so they'll understand. If talking on the phone isn't your thing, they also have an online service where you can 'email' them within the site.

For the last three years I've struggled with mental health problems, so I understand what it's like to feel like you're unable to connect with people, or like you don't matter. I'm coming out the other side of it though, I'm recovering. Trust me when I say it gets better. The world is a beautiful, crazy old place, and the chances that you are alive to see it are next to nothing. You have to grab life and cling on with everything you've got, even through the hard times, even through the absolute worst moments, because it is so ****ing worth it.

If you want to talk, or if you just need a friend, then PM me. You won't be wasting my time. I think that helping others is the best way a person can spend their time, and its rewarding to see others find their way out of places I used to be in. If anything, just keep speaking out about how you feel.

Thanks! I will have a look at emailing them! I'm too shy to call!!
Reply 13
I don't know if I can post this here but I seriously want someone to talk to. I am very shy and haven't got many friends, I also have no luck with crushes. I feel really worthless and unwanted. I really feel that everything would be better if I was dead. I don't want to go on feeling like this anymore.

If you want to talk pm me
Yeah I have had all kinds of e friends, all kinds of nationalities since 2008. They came and went over the years but I’ve spoken to some for 5 years now and it’s like an extension to irl friends. And I ended up meeting 3 irl abroad. I mean I didn’t go specifically to meet them cos that’s crazy but just by coincidence. And what’s more is that they go from friends as a young person to useful contacts in working life

Quick Reply

Latest