The Student Room Group

Which A-levels are people taking?

I’m just curious to find out (because I’m nosey lol) which subjects people are taking, whether you’re in year 11 and deciding or if you’re in sixth form and already doing them!

I’m in year 11 and will most likely take biology, sociology and English literature (is this a good mix?)

I just thought it would help me out and others too to see what other people are doing and what they think of their choices, as well as any possible career goals so let me know because I’m interested to hear from you!!
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by georgia1989
I’m just curious to find out (because I’m nosey lol) which subjects people are taking, whether you’re in year 11 and deciding or if you’re in sixth form and already doing them!

I’m in year 11 and will most likely take biology, sociology and English literature (is this a good mix?)

I just thought it would help me out and others too to see what other people are doing and what they think of their choices, so let me know because I’m interested to hear from you!!

Well, I am taking History Geography and Law. Determining if they're a good mix comes down to what you want to do when you leave college/Sixth form
Maths
Physics
Biology
Further Maths - self taught

2 many exams 5 me
Maths, Politics (And either Sociology or Econ)
I'm year 13 doing Biology, Chemistry and Psychology and love them all and I also have an A in AS Religious Studies which was great too!
English Literature
Film Studies
Sociology

Right now, I think I'll either become a secondary school teacher or a journalist! :biggrin:
Is History, English Lit, Economics and German a good mix?
I think I'd like to do PPE at Oxford or something like that but I might do French/Maths/Geography instead of the other a levels. :smile:
Original post by HaroldRobertBrad
Is History, English Lit, Economics and German a good mix?
I think I'd like to do PPE at Oxford or something like that but I might do French/Maths/Geography instead of the other a levels. :smile:

I don’t know much about that course but those all sound like good subjects! Maths might be worth considering though I reckon, good luck!
Original post by georgia1989
I don’t know much about that course but those all sound like good subjects! Maths might be worth considering though I reckon, good luck!

Great!!

To be honest I hate maths but I'm not too bad so I'll do it if I have to.:s-smilie:
Yours sound like a good mix- what do you want to do after? Good luck with them :smile:
Reply 9
I'm doing maths, further maths, chemistry an physics! those subjects sound like a good mix, but you should be careful about bio, all my friends do it say that the mark scheme is v specific and its really hard to get A*s
Original post by HaroldRobertBrad
Great!!

To be honest I hate maths but I'm not too bad so I'll do it if I have to.:s-smilie:
Yours sound like a good mix- what do you want to do after? Good luck with them :smile:

Thanks! I’m considering a career as a nurse but I’m not quite sure yet so I tried to keep my options pretty varied so I have lots open to me - I also chose the subjects I enjoy the most. I’m also considering a sociology degree but I don’t really know yet! I really like the idea of going to Oxford or Cambridge though.. we’ll have to see what happens!
Also since you already have three facilitating subjects that leave you a wide range of options open I think you’d be fine if you didn’t do maths. I’m guessing you have already but it’s definitely worth checking details about the entry requirements on the Oxford website!
Best of luck! :-)
Le epic combo:
Further Maths, Maths, Physics, Chemistry
Original post by AryanGh
Le epic combo:
Further Maths, Maths, Physics, Chemistry

Sounds good!
Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Computing
Thinking of Maths, Further Maths, Computer Science and Physics
Those a levels sound good but obviously it depends on what you want to do after !
I'm in year 12 doing chemistry, biology and rs (philosophy and ethics). Hoping to do medicine at uni :-)
Reply 16
History, Economics, and Sociology.
maths, biology, chemistry and EPQ
Original post by niamh787
Those a levels sound good but obviously it depends on what you want to do after !
I'm in year 12 doing chemistry, biology and rs (philosophy and ethics). Hoping to do medicine at uni :-)

I’m thinking of nursing or a sociology degree but I chose those options as I enjoy them as well as that they leave quite a few options open for me! Best of luck with medicine! :-)
Reply 19
Going to choose:
-Computing
-Economics
-Maths
-Further Maths

Quick Reply

Latest