The Student Room Group

2018 Veterinary applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lucia12
I was in that slot as well so well done 🎉🎉🎉

And I haven't had the Bristol work experience form

omg i sat next to you in the presentation!! you take latin right?
Original post by Tillyb99
Haha don’t worry, it wasn’t an error. I got an offer too this afternoon 😊

Congratulations man!!!! So relieved to hear someone else got one!! ❤️
Original post by redonks
omg i sat next to you in the presentation!! you take latin right?

Omg yes!!!😃😃
Original post by Lucia12
Omg yes!!!😃😃

That's so cool! I would've loved to do Latin, I've ended up doing ancient history which quite often ends up being translate this passage from Greek/Latin/Persian but still, Latin would be great
Original post by Little Tail Chaser
I was wondering when this thread would arrive, welcome :h:

I'm a first year at the RVC now so feel free to shoot me any questions about applying/vet school in general. :smile:

Hi, I’m really wanting to go to RVC and I was hoping if you answer some questions for me :smile:

I’m 22 years old and doing a Level 3 BTEC Applied Science course, is there age restrictions?
Also what is vet school like? :smile:
Original post by luberry
That's so cool! I would've loved to do Latin, I've ended up doing ancient history which quite often ends up being translate this passage from Greek/Latin/Persian but still, Latin would be great

I did that at gcse but chose the language instead of the history. Loved the ancient battles though, especially Thermopylae, and not that weird movie version 😂😂
Original post by Lucia12
I did that at gcse but chose the language instead of the history. Loved the ancient battles though, especially Thermopylae, and not that weird movie version 😂😂

Ooh okay, and yeah the 300 is not great 😂 our teacher made us sit through it last year and count the historical inaccuracies, but leonidas and gorgo are the best
Original post by ImiT
Is anyone else still waiting for the Bristol questionaire??

Me, I haven't had it yet!
Original post by r33ves1986
Me, I haven't had it yet!

me neither! starting to think I should maybe contact them and make sure there hasn't been an admin error of some kind!
Original post by Canine Copycat
me neither! starting to think I should maybe contact them and make sure there hasn't been an admin error of some kind!

I thought it was alphabetical, but i'm sure R must've been sent out by now. So i've come to the conclusion that I haven't been successful at Bristol and will try and stay hopeful for my other choices :biggrin:
Original post by r33ves1986
I thought it was alphabetical, but i'm sure R must've been sent out by now. So i've come to the conclusion that I haven't been successful at Bristol and will try and stay hopeful for my other choices :biggrin:

well I'm c so definitely should have heard something if that was the case! I have heard something about having 3 categories...one that have offers/questionnaires (can't remember!) one that are being/have been rejected and one that they're waiting on so there is always the chance that they are waiting for some of us!?

save the best till last! :wink:
Original post by brrrigid
I’m so surprised because I was expecting to be put on the waiting list....shout out to the girl with the pet Dalmatian who gave me a sip of water before we went in, that literally saved me (I felt so lightheaded and nervous hahaha)

Congratulations!!! :smile: I'm happy that my water helped you out, but I'm sure you didn't need it :wink:
Original post by Charlot99
Congratulations!!! :smile: I'm happy that my water helped you out, but I'm sure you didn't need it :wink:

It really did help, my brain felt like a cloud I was that nervous! Thankyou so much ❤️😅
Original post by Canine Copycat
well I'm c so definitely should have heard something if that was the case! I have heard something about having 3 categories...one that have offers/questionnaires (can't remember!) one that are being/have been rejected and one that they're waiting on so there is always the chance that they are waiting for some of us!?

save the best till last! :wink:

Haha! I'm happy with the category! Do you know of anyone who has already received rejections from there prior to receiving the form?

Good luck with your other choices, who knows Bristol might miss out on two good candidates if they make us wait much longer haha!
Original post by Erica Cook
I had mine today... how do you think it went?

Mine is tomorrow im so nervous
Has anyone heard from rvc today?
Original post by Svv5500

Nope, getting worried.
Original post by VictiniCup
Nope, getting worried.

Starting to feel like it will never come, I just want to know either way!!
Original post by Svv5500
Starting to feel like it will never come, I just want to know either way!!

They seem to be replying quite late to everyone, so I'm just trying not to worry too much at the moment :smile:
Original post by Svv5500

From what I remember they tend to send the invites in the evening, 5-6pm

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending