The Student Room Group

The 2017-8 FCA Graduate Development Programme

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by raganosio
last year it was my first exercise during the day and I almost walked out of the AC... I stuck to it...dd not pass in the end, but good experience. I still would not know how to successfully approach that task again.

Yeah it was our first task too. Did they not say anything about it when you got feedback about why you didn't pass? Everything else was straightforward so would assume it's where most people fail
Reply 21
Original post by OBenson
Yeah it was our first task too. Did they not say anything about it when you got feedback about why you didn't pass? Everything else was straightforward so would assume it's where most people fail

Yes I got my feedback.But the task is so complex that I would not know how to improve to complete it in time. Anyway, it is all in the past now :smile:
I have a telephone interview for supervision stream soon, do you have any general ideas what type of questions do they ask and does it actually last 30 minutes?
Reply 23
Original post by karokaro22
I have a telephone interview for supervision stream soon, do you have any general ideas what type of questions do they ask and does it actually last 30 minutes?

Mine was pretty much 30 minutes and they ask you questions about the FCA and why you want to join, and then competency questions so - ‘can you give me an example of a time when...’ I looked at previous year threads for ideas!
Original post by OBenson
Mine was pretty much 30 minutes and they ask you questions about the FCA and why you want to join, and then competency questions so - ‘can you give me an example of a time when...’ I looked at previous year threads for ideas!

thanks a lot @OBenson
Do I need to have completed the numerical and inductive reasoning tests by tonight's deadline or do I have the 5 day timeframe mentioned in the invitation email?
I'm in the same boat...But the deadline on the website were extended to Dec 18 I think?Click on opportunities in the careers portal and you'll see what I mean
Original post by jummy151
I'm in the same boat...But the deadline on the website were extended to Dec 18 I think?Click on opportunities in the careers portal and you'll see what I mean

Interesting. Thanks for pointing this out.

Are you sure that they extended the deadline? as the deadline was on 3rd of December and I can see on portal that there are no any active opportunities anymore.
Are you sure that they extended the deadline? as the deadline was on 3rd of December and I can see on portal that there are no any active opportunities anymore.

Perhaps it was a glitch :/ but definitely said 18th dec when I last looked
Original post by sgorka17
Interesting. Thanks for pointing this out.

Perhaps it was a glitch :/ but definitely said 18th dec when I last looked

Same here, I managed to get through all the tests but I still need to complete the motivational questions. But I just checked and yes it's all been updated to the 18th - at least for my stream so it doesn't look like a glitch.
Anyone went to the Nov. 30th AC heard back anything yet? We were told there was another AC two weeks after that - anyone from that AC here?

This is for Economics stream.
hi guys, could you advise me on the analysis exercise? a little intimidated after reading these comments!
What does everyone think of the new offices location in Stratford?
Original post by rayofrain

Personally think it's great, easier commute for me if I get in
Wbu

Also how/where did people prepare for the numerical and logical test?
Personally think it's great, easier commute for me if I get in
Wbu

Also how/where did people prepare for the numerical and logical test?

It's definitely got very good transport links, do you have an idea of where you would be living? Personally I'm just not fully sure about the vibe of the place.

For those tests they give you practice questions for each. If you need more help with numerical, it's fairly easy ratios, percentage differences, increases and decreases, and you have to be comfortable with big numbers. I found it one of the easier numerical tests. For logic, it's seeing what pattern would come next after a given sequence. Not sure how you could prepare, it's a rarer test than the numerical one! Hopefully someone else would have an answer!
Hi guys,

I know there's an assessment centre today and I think they're run a few others already. Can anyone whose been share their experience? I've heard the analytical exercise is quite hard - I'm not even sure what that is haha- anyway any insight would be much appreciated!
Original post by Nadine65782
Hi guys,

I know there's an assessment centre today and I think they're run a few others already. Can anyone whose been share their experience? I've heard the analytical exercise is quite hard - I'm not even sure what that is haha- anyway any insight would be much appreciated!

Hi,
Which stream is this?
Original post by stacylee
hi guys, could you advise me on the analysis exercise? a little intimidated after reading these comments!

Hi,

Which stream are you applying to? And when is your AC? The analysis is difficult but it is designed to be like that. You can see last years' threads about it.
Original post by rayofrain

You got an offer already my friend?

Quick Reply

Latest