The Student Room Group

2018 imperial design engineering

Any one got an interview for design engineering in imperial?

Scroll to see replies

Still waiting, applied on 15th Oct. :smile:
Got one yesterday
Reply 3
Original post by pcolly2509
Got one yesterday

yeah I got one on Thursday for the 29th of Nov, does any body know what sort of thing they're going to be asking?
Reply 4
Original post by BMC99
yeah I got one on Thursday for the 29th of Nov, does any body know what sort of thing they're going to be asking?

Heyy! could you tell us what they asked you about? x
Reply 5
When did you apply ? And do you mind If I ask what your predicted grades are ?
Reply 6
Original post by mayar44
Heyy! could you tell us what they asked you about? x

my interview is on the 29th of November but I'll try and and remember to put the sort thing they asked me here afterwards
Original post by BMC99
my interview is on the 29th of November but I'll try and and remember to put the sort thing they asked me here afterwards

Are you thinking of bringing your designs with you? I'm not sure whether I should or not.
Got mine on the 29th too. What you planning to wear? Can't find a quoted dress code anywhere. One of my friends had one for Civil and was told formal so wore a suit and another had one with mech and was told informal and basically not to wear a suit, so rly not sure. Might email
Reply 9
Got mine on the 29th too. What you planning to wear? Can't find a quoted dress code anywhere. One of my friends had one for Civil and was told formal so wore a suit and another had one with mech and was told informal and basically not to wear a suit, so rly not sure. Might email

Do design students even own suits....... would be super helpful if you guys with interviews could let us know whether your a home or international student. Also your predicted grades - quite a few of us have not heard back - so this could put our minds at rest.
Original post by LisaOB
Do design students even own suits....... would be super helpful if you guys with interviews could let us know whether your a home or international student. Also your predicted grades - quite a few of us have not heard back - so this could put our minds at rest.

Yeh sure. I'm a UK student and am predicted 4 a*s
My interview is on 8/12, so I'll be very interested in hearing about the interview process from all of you who were invited for 29/11 :smile:
Reply 12
Original post by Thedonreggaeton
Are you thinking of bringing your designs with you? I'm not sure whether I should or not.

I'm planning on bringing a small collection of my stuff because the worst that can happen is I don't get time to show it, but I hope I do
Original post by BMC99
I'm planning on bringing a small collection of my stuff because the worst that can happen is I don't get time to show it, but I hope I do

I think I'll bring one little pocketable item just to help with a 'what have you done that shows you're interested' question
Original post by BMC99

Are yours 3D products or on paper designs?
Are yours 3D products or on paper designs?

The one I'm thinking of bringing is a fully functional product.

Have you heard back from them about the dress code?
Have you heard back from them about the dress code?

Not yet, I doubt anyone will reply until Monday. I will keep you updated.
Not yet, I doubt anyone will reply until Monday. I will keep you updated.

I applied, went to interview last year- it was an okay experiance... although the lecturer asking the questions wasn't very clear in his pronounciation at all. It's smart casual, whatever makes you feel most comfortable. A nice shirt and trousers will do for men, smart casual dress for the ladies.

Tbh I brought a functional product with me and they have so many applicants they rarely even had time to look at it. Made no difference what so ever.
Original post by allofthestars
I applied, went to interview last year- it was an okay experiance... although the lecturer asking the questions wasn't very clear in his pronounciation at all. It's smart casual, whatever makes you feel most comfortable. A nice shirt and trousers will do for men, smart casual dress for the ladies.

Tbh I brought a functional product with me and they have so many applicants they rarely even had time to look at it. Made no difference what so ever.

Yeh he replied with smart casual, thank you. Did they ask you to sketch btw?

Quick Reply

Latest