The Student Room Group

GRAPHIC DESIGN - What unis are the best?

Currently, I'm looking to apply for; UAL, University of Brighton, University of Portsmouth, and Kingston University. I've only been to open days for Brighton and Portsmouth as they are my top two, but after looking at forums on here lots of people have been recommending De Montfort.

My question is what universities have good standards, high employ rate after uni and work outcome similar to Brighton and Portsmouth?

Or any other good uni recommendations for graphic design.
I’m looking to do Graphic design as well.
Original post by abbynub
Currently, I'm looking to apply for; UAL, University of Brighton, University of Portsmouth, and Kingston University. I've only been to open days for Brighton and Portsmouth as they are my top two, but after looking at forums on here lots of people have been recommending De Montfort.

My question is what universities have good standards, high employ rate after uni and work outcome similar to Brighton and Portsmouth?

Hey Abby,

The University of Hertfordshire was in the top 10 for design courses in the 2017 Guardian league tables :smile:

95.3% of our graduates were in employment or further education within 6 months of graduating (DLHE, 2015/16), and we do live projects with prestigious brands such as Prada and Yale School of Management. (Find out more here: http://www.herts.ac.uk/about-us/news/2017/february/design-students-in-live-workshop-with-yale-school-of-management2)

We have our own in-house design agency which links students to professional businesses to gather work experience whilst studying, and our facilities are state-of-the-art, equipped with industry-standard software.

Graphic Design and Illustration at Herts is a very strong programme, with worldwide connections, an excellent track record of employment, and many opportunities for our students to engage with the industry while studying. Here's a video with one of our graduates, Ryan, who explains his experience studying with us: https://vimeo.com/199165905

Hope this helps!

Feel free to ask me any questions you might have :smile:

Thanks,

Rhianna

School of Creative Arts
University of Hertfordshire
Reply 3
Original post by University of Hertfordshire
Hey Abby,

The University of Hertfordshire was in the top 10 for design courses in the 2017 Guardian league tables :smile:

95.3% of our graduates were in employment or further education within 6 months of graduating (DLHE, 2015/16), and we do live projects with prestigious brands such as Prada and Yale School of Management. (Find out more here: http://www.herts.ac.uk/about-us/news/2017/february/design-students-in-live-workshop-with-yale-school-of-management2)

We have our own in-house design agency which links students to professional businesses to gather work experience whilst studying, and our facilities are state-of-the-art, equipped with industry-standard software.

Graphic Design and Illustration at Herts is a very strong programme, with worldwide connections, an excellent track record of employment, and many opportunities for our students to engage with the industry while studying. Here's a video with one of our graduates, Ryan, who explains his experience studying with us: https://vimeo.com/199165905

Hope this helps!

Feel free to ask me any questions you might have :smile:

Thanks,

Rhianna

School of Creative Arts
University of Hertfordshire

Ill be sure to check out the uni and go to an open day! Thank youu
Original post by abbynub

Hey abbynub,

Hope your having a great Tuesday!

Have you had a look at Ravensbourne? Were located in North Greenwich (opposite the O2 Arena).Were driven by industry standards and supported by the latest high-performance technology, in addition to producing highly employable and enterprising graduates. We have a strong track record in graduate employability and business creation. We have a community of approximately 2,400 students and offer practically focused digital media and design courses.

We offer a BA Graphic Design course and have an employment rate of 90% after graduation. I'm not sure how the courses are at Portsmouth and Brighton so I'm not sure on the work they produce; however I know the course at Ravensbourne is very experimental and hands on and there are a lot of workshops that they have providing you with a variety of different skills you can use and put into practice.

I would also say if you want to check out the work that has been produced why not come to an open day and have a look first hand at the work that our students produce; however, if you can not attend any of the open days I would say have a look at the website and the information under BA Graphics 'what the course structure is like' to gain a deeper insight into the course and potentially having a look at a few examples of the work we produce as well for this course.

I hope this has helped a little bit and wish you all the best in your search for the right uni.

Daniella🙂
University of the Creative Arts (UCA) are good for graphic design!
Reply 6
I reckon University of Bournemouth ain't too bad for that also
Original post by D.Va
I reckon University of Bournemouth ain't too bad for that also

Bournemouth university doesn’t offer graphic design. You might mean the Arts University Bournemouth?
Reply 8
Original post by PQ
Bournemouth university doesn’t offer graphic design. You might mean the Arts University Bournemouth?

My bad, thats what I meant
Reply 9
Kingston is really good, I recommend going to the open day
the university of life
Anymore recommendations? I'm preparing my application. My choices so far are Nottingham Trent, Lincoln, Loughborough or Arts university Bournemouth. The requirements for AUB and Loughborough are bit higher than others and I don't think I'll be getting those grades.(ABB) I'll be applying to some art foundation aswell.
One more question, for an art and design course , is the portfolio more important than the personal statement?
Reply 13
Hey, I’m taking a portfolio but I think it’s about what you say in interview. The northern school
Of art for graphics is my first choice! U get a Mac and studio when I went to the open day.

Quick Reply

Latest