The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

How long have you waited for an offer from university of Edinburgh?

Could you also add the course you have applied for?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
applied for linguistics in december, received my offer late march- on the way back fro the manchester interview actually.
got the grades and am now studying at Edinburgh!
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 2
Last year I applied for Infectious diseases in September 2017 and didn’t get an offer until March 2018!
Hey guys, I created a Facebook group for offer holders and applicants so if you're interested PM me :smile:
I'm an international applicant, applied on 11th October and received an offer for CompSci on 8th Nov (UK time). Was pleasantly surprised tbh.
Reply 5
Original post by AndyLai9879
I'm an international applicant, applied on 11th October and received an offer for CompSci on 8th Nov (UK time). Was pleasantly surprised tbh.

What was your offer, if you don't mind me asking? I've completed my A-Levels with A*AA and applied for Comp Sci as well on the 16th of October. I haven't heard back from them yet.
Original post by srp_976
What was your offer, if you don't mind me asking? I've completed my A-Levels with A*AA and applied for Comp Sci as well on the 16th of October. I haven't heard back from them yet.

AAA including Maths in one sitting. Good luck though! :smile:
Reply 7
AAA including Maths in one sitting. Good luck though! :smile:

Thanks! I just got an unconditional offer today (29th of November) for BSc. Computer Science. Good Luck with your offer!
Original post by srp_976
Thanks! I just got an unconditional offer today (29th of November) for BSc. Computer Science. Good Luck with your offer!

Congratulations! It's your firm choice?
Reply 9
Congratulations! It's your firm choice?

Well, I've applied to UCL as well so I'm waiting for their reply. The course at UCL is shorter but I've heard it's more renown at Edinburgh.
Original post by srp_976
Well, I've applied to UCL as well so I'm waiting for their reply. The course at UCL is shorter but I've heard it's more renown at Edinburgh.

O lol i applied to UCL as well! Also waiting. Though I heard the opposite 🤔 Not sure if I should trust too much on rankings, but most of the them puts Edinburgh higher up than UCL for CompSci
Reply 11
O lol i applied to UCL as well! Also waiting. Though I heard the opposite 🤔 Not sure if I should trust too much on rankings, but most of the them puts Edinburgh higher up than UCL for CompSci

The course is a year shorter at UCL as well. I'm not sure if that makes it any better, but it is something to consider.
Original post by srp_976
The course is a year shorter at UCL as well. I'm not sure if that makes it any better, but it is something to consider.

True, but I guess I have some time to contemplate on that hahaha. All the best for your other universities though!
Reply 13
True, but I guess I have some time to contemplate on that hahaha. All the best for your other universities though!

Thanks! Right back at you!
I applied on 11th November...
How long do you think I should wait?
I'm an international applicant :smile:
im a gap year applicant - international.
I applied on 17 Oct and got an unconditional offer on 8 Nov..Edinburgh is the only university I have heard back from till now...I hate the waiting...
Oh I applied for art history
Reply 16
Hi guys, I applied for Law on 14th Nov and got the offer on 17th Nov. :smile:
Reply 17
Today officially marks one month since I applied to Edinburgh for Politics! Heard nothing back yet, which is a bit discouraging as I've seen others receive offers this week.
Original post by vanessa_james
I applied on 11th November...
How long do you think I should wait?
I'm an international applicant :smile:

I heard Edinburgh usually replies pretty late. But I'm an international applicant too, and I received a conditional offer on 14th November after applying on 23rd October, so the wait wasn't long. But it can depend, really. So don't worry! I hope you get an offer soon, though! :smile:
Original post by AnnSwift
I heard Edinburgh usually replies pretty late. But I'm an international applicant too, and I received a conditional offer on 14th November after applying on 23rd October, so the wait wasn't long. But it can depend, really. So don't worry! I hope you get an offer soon, though! :smile:

Thank you :smile: I hope so too..
Congrats on your offer 😆
There is this Edinburgh group of applicants, pm me if you're interested. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending