The Student Room Group

The 'I really need to get my life together' GCSE blog

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mez_merising
that last line is very true!!!

Hahaha, I spend the majority of my English exams waffling about feminism and spewing out quotes and somehow I always manage to do okay..??😂😂
(edited 6 years ago)
I honestly overworked myself during my GCSE’s but I endured and I did what I had to do and I got the job done.
same except i'm in sixth form doing the international baccalaureate lol. dropping by to say it doesn't get any better
Tuesday, 21st November
Days until mocks: 6

#notdead

So. S’been a while. Clearly, I've got some explaining to do.

The truth is, I'd love to say my absence was due to me pursuing my spontaneous dream of living the nomadic lifestyle so I dropped everything in search of the buffalo; or i decided that, as big eff u to Michael Gove, I'd stuff the education system and live as a full time sewer rat; or maybe the queen turned up at my doorstep and offered me a once-in-a-lifetime week long rave I simply couldn’t decline or even, perhaps more realistically, I got off the internet to study for my mocks.

Unfortunately, all of the above isn't true.

Here’s what I've been up to:

Tuesday:
Arrived home at 18:30 because of a 3-5 maths revision ‘pop and pizza’ session. No revision got done in the slightest.
Wednesday:
Settled to down to do my dreaded weekly maths homework (at 10pm might I add) only to have a complete MELTDOWN. Jesus, it was bad. I couldn’t do any of the questions and I couldn’t think and I couldn’t DO THE THING THE MATHSY THING EVERYONE ELSE CAN DO so I thought stuff it and went to bed. Didn’t do my chemistry homework. No revision got done in the slightest.
Thursday:
Got out of the chemistry homework I didn’t do, then after school, I went to the presentation evening because I'd won an English award (wow what an achievement put that on your personal statement, Meghan). It’s safe to say no revision got done in the slightest.
Friday:
It was a Friday. ‘Nuff said. No revision got done in the slightest
Saturday:
Some revision happened. Not much. But I did a bit of history. *round of applause*
Sunday:
Completed most of my homework. Cheeky bit of revision, too. Not enough, though. I think we’ve all established I never do enough.
Monday:
Went to another school for English literature conference from 2 till 5, which was actually quite helpful. Had to wear business dress, though, so that was slightly mentally scarring. No revision got done in the slightest. I was actually going to update y'all yesterday, but my laptop wouldn't turn on so I thought I'd broken it. I actually read a book last night, as well, which shows my desperation in my laptop-less situation. It's all good now, though. Phew. Crisis averted.
Today:
Had a whole day of biology today, in which we did thermoregulation, the brain, the eye (found these two really interesting; is that a career in science I smell?), a walking talking mock followed by a mini test thing, which I found relatively easy but it doesn’t count for anything so if I fail I won’t be getting kicked out the country. Did a bit of my physics homework (which is due 6th period tomorrow, might I add), then a small amount of English revision. Reconnected with my old bae Ozymandias.

So, another productive week down. I’m wonderfully prepared for my mocks and I'm very happy with my work ethic. I’m sure I'll do great.

Hmm. I’m only being 90% sarcastic. I’m surprisingly relaxed, almost confident about mocks at the moment. Meghan, the girl with 0 chill has broken the scale with how chill she is right now, and I just want to go back to my old neurotic self. Amid the exam stress a few months ago, I said to a friend that people who don’t care don’t know how easy they have it, and I take that back now. I’m stressed about not being stressed enough, and I just want to care, like properly 6-hour-revision-session care, but I've exhausted my mental capacity to give a damn and I'm just drained. I think I've entered that point of stress where I'm so stressed I don’t even care, and I'm REALLY regretting not revising ten years earlier for this, but there really isn’t a whole lot I can do about that right now, so I might have to resort to praying to Jesus or something.

Cheeky little update about the ongoing A-Level crisis: it got worse. It’s bigger, it’s badder and crisis-ier than ever. Read at your own risk

Spoiler

Just thinking about it and looking at unis that want both bio and chem, I'm thinking that I don't wanna do this. ARGH! WHY CAN I NOT HAVE MY LIFE TOGETHER LIKE ALL MY FRIENDS?!
(edited 6 years ago)
I love how down-to-earth and realistic this is.
I know the drill, you say as soon as mocks are over, no dilly dalling, will start revising everything bit by bit :rolleyes:
I ended up pulling all nighters because I was chocka-blocked from 8 til 8 on school days and weekends were for wasting time away.
My 2 cents, try to roughly cover/read the main bits per subjects for the mocks.
After that, get a 'grown-up' to 'supervise', and weekly make quick 'revision notes' (yknow for last minute de-briefing before the acual exams). [Whether that grown up be a parent/teacher/sibling or even the local librarian. or even the local librarian.]
Try to make the revision 'fun' and silly (as silly is easier to remember)
and set times for h/w fgs. Do the h/w on the set date, no excuses. Not the day before its due. Hopefully, after mocks it should be fairly revision based anyway.

Good luck, you can do this. If I managed... anyone can. Honestly.
Thursday, 23rd November 2017
Days until mocks: 4

Yesterday, was somewhat productive, believe it or not. I did a French listening paper, then did quite a large chunk of poetry revision, in which I managed to come up with some original, uh... analysises..?(@AllThePeopleWhoKnewThePluralOfCrisis what's the plural of analysis?!) without the use of Mr Bruff. Don't get me wrong, I love Mr Bruff and I should probably get a tattoo of his face as thanks for his English language videos, but I always feel a little bit bad in the exam using his points and getting good marks for them, so it feels good to have some of my own to throw in there. I'm praying either Ozymandias or War Photographer comes up.

Today was parents evening which went pretty well, even if I established that I'm talkative and easily distracted. My geography teacher asked me how the geography revision was going, so I gave her my most passionate smile and said it was going brilliantly. Which, it would be, had I actually done any revision. My combined geography 1&2 paper is on Monday (and it's 2 hours and 15 fricking minutes long), but I'm quite chill. Out of all of my subjects, save maybe English and French, geography seems to have stuck in my head pretty well. I'm going to revise this weekend, but I think I'll be alright.
She says, getting a grade three.
But, arguably more importantly, I have my french speaking mock tomorrow. My name's last in the register and our class is the last class to do theirs, so I think I'll be one of the last to do it. All my friends have done theirs and I just want it OVER with. I picked topic 3 (school) for my general conversation like I did at the end of year ten and I've been flicking through the flashcards I used then so I'm pretty prepared, I guess.

French:
This evening, I went over some questions I could potentially get asked (what is your favourite subject? what would your ideal school look like? etc) and brushed up on my tenses, specifically the future and conditional. I've got my auraits and auras in check now, so I'm hoping I won't fluff it up too much tomorrow. I can barely talk to my own friends without feeling anxious, so who knows what might happen when I'm talking to a scary adult.

Pretty sure that's it from me today. I need to tidy my room, and I might try and pick up memrise and duolingo again. Scratch that- I will pick up memrise and duolingo again. I've been far too lazy recently.
Saturday, 25th November 2017
Days until mocks: 2
English literature paper 1: 27th November 2017, 08:45
Geography paper 1&2: 27th November 2017, 13:00

So it’s a month until Christmas and less than a month until my birthday and I really haven’t got time for all this celebration shiz right now. I haven’t even thought about what to buy people this year yet, never mind actually going out and getting it. But, for the next two weeks, all of this needs to be put on hold. These next two weeks are going to be tiring, they’re going to be exhausting, they’re going to be downright bloody awful because that’s what you get for last minute revision. But it’s too late for that now. Yes, I haven’t revised enough, but it’s never too late. I’m aiming to get mostly 7s during these mocks (wouldn’t mind a few 8s thrown in but let’s be realistic here) because I feel like that’ll set me up to build a solid 8 up from there in the January mocks/ actual exams, but that’s pretty optimistic given my current state.I (I always find myself saying 'we', but I always edit it back to 'I' cos we just sounds weird when I'm on my own) found out that our mock results will be given to us in, like, official envelopes as if it were the real thing. I don't know if all schools do this, or mine is just #extra, but that left us pretty shook when that dropped at 08:35 on a Monday morning.

On Friday, I had my French speaking mock (at 14:05, so I had a whole day to stress about it), which my teacher was pleased with, but I wasn’t. I feel like I did so much better in my year ten mock and I can’t stop thinking about all the idioms and fancy connectives and negatives I learnt that I didn’t use. I forgot what I had was, so I used I will have instead and ahhh it just felt like a complete shambles. I was SO much more stressed and anxious for this one that the last and everything I knew just completely disappeared from my brain, but there really is nothing I can do about it now. Oh well. I’m not stressed about the other French exams, though. For writing, my strongest, I'll probably just whizz over some tenses in irregulars (clearly avoir will be one of them) and I won’t do anything for reading and listening. I guess there isn’t much you can do when you don’t know all the vocabulary yet.

Today was pretty productive. On Monday I have my English literature paper 1 and geography paper 1&2 exams, so I focused on English today.

English literature:Focused on finding quotes for as many themes as possible. I’m heavily relying on my innate ability to be able to put together a decent analysis in the exam hall. For now, I'll focus on the quotes.I’m a lot more confident on Macbeth as we did it a lot more recently and I'm just praying I can use my favourite quote, “look how our partner’s rapt”, even though I doubt they’ll ask about Banquo but who knows??
And, as for A Christmas Carol, well...
I’m sorry Dickens, you’re a sound lad, but A Christmas Carol has got to be one of the most bland things I've ever read in my life. I think it stems from the fact that we all knew the story before we read it, so there really weren’t any surprises when we plodded through the monotonous lists of unnecessary verbs to describe a certain miserable character. And there’s just nothing to talk about! Apart from the classic, “solitary as an oyster,” I just can’t find anything decent to really go to town with the analysis on. It probably doesn’t help that I only realised today that I've actually only read the book once, and that was a whole year ago, so I found an audiobook of it on youtube to put on while I was tidying my room. It was a really nice one read by Jim Dale which was a lot better than the slow American text-to-speech-converter ones I can only bare five minutes listening to. I mean, i’d much rather be listening to The National, but you gotta do what you gotta do to get that GCSE.

To anyone approaching or in the middle of the dreaded mock season, don't stress my friend. Well, maybe do stress, but not to the point of hurting yourself. Do your best, and you'll be fine, because that's all you can really do. The best of luck and at least they're only mocks! *she says to herself as she rocks back and forward at 4am on the morning of her first maths exam, muttering various equations to the wall*
Hey Meghan! I'm rooting for you man. You've done what you could, whether it was enough, well. If you yourself don't think it was, perfect. You know what you need to focus on for the real thing. Because guess what? THIS ISN'T THE REAL THING. Now, I know you already knew that but I feel it does help nonetheless :P
Best of luck with everything, I know English will be a breeze after that 9 :wink:

P.S. Have you ever thought about being an author? I feel you'd be excellent at writing comedy. Just an afterthought. Tis totally unrelated XD
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by AlbabA
Hey Meghan! I'm rooting for you man. You've done what you could, whether it was enough, well. If you yourself don't think it was, perfect. You know what you need to focus on for the [bold] real thing[\bold]. Because guess what? THIS ISN'T THE REAL THING. Now, I know you already knew that but I feel it does help nonetheless :P
Best of luck with everything, I know English will be a breeze after that 9 :wink:

P.S. Have you ever thought about being an author? I feel you'd be excellent at writing comedy. Just an afterthought. Tis totally unrelated XD

Haha, thank you, let's hope so:redface: Your mocks are a little later, aren't they, have you been revising or Doing A Meghan™? One of us needs to have it together:biggrin:

This made me smile because my biggest dream when I was younger was to become an author, although recently I've been trying to look for more 'realistic' careers. Alas, none of them seem to be for me.:redface: But thank you, that made my day:tongue:
Original post by troubletracking
Haha, thank you, let's hope so:redface: Your mocks are a little later, aren't they, have you been revising or Doing A Meghan™? One of us needs to have it together:biggrin:

This made me smile because my biggest dream when I was younger was to become an author, although recently I've been trying to look for more 'realistic' careers. Alas, none of them seem to be for me.:redface: But thank you, that made my day:tongue:

Yup, mine are in January but I have three on the first day back so. Uh. Super excited :/ I still need to get to revision soon though, homework just seems to always take up the weekend.

Now, 'realistic careers'. It sounds like you've already written yourself off. You've got to have more faith bud, especially if you feel that's your calling. I thought about it at one stage and thought it was too difficult, the same way some people may view it as too easy. If you don't feel that same attachment to any other career, I really think you should pursue it. See where it takes you. And if it doesn't work out, you've got everything to fall back on with that brain of yours. Especially at this age, you could write about a billion things that we can all relate to - this thread is evidence enough.

P. S. Jacqueline Wilson wrote her first book when she was 9 :P
Original post by AlbabA
Yup, mine are in January but I have three on the first day back so. Uh. Super excited :/ I still need to get to revision soon though, homework just seems to always take up the weekend.

Now, 'realistic careers'. It sounds like you've already written yourself off. You've got to have more faith bud, especially if you feel that's your calling. I thought about it at one stage and thought it was too difficult, the same way some people may view it as too easy. If you don't feel that same attachment to any other career, I really think you should pursue it. See where it takes you. And if it doesn't work out, you've got everything to fall back on with that brain of yours. Especially at this age, you could write about a billion things that we can all relate to - this thread is evidence enough.

P. S. Jacqueline Wilson wrote her first book when she was 9 :P

Ah, I wouldn't stress too much now, especially seeing as good homework can contribute towards revision. I'm sure you'll smash them:tongue:
Damn, you should become a public speaker or something cos that was inspirational. Doing a creative writing degree has always been in the back of my mind but, like you said, I've written myself off and tried to force myself to be a doctor because I thought I wasn't useful. But yeah, you're right, thank you. I never asked, do you have any plans for the future? A levels/ further education/ apprenticeships?
Ah, I wouldn't stress too much now, especially seeing as good homework can contribute towards revision. I'm sure you'll smash them:tongue:
Damn, you should become a public speaker or something cos that was inspirational. Doing a creative writing degree has always been in the back of my mind but, like you said, I've written myself off and tried to force myself to be a doctor because I thought I wasn't useful. But yeah, you're right, thank you. I never asked, do you have any plans for the future? A levels/ further education/ apprenticeships?

Ahah thank you:smile:

LOOL neverrrr, I can feel the anxiety from here😂
God as soon as my mum told me she wanted me to be a doctor, I was so firm in telling her that I would end up as an accidental serial killer :P Glad to hear it though, I'll be the first to buy your book:smile:

Ah yeah, I want to do a psychology degree and then go into business - use those human mind skills to market my products well. Like you, I've loved business ever since I was little - I used to sell chocolates and sweets on my desk and made a website advertising the shelf they were on😭 Everytime I thought of going into another field, the passion and drive just wasn't there. I guess that's how you know (watch how next year I'll want to be an aerospace engineer).
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by AlbabA
Ahah thank you:smile:

LOOL neverrrr, I can feel the anxiety from here😂
God as soon as my mum told me she wanted me to be a doctor, I was so firm in telling her that I would end up as an accidental serial killer :P Glad to hear it though, I'll be the first to buy your book:smile:

Ah yeah, I want to do a psychology degree and then go into business - use those human mind skills to market my products well. Like you, I've loved business ever since I was little - I used to sell chocolates and sweets on my desk and made a website advertising the shelf they were on😭 Everytime I thought of going into another field, the passion and drive just wasn't there. I guess that's how you know (watch how next year I'll want to be an aerospace engineer).

Ooh fancy, look at you Lord Sugar.:tongue: No really, that sounds so cool and I'm sure you'll get there!
Totally relate to the last bit lmao, I've had about four different career changes in the last month
Sorry for the late reply ahah, I've been so busy 'revising':colondollar:
Ooh fancy, look at you Lord Sugar.:tongue: No really, that sounds so cool and I'm sure you'll get there!
Totally relate to the last bit lmao, I've had about four different career changes in the last month
Sorry for the late reply ahah, I've been so busy 'revising':colondollar:

Thank you😂😂😂

Lol lol I figured, having an early night?
Original post by AlbabA
Thank you😂😂😂

Lol lol I figured, having an early night?

Oh, I wish. I've got an exam pencil case to find:redface:
Oh, I wish. I've got an exam pencil case to find:redface:

Bless, all the best for tomorrow and for the rest of 'em Miss Author:smile:)

Good night xx
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by AlbabA
Bless, all the best for tomorrow and for the rest of 'em Miss Author:smile:)

Good night xx

Ah, thank you, my friend, I'll sure as hell need it.
The same to you x
Monday, 27th November 2017
Tomorrow's mocks: Maths Paper 1, 08:45 (pray for me)

Side note: this post is HUGE. My apologies; I'm trying to do anything but maths right now.:colondollar:

Good evening.
You may have noticed that I don't normally update at this time, and you're right because right now I'm currently procrastinating revising for maths. I've accepted that there's no way I'll ever be able to revise 2 years worth of maths in three hours, and for the year ten mocks I just didn't bother, but I'm not letting myself think like that. If there's one thing I've learnt this year, it's that it's never too late. Whether it's the night before or the hour before, it's never too late to start.
And that, mes amis, is what you call a well executed segue. I set my alarm for 5am last night (desperation or determination? you decide) and it's safe to say that that didn't happen. It's not like I even woke up and thought "nah", it's more along the lines of I didn't wake up at all. My body subconsciously thought "nah" without bothering to wake my brain up because it knew it would also say "nah".
*sigh* We can't all be UnJadedJade, can we?

So, today's roundup. *cue 'woody's roundup' quietly playing in the distance*

English Literature:

Oh, sweet baby Jesus, this was not my finest hour.
The Macbeth question was about ambition which should have been straightforward, but I think we've all established by now that there's no such thing as the easy way round for Meghan, so I thought it would be a good idea to start rambling about Banquo and the origin of the word 'rapt' for a page (told you I'd get it in no matter what). I wrote four pages of utter tripe and half of it isn't even readable because once I enter Exam Writing Mode™, you might as well just accept defeat and hire a translator.
Oh, but it got worse.
All I wanted was a bit of Scrooge and isolation but, no, the ghost of GCSE present decided that poverty within the Cratchit family was meant to be and I was so far gone I probably could've written about the homosexual desire between Scrooge and Marley and gotten better marks. Desperate times struck: I was making up quotes here and twisting quotes I did know there and, God, it was a mess. You know when you get into an English Literature exam and things just aren't going your way so you think, 'right, it's time to enter BS Mode™'? Well, it was like that except there was no BS to BS about:redface: Surprisingly, I'm not too stressed about it because I'm hoping that paper 2, my stronger one, will at least scrape me a 7.

Geography:

At 1pm, after some really impromptu and rather panicked case study revision at lunch, I was back at it again. I've actually never done a real English lit exam in the sports hall before, so at 2 hours and 15 minutes, this was the longest exam I've ever done because it was both physical geography and human geography crammed into one (our teacher was only allowed to set two exams, so naturally, she just had to squeeze in all three). I don't want to jinx it, but it actually went alright. I know I've definitely messed up the last six markers because I started rambling on about fracking for one and talking about Chambamontera for another when that really wasn't what the question asked for. But, you know, I'm quite impressed at how much information I've remembered after only really going over case studies. Geography stays in my head so much better than history does, and I guess that's because I'm more likely to have a conversation about climate change with someone that I am about fricking Red Cloud's War. But don't even get me started on history because that's Thursday's problem.

Maths:

The big one. Or one third of it anyway. I want to go over as much of graphs I can and attempt a non-calculator past paper. Wish me luck.

A Pensive Ramble

I came to the realisation today that I've heavily normalised the concept of getting all A*s. I surround myself with revision YouTubers who got all A*s and people on TSR who did and who are working four hours a night and now, to me, it doesn't feel like a special achievement anymore. I'm not saying it's not, because it most certainly is, but if I wasn't so involved in the 'study community' then I'd think it was such a bigger deal. And I suppose that's really harmful in a way, because I guess I expect that of myself and high expectations can only lead to disappointment down the line. And it's not common, very few people get all A*s, and it doesn't' come easy, either. Obviously, now it's a hell of a lot harder to get a clean sweep of the highest grade, but sometimes you have to step back and realise that not every student is like those you find on TSR. Including me- I'm hardly your typical TSR student, but to my friends, I'm the hardest worker. I've got a friend who's only properly revised once in her life and that was for English Langage and she's smart as hell. I think I'm a failure this and a failure that just because I can't concentrate for three hours on end, but hey at least I've done something (she says, currently in bed when she should be revising maths). So, you know, if ever you feel like trash because you skipped a revision session, don't beat yourself up so much. If you think that, you obviously care. And if you care about your grades you're pretty much halfway there. (look at that poetry genius; I'm coming for you Carol Ann Duffy)

Okay, ramble over. I've also just realised I sound like I'm saying that education is the only pathway to success and if you're not academically talented then you're automatically a failure, which is not what I'm getting at. Please don't shoot me.
Right, I'm off to revise for maths. If you don't hear from me for a while, I'm either revising or dead. Either one is equally plausible.
(edited 6 years ago)
Monday, 27th November 2017
Tomorrow's mocks: Maths Paper 1, 08:45 (pray for me)

Side note: this post is HUGE. My apologies; I'm trying to do anything but maths right now.:colondollar:

Good evening.
You may have noticed that I don't normally update at this time, and you're right because right now I'm currently procrastinating revising for maths. I've accepted that there's no way I'll ever be able to revise 2 years worth of maths in three hours, and for the year ten mocks I just didn't bother, but I'm not letting myself think like that. If there's one thing I've learnt this year, it's that it's never too late. Whether it's the night before or the hour before, it's never too late to start.
And that, mes amis, is what you call a well executed segue. I set my alarm for 5am last night (desperation or determination? you decide) and it's safe to say that that didn't happen. It's not like I even woke up and thought "nah", it's more along the lines of I didn't wake up at all. My body subconsciously thought "nah" without bothering to wake my brain up because it knew it would also say "nah". *sigh* we can't all be UnJadedJade, can we?

So, today's roundup. *cue 'woody's roundup' quietly playing in the distance*

English Literature:

Oh, sweet baby Jesus, this was not my finest hour.
The Macbeth question was about ambition which should have been straightforward, but I think we've all established by now that there's no such thing as the easy way round for Meghan, so I thought it would be a good idea to start rambling about Banquo and the origin of the word 'rapt' for a page (told you I'd get it in no matter what). I wrote four pages off utter tripe and half of it isn't even readable because once I enter Exam Writing Mode™, you might as well just accept defeat and hire a translator.
Oh, but it got worse.
All I wanted was a bit of Scrooge and isolation but, no, the ghost of GCSE present decided that poverty within the Cratchit family was meant to be and I was so far gone I probably could've written about the homosexual desire between Scrooge and Marley and gotten better marks. Desperate times struck: I was making up quotes here and twisting quotes I did know there and, God, it was a mess. You know when you get into an English Literature exam and things just aren't going your way so you think, 'right, it's time to enter BS Mode™'? Well, it was like that except there was no BS to BS about:redface: Surprisingly, I'm not too stressed about it because I'm hoping that paper 2, my stronger one, will at least scrape me a 7.
Geography:

At 1pm, after some really impromptu and rather panicked case study revision at lunch, I was back at it again. I've actually never done a real English lit exam in the sports hall before, so at 2 hours and 15 minutes, this was the longest exam I've ever done because it was both physical geography and human geography crammed into one (our teacher was only allowed to set two exams, so naturally, she just had to squeeze in all three). I don't want to jinx it, but it actually went alright. I know I've definitely messed up the last six markers because I started rambling on about fracking for one and talking about Chambamontera for another when that really wasn't what the question asked for. But, you know, I'm quite impressed at how much information I've remembered after only really going over case studies. Geography stays in my head so much better than history does, and I guess that's because I'm more likely to have a conversation about climate change with someone that I am about fricking Red Cloud's War. But don't even get me started on history because that's Thursday's problem.
Maths:
The big one. Or one third of it anyway. I want to go over as much of graphs I can and attempt a non-calculator past paper. Wish me luck.

A Pensive Ramble

I came to the realisation today that I've heavily normalised the concept of getting all A*s. I surround myself with revision YouTubers who got all A*s and people on TSR who did and who are working four hours a night and now, to me, it doesn't feel like a special achievement anymore. I'm not saying it's not, because it most certainly is, but if I wasn't so involved in the 'study community' then I'd think it was such a bigger deal. And I suppose that's really harmful in a way, because I guess I expect that of myself and high expectations can only lead to disappointment down the line. And it's not common, very few people get all A*s, and it doesn't' come easy, either. Obviously, now it's a hell of a lot harder to get a clean sweep of the highest grade, but sometimes you have to step back and realise that not every student is like those you find on TSR. Including me- I'm hardly your typical TSR student, but to my friends, I'm the hardest worker. I've got a friend who's only properly revised once in her life and that was for English Langage and she's smart as hell. I think I'm a failure this and a failure that just because I can't concentrate for three hours on end, but hey at least I've done something (she says, currently in bed when she should be revising maths). So, you know, if ever you feel like trash because you skipped a revision session, don't beat yourself up so much. If you think that, you obviously care. And if you care about your grades you're pretty much halfway there. (look at that poetry genius; I'm coming for you Carol Ann Duffy)

Okay, ramble over. I've also just realised I sound like I'm saying that education is the only pathway to success and if you're not academically talented then you're automatically a failure, which is not what I'm getting at. Please don't shoot me.
Right, I'm off to revise for maths. If you don't hear from me for a while, I'm either revising or dead. Either one is equally plausible.

Don’t worry I won’t shoot.

You keep going my dude. You can do it!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Original post by JedEmily
Don’t worry I won’t shoot.

You keep going my dude. You can do it!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Much appreciated, thank you:biggrin:

WHooo yeah let's sMASH THESE MOCKS!!
:happy2:

Quick Reply

Latest