The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

She is perfectly entitled to identify as a woman.
But
She does not have a female musculature. I disagree. It’s not appropriate. The playing field is not level
Reply 2
Original post by Sammylou40
She is perfectly entitled to identify as a woman.
But
She does not have a female musculature. I disagree. It’s not appropriate. The playing field is not level

The day when we two agree on something...says a lot.
Original post by yudothis
The day when we two agree on something...says a lot.

:hugs:
Reply 4
men who wish to be referred to as women should not be allowed to compete in competitive sports with women.

It's ridiculous that men are able to do this.

Imagine being a legit female and having worked hard to get to the top of your game, only to let a man in a wig snatch top prize away from you and make new world records that realistically any legit woman is not able to attain.

look at this "woman"
Even as a man .. I wouldn't get in the ring with her
imagine being up against this as a legit female ...you'd just have no chance...

Political Correctness gone mad....
Reply 5
Original post by ANM775
men who wish to be referred to as women should not be allowed to compete in competitive sports with women.

It's ridiculous that men are able to do this.

Imagine being a legit female and having worked hard to get to the top of your game, only to let a man in a wig snatch top prize away from you and make new world records that realistically any legit woman is not able to attain.

look at this "woman"
Even as a man .. I wouldn't get in the ring with her
imagine being up against this as a legit female ...you'd just have no chance...

Political Correctness gone mad....

Is it PC though? I mean you are pandering to the wants of a very, very small group of people. An aggressive one at that, trans activists send death and rape threats to female TERFs...
Reply 6
Is it PC though? I mean you are pandering to the wants of a very, very small group of people. An aggressive one at that, trans activists send death and rape threats to female TERFs...

Not to mention that so many kids are probably just trans because their parents are homophobic so when they act say a boy feminine they say "he is trans, not gay".

It is Political Correctness gone out of control

The laws allow it so males can legally change to a female and vice versa, and to deny them the opportunity to compete as said gender probably would break one of the ever expanding lists of human rights and open up the sport to legal action/huge payout for "discrimination"
Reply 7
Original post by ANM775
It is Political Correctness gone out of control

The laws allow it so males can legally change to a female and vice versa, and to deny them the opportunity to compete as said gender probably would break one of the ever expanding lists of human rights and open up the sport to legal action/huge payout for "discrimination"

What about women being discriminated against? That doesn't matter, right? Half the population. As long as a very tiny subgroup get their disgusting advantages.
What’s there to justify? Provided her testosterone levels were below 10 nanomoles per liter for at least 12 months prior to the competition, there’s nothing to justify.
Reply 9
Original post by Dima-Blackburn
What’s there to justify? Provided her testosterone levels were below 10 nanomoles per liter for at least 12 months prior to the competition, there’s nothing to justify.

You think it's ok for a man to compete against women? Testosterone levels aren't the only issue.
Reply 10
What about women being discriminated against? That doesn't matter, right? Half the population. As long as a very tiny subgroup get their disgusting advantages.

overall I think it's unfair on legitimate women

If a true women athlete kicked up a fuss I wouldn't be surprised if they were branded transphobic and had sponsors start dropping them. That is how ridiculous Political Correctness has become
Reply 11
Original post by ANM775
overall I think it's unfair on legitimate women

If a true women athlete kicked up a fuss I wouldn't be surprised if they were branded transphobic and had sponsors start dropping them. That is how ridiculous Political Correctness has become

I fully agree. I think you know I am usually leaning more left. But this is beyond ridiculous.
You think it's ok for a man to compete against women? Testosterone levels aren't the only issue.

She’s not a man.

Sex is verified via hormone testing in sports (it’s a better indicator of performance than genitalia/chromosomes). What other issue is here?
Reply 13
She’s not a man.

Sex is verified via hormone testing in sports (it’s a better indicator of performance than genitalia/chromosomes). What other issue is here?

There are multiple reasons, read what the head of Australia's weightlifting said.

But to pick up your "argument" - if that is all it is, why aren't other women allowed to push themselves up to that limit, when he is allowed to push himself down below it.

And if it's just this technicality, a verification rule created before trans men decided to cheat and win against women, then the rule just needs to be changed. Easy.
There are multiple reasons, read what the head of Australia's weightlifting said.

But to pick up your "argument" - if that is all it is, why aren't other women allowed to push themselves up to that limit, when he is allowed to push himself down below it.

And if it's just this technicality, a verification rule created before trans men decided to cheat and win against women, then the rule just needs to be changed. Easy.

I’ve read what he said; it’s a nonsensical argument. The use of estrogen supplements and testosterone blockers (or physical castration via sex reassignment) by transwomen cause a decrease in muscle mass, bone density, and oxygen-carrying red blood cells. This leads to a decrease in strength, speed, and endurance.

Not sure what you mean in your 2nd paragraph, but if certain women have testosterone levels higher than the threshold, then they compete in male sports.

There’s no “cheating”. But I’m interested to hear what rules you’d propose. I’m sure you’re fully read on human physiology and sports science to determine the relevant criteria for sex verification.
Nothing makes sense any more.

Transphobia!!!!
Reply 17
I’ve read what he said; it’s a nonsensical argument. The use of estrogen supplements and testosterone blockers (or physical castration via sex reassignment) by transwomen cause a decrease in muscle mass, bone density, and oxygen-carrying red blood cells. This leads to a decrease in strength, speed, and endurance.

Not sure what you mean in your 2nd paragraph, but if certain women have testosterone levels higher than the threshold, then they compete in male sports.

There’s no “cheating”. But I’m interested to hear what rules you’d propose. I’m sure you’re fully read on human physiology and sports science to determine the relevant criteria for sex verification.

You don't even understand the difference between sex and gender. You said all that matters is the level. So why can't women up theirs, as long as they aren't above the threshold?

He was a mediocre male weightlifter. Decides he wants to be something and tries to compete as a woman. Takes a few hormones and is a "woman". His entire life his body was male. His nervous system is adapted to being male, his muscle memory.
I wish people would stop saying this is political correctness gone mad it's nothing of the kind. It is just political correctness.
This is what it looks like.
Reply 19
Society pays too much attention to the gender issues. That is not something that should be a reason to argue and fight. Be clever

Latest

Trending

Trending