The Student Room Group
Students relaxing
University of Derby
Derby
Visit website

University of Derby-September 2018 Entry

Hi, haven't seen a thread for people planning to study at the University of Derby in September 2018 so I thought I would start one. I have 3 conditional offers for Derby and plan to make Writing and Publishing as my firm choice and Creative and Professional Writing as my insurance choice.

What about anyone else?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Well done you! I've got an interview on the 14th December to study Occupational Therapy. 👍
Students relaxing
University of Derby
Derby
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by JayneLG
Well done you! I've got an interview on the 14th December to study Occupational Therapy. 👍

Thanks, good luck to you, I'm sure it'll go well! :smile: Are you planning on staying in halls?
I am just about to apply for American Studies and History.
Reply 4
Original post by Olivia8642
Thanks, good luck to you, I'm sure it'll go well! :smile: Are you planning on staying in halls?

Thanks! 😊 Nooo, I live like 20 mins away and will be commuting. I'm a mature student with young kids. It's gonna be fun! 😂 Are you staying in halls?
Reply 5
Original post by JayneLG
Thanks! 😊 Nooo, I live like 20 mins away and will be commuting. I'm a mature student with young kids. It's gonna be fun! 😂 Are you staying in halls?

Yeah, planning on Sir Peter Hilton Court, even though I live 30 minutes away by train, I feel it would be easier to just move, and I want to move out anyway. :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by Olivia8642
Yeah, planning on Sir Peter Hilton Court, even though I live 30 minutes away by train, I feel it would be easier to just move, and I want to move out anyway. :smile:

Brilliant! All the very best then!! 😁
I've got an unconditional for law if I make them my firm choice
Original post by emmamariekitty
I've got an unconditional for law if I make them my firm choice

Did they send you a letter in the post saying that?
Original post by Gracieee123
Did they send you a letter in the post saying that?

It's on track Screenshot 2017-12-14 at 21.07.11.png

I did get a letter but I can't remember if the offer was actually on there or if it was just information about applicant days
Reply 10
Hello again! I got a place at Derby so I'll definitely be there in September studying Occupational Therapy. 😁
Reply 11
Original post by JayneLG

I’m studying the same course at Derby uni! I’m a first year😊 hope your interview went well
Reply 12
I've been accepted to study lights, sound and live event tech. So excited. Already sorted out to stay at st christophers court. yay!
I've just put Derby as my firm choice to study Child and Youth studies ☺️
Hi, I have 2 conditional offers from Derby for Writing and Publishing and Joint Honors in Journalism and Publishing. I'm going to the applicant day to find out more about Writing and Publishing, as well as the accommodation.
Reply 15
Original post by __annie
I’m studying the same course at Derby uni! I’m a first year😊 hope your interview went well

Hi Annie. Yes it went really well, thank you! I accepted my offer before xmas. So excited! 😁
I’ve firmed derby to study journalism.🙋*♀️booked accommodation at agard court if anyone else has?
Reply 17
Hi I got an offer in Forensic science with criminology but I'm unsure of which uni to go to at the moment. The other offer was Northumbria univerity, forensic science and criminology. I live in Newcastle so it would be simple to go to Northumbria but I want to move out. I'm still not sure really but I'm leaning towards Derby.
Reply 18
Original post by Charlottegrace15
Hi, I have 2 conditional offers from Derby for Writing and Publishing and Joint Honors in Journalism and Publishing. I'm going to the applicant day to find out more about Writing and Publishing, as well as the accommodation.

Hi, I'm so happy to find someone else who has applied for Writing and Publishing as I thought I was the only one :smile:, I've placed it as my firm choice. Which applicant day are you going to? I might see you there.
Reply 19
Just thought I would tell people on here that there is now a facebook group called University of Derby Applicants 2018 that you can join to find other people on your course, as well as, a facebook messenger group chat you can be added to using the facebook group.

Quick Reply

Latest