The Student Room Group

Pre-U History HELP

I'm doing Pre-U History and was just wondering if anyone has any resources on Paper 3 Sections 5 and 6 (US history from Wilson to Nixon). My teacher is useless; our lessons consist of him reading out from Wikipedia... we also have no textbook. If anyone has any notes on this period (even if they are A-level rather than Pre-U) or knows of any good textbooks/books would be beyond grateful if they could share them :smile:
Original post by pasop
I'm doing Pre-U History and was just wondering if anyone has any resources on Paper 3 Sections 5 and 6 (US history from Wilson to Nixon). My teacher is useless; our lessons consist of him reading out from Wikipedia... we also have no textbook. If anyone has any notes on this period (even if they are A-level rather than Pre-U) or knows of any good textbooks/books would be beyond grateful if they could share them :smile:

Look at your pre u spec and just compare it with a similar A level then buy the textbook. The history will be the same for you to make good notes frm and then you can adapt to pre U. If you have no money just buy 2nd hand and older edition for pennies from Amazon. Once you get comfy with the spec then you will know what you need info on.
Give me Liberty is really good by Eric Foner, but F me, that book is HUGE.

Our school gave it to us for free for the PRE-U course, but you'll have to pay 30-70 pounds if you want to buy it.
Reply 3
Original post by HighOnGoofballs
Give me Liberty is really good by Eric Foner, but F me, that book is HUGE.

Our school gave it to us for free for the PRE-U course, but you'll have to pay 30-70 pounds if you want to buy it.

Amazing thanks so much! Had a quick look on Amazon and there seems to be loads of volumes/editions but I can't look inside them to see what material is covered - which one would you recommend?
wowee i'm in exactly the same predicament - what a coincidence ! :redface:
Reply 5
Original post by trotsky1917
wowee i'm in exactly the same predicament - what a coincidence ! :redface:

Oh my goodness me too! There must be an abundance of incompetent pre-U history teachers! I wish you both the best of luck in your further studies, hopefully you will fine a textbook to aid you. :redface: xoxo
Original post by emjol1
Oh my goodness me too! There must be an abundance of incompetent pre-U history teachers! I wish you both the best of luck in your further studies, hopefully you will fine a textbook to aid you. :redface: xoxo

dearest emjol,
i'm afraid that the point of pre-u is that there is no textbook! What is a young fair maiden to do in such a conundrum?!???
lol,
trotsky xoxo
Reply 7
Original post by trotsky1917
dearest emjol,
i'm afraid that the point of pre-u is that there is no textbook! What is a young fair maiden to do in such a conundrum?!???
lol,
trotsky xoxo

Oh dear Trotsky, alas you are correct! I guess we will never be able to find the Truth, thus we must hope for eventual salvation by our heavenly Father. I wish you the best of luck in your search for enlightenment, please keep me updated in your quest.
lol,
xoxo

Quick Reply

Latest