The Student Room Group

2018 Veterinary applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by brrrigid
Surrey just sent me a conditional offer????? Oh my god I hope it’s not in error!!!
Two As and a B

Delighted for you @brrrigid!:elefant:

Hopefully we'll be seeing you at Surrey next September :biggrin:

All the best,
Ashley
Original post by Tillyb99
Haha don’t worry, it wasn’t an error. I got an offer too this afternoon 😊

Yayyyy congrats @Tillyb99! You smashed it:kungfu:

All the best,
Ashley
Original post by University of Surrey
Yayyyy congrats @Tillyb99! You smashed it:kungfu:

All the best,
Ashley

Hi Ashley

do you know if any more early surrey offers will be coming out soon or if they are now waiting until the next interviews?

Thanks
Abbie
Oh gosh... I did awful at my Surrey interview....:frown:
Fingers crossed I get an interview.
My surrey application online no longer has an event page and does not show my supporting evidence anymore. Has this happened to anyone else or does anyone know what this means?
Original post by JosephineOK
My surrey application online no longer has an event page and does not show my supporting evidence anymore. Has this happened to anyone else or does anyone know what this means?

Yeah mine too
Original post by AbbieJade1994
Hi Ashley

do you know if any more early surrey offers will be coming out soon or if they are now waiting until the next interviews?

Thanks
Abbie

Hi @AbbieJade1994,

Really sorry but I'm not sure if there will be any more offers coming out before the next round of interviews. I work with the Digital team rather than Admissions, so I'm not privy to that info. However, if you email the Admissions team then they should be able to tell you. Their email is [email protected] :smile:

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!! :crossedf:

All the best,
Ashley
Original post by BrandonAzevedo
Yeah mine too

Have you had an invite for interview?
Have you had an invite for interview?

No, I haven't heard anything back from them yet :frown:
Original post by BrandonAzevedo
No, I haven't heard anything back from them yet :frown:

Same

Working fine for me, but I still haven't heard anything from them
Original post by sophielophie
Oh gosh... I did awful at my Surrey interview....:frown:

Aww @sophielophie I'm sure it wasn't as bad as you think it was! Just try to think positive and take what you've learned from your Surrey interview to your next interviews. Every interview is a learning experience! :smile:

All the best,
Ashley
Hi @AbbieJade1994,

Really sorry but I'm not sure if there will be any more offers coming out before the next round of interviews. I work with the Digital team rather than Admissions, so I'm not privy to that info. However, if you email the Admissions team then they should be able to tell you. Their email is [email protected] :smile:

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!! :crossedf:

All the best,
Ashley

Thanks so much for your quick reply! I know I am probably just worrying (like most people on here). and I understand the admissions team has loads of interview application stuff to get through. it's just hard when you've done your interview and you hear people getting offers so soon - it gives you hope you may hear something soon too - even though it could be months yet! 😂😭
Aww @sophielophie I'm sure it wasn't as bad as you think it was! Just try to think positive and take what you've learned from your Surrey interview to your next interviews. Every interview is a learning experience! :smile:

All the best,
Ashley

Hello Ashley,

I was wondering when will the next interviews take place? I still haven't heard from Surrey after submitting my work experience form.. Should I be concerned?

Hey @JosephineOK,

This might be worth flagging with the Admissions team ([email protected]) in case it's a technical fault on the site :smile: But it probably doesn't mean anything other than there's been a glitch, so try not to read into it too much!

All the best,
Ashley
Original post by AbbieJade1994
Thanks so much for your quick reply! I know I am probably just worrying (like most people on here). and I understand the admissions team has loads of interview application stuff to get through. it's just hard when you've done your interview and you hear people getting offers so soon - it gives you hope you may hear something soon too - even though it could be months yet! 😂😭

No probs @AbbieJade1994, I know exactly how you feel! This was literally me 5 years ago haha. But thank you for taking the fact that the team have loads of applications to get through into consideration - it just takes them a while to process everything. I'm sure they won't mind if you send them an email asking what the timeframe on receiving offers after the interview is :smile: Good luck!!

-Ash
Original post by paurok89
Hello Ashley,

I was wondering when will the next interviews take place? I still haven't heard from Surrey after submitting my work experience form.. Should I be concerned?

Hi @paurok89,

Unfortunately I'm not aware of the interview dates as I don't work in the Admissions team (I work in Digital), but I'm sure if you emailed Admissions they would be happy to tell you when the interviews are scheduled for. Keep in mind that you will have to book your own interview timeslot on the 'Event' tab on your Surrey Self Service portal when the option becomes available. It might be worth checking that regularly to make sure you don't miss it (though I think the Admissions team normally sends you an email to say you've been invited to interview as well).

Best of luck!! :smile:
-Ashley
Original post by paurok89
Hello Ashley,

The interview dates are on the website.
https://www.surrey.ac.uk/undergraduate/veterinary-medicine-and-science

Interviews will be held on the following dates:

Saturday 25 November 2017

Saturday 2 December 2017

Wednesday 10 January 2018

Thursday 11 January 2018

Friday 12 January 2018

Original post by sophielophie
The interview dates are on the website.
https://www.surrey.ac.uk/undergraduate/veterinary-medicine-and-science

Interviews will be held on the following dates: