The Student Room Group

Why does he send me selfies on snapchat?

This guy who I speak to a bit, puts pictures of himself on his story, and sends a different picture of himself to me privately as well on there. I'm not entirely sure if the picture is just for me, although is probably sent to others too.

I just don't really understand why you'd put one picture of yourself on your story for everyone to see, and another sent privately to people :s-smilie:. I never really reply either to the pictures. Am I meant to?
Original post by Anonymous
This guy who I speak to a bit, puts pictures of himself on his story, and sends a different picture of himself to me privately as well on there. I'm not entirely sure if the picture is just for me, although is probably sent to others too.

I just don't really understand why you'd put one picture of yourself on your story for everyone to see, and another sent privately to people :s-smilie:. I never really reply either to the pictures. Am I meant to?

It should be exceedingly obvious he's doing this because he fancies you...
Reply 2
Could like you or just thinks of you as a friend.
Reply 3

You m? F?

Is it nude? He wants you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by Glassapple
It should be exceedingly obvious he's doing this because he fancies you...

This occurred to me, but he seems really active on snapchat in general, so I assumed he's probably sending the pictures to every girl on his friends list, hence I didn't read too much into it.

He doesn't really flirt or start up conversations either, just sends me a pic daily different to the one posted on his story. Then I thought wait, am I actually meant to respond to these pictures instead of just opening them lol.
Reply 5
Original post by SMEGGGY
You m? F?

Is it nude? He wants you

Posted from TSR Mobile

Female, and no it's just an attractive picture of him smiling. I already fancy him and I think he knows so that may have something to do with it somewhat :tongue:
Reply 6
Original post by UWS
Could like you or just thinks of you as a friend.

I'm not sure, because we don't even know each other well enough to be friends. We've had a couple of short, funny conversations and are friendly to each other, but we're acquaintances at the most.
Sending them daily? Ever heard of snap streaks? Your suppose to send one back
Reply 8
Female, and no it's just an attractive picture of him smiling. I already fancy him and I think he knows so that may have something to do with it somewhat :tongue:

You send any back? He's interested so respond :awesome:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Sending them daily? Ever heard of snap streaks? Your suppose to send one back

no I've never heard of those. I can't really be bothered sending any back haha. I think I sent maybe one once, but I'm not much of a selfie-taker in general. I tend to post snaps of whatever I'm doing at the time on my story and that's about it.
Original post by SMEGGGY
You send any back? He's interested so respond :awesome:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've only sent 1 back and he's sent about 3 now. Nothing comes of it though, he just opens my snap and doesn't really comment so I didn't read into it. I did privately message him about another snap he posted yesterday (food pic) asking where he bought it from as I can't find it anywhere and we just joked around a bit, but we only sent 3-4 messages between us.

This morning he sent another selfie, again I opened it but seeing as he never really talks anyway and we don't know each other too well, I didn't say anything, nor do I know if he wants me to. I don't even know what I'd even say for a start lol.
He send you those pictures so that you comment on them and it can lead to a conversation, which can even go as far as flirting. He's just sending his pictures and is not trying to initiate a conversation, which hints that he probably sends those pictures to other people as well. I think he just wants to flirt with you have a good time, and nothing serious.
I have a friend who followed a guy on Instagram because she found his poetry deep, and he followed her back. She would show us his poetry and appreciate it. She started liking and commenting on his posts. Soon he started tagging her in his posts (he tags some of her other friends as well) and started inboxing her his poems (he sends them to other girls as well). She would comment on the poems he would inbox her, which would lead to some other conversation as well, but nothing serious. She would mention that he has a nice jawline (which he does) and we would simply agree with her. Then one day she told us that they chatted whole night. With passing days, these conversations became a thing of every night and she became very close to him, as a friend and we would jokingly make them a couple.
One day she came to school and told me that he has a girlfriend. Me and other friends started joking about that, but all of us could sense the tears in her eyes when she would talk about that. After a while she came around the fact about her girlfriend. Then, that guy broke up and had no links with his ex. All of us could feel that how happy our friend was because of that breakup, but she would say that how depressed he is and she's sad for him. Soon the breakup became a thing of the past and she would openly talk about how they would do future planning and other stuff happening in relationships. Now they chat for hours and hours (he lives in New York and we live in Pakistan) and she would even ask for his suggestions about what to wear for parties etc. Recently we had a party and all my friends were insisting on wearing heels but she refused, because he told her to go with flats.
The matters have gone so far that each of her sentence would start and end with him, and she would compare her love for us with his love. She would always be mentioning their wedding and their future together. I know she's in love with him, but does he love him?
We tell her that he's just a dream but she won't listen. But all of us know that all she can gain from him is heartbreak. From this experience with my friend, I suggest you to stay away from him, 'cause I don't feel he'll be doing any good to you. Rest is up to you.
(Sorry for all this rambling, but I felt all this needed to be said.)

Quick Reply