The Student Room Group

Mr

I have had a disagreement with my parents and at the end of the month I have no where to go am 31soon be 32 I get paid monthly so I hope I can get some help with my situation thanks please reply back to me when you or someone can it be a big help
Reply 1
Original post by Darren321
I have had a disagreement with my parents and at the end of the month I have no where to go am 31soon be 32 I get paid monthly so I hope I can get some help with my situation thanks please reply back to me when you or someone can it be a big help

Rent your own place out if you can.
Reply 2
I have no money till 1st December as parents want full rend from me
Reply 3
Ask the council for emergency housing if youre broke and homeless?
Reply 4
okay what if they can't help me
Reply 5
Slum it at a mate's? Not ideal but better than being on the street.
Reply 6
None of my mates have space
Reply 7
parents want full rent on the 30th of this month council will not help because I want therr earlier today
any friends/family members/someone who owes you a favour who could let you crash on their floors for a while?

try going to citizens advice bureau and tell them you are soon to be homeless and need accommodation. anything is worth a try
Reply 9
no one can help
they're your parents, try to convince them how can they throw their own son out??
Reply 11
I have ask but I get know response
no one can help

You have to go to the council with a letter from your parents saying that they are kicking you out (make them write that you can only stay for one night).

And then you go the the housing (with a travel bag containing some of your things packed up) and make a homeless application which is an emergency.

If you go to the council normally and explain the situation they will not take it seriously or treat it as a priority because they will assume that a) you don't really have to move out you're just trying to get accommodation in a moment of crisis and b) it's a family dispute and they'll let you stay/change their minds later on.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 13
Ok thanks for the surrport

You’ve got a few options.

1. Try and convince your parents otherwise. I mean, your 31, you’ve been with them for this long.
2. A friends house if your desperate, sofa surfing for a bit
3. Speak to the council and try to arrange emergency housing. But, hopefully your parents won’t kick you out if you’ve physically got nowhere to go.

You said your parents want rent on the 30th and you get paid on the 1st of December. Just ask for a one day extension?
Try exchanging work for a room at a pub (with) rooms obviously you couldn’t wash dishes or anything
Reply 16
Parents have just given me until end of January

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending