The Student Room Group

2018 Veterinary applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by VictiniCup
When did you send your form off?

For RVC? Um literally just before 15th of October I think, although my UCAS went off on the 9th. Not 100% sure
Original post by tobevetfirmed
Has anyone else still not received the Bristol Work Experience Questionaire??

Also good luck to everyone with interviews coming up! I know I’m stressed out about them haha

I still havent, might email them but I don't want to be pushy.

And I still haven't heard from RVC or Nottingham
Original post by Foxxx_23
So happy - received an offer from Surrey yesterday!
Have many people not heard from RVC at all?:redface:

I still haven’t heard from RVC :frown:
Reply 1783
Anyone heard from Bristol recently? Seems a while since they sent out the first batch of offers!
Original post by Lucia12
I still havent, might email them but I don't want to be pushy.

And I still haven't heard from RVC or Nottingham

Likewise, not heard from any of the above and don't think I did as well as I would like during my Liverpool interview. So time to get nervous!
Original post by r33ves1986
Likewise, not heard from any of the above and don't think I did as well as I would like during my Liverpool interview. So time to get nervous!

I'm just trying to focus on alevels, it seems to be a decent distraction 😔
Original post by Lucia12
I'm just trying to focus on alevels, it seems to be a decent distraction 😔

Good plan, how did you get on at Surrey?
Original post by r33ves1986
Good plan, how did you get on at Surrey?

I think it went ok,Ik I messed up one station but Ik one of the other ones went really well. And I was hopeful until I realised that about 120 people were interviewed on that day, and there's five interview dates. 😰😰😰😰😰
Original post by Lucia12
I think it went ok,Ik I messed up one station but Ik one of the other ones went really well. And I was hopeful until I realised that about 120 people were interviewed on that day, and there's five interview dates. 😰😰😰😰😰

Yeah I worked out that about 700 people will probably be interviewed in total and I think there’s about 130 places on the course so they’ll probably offer to about 300 so there’s just under a 50:50 chance of getting an offer 😊
People who haven't yet heard from Surrey post-interview don't worry! I waited just under 2 weeks or so before I heard back after my interview :smile:
Original post by LV99
Anyone heard from Bristol recently? Seems a while since they sent out the first batch of offers!

I still haven’t had the questionnaire from Bristol 😬😬
Original post by tobevetfirmed
Has anyone else still not received the Bristol Work Experience Questionaire??

Also good luck to everyone with interviews coming up! I know I’m stressed out about them haha

Me!! I keep having waves of panic that I’ve missed an email or something!! 😬😨
Original post by Shadow478
Me!! I keep having waves of panic that I’ve missed an email or something!! 😬😨

I got mine on a Friday evening, so that might be when they send them?
Hi, I have an interview at Liverpool next Wednesday on the 6th. Does anyone have any advice who have already completed their interview this year. My school are extremely unhelpful when I've asked for help so any advice would be much appreciated. Also I haven't yet heard back from Nottingham or RVC, does anyone know if they've stopped giving out interviews?Thankyou!!!
Original post by mollyo123
Hi, I have an interview at Liverpool next Wednesday on the 6th. Does anyone have any advice who have already completed their interview this year. My school are extremely unhelpful when I've asked for help so any advice would be much appreciated. Also I haven't yet heard back from Nottingham or RVC, does anyone know if they've stopped giving out interviews?Thankyou!!!

RVC are definitely still giving out interviews, I received mine yesterday. Nottingham are later, as their interviews are in January, and said they'll let people by 8th of December.
Bristol Apps! :biggrin:

Some info for you:

- Remember: for the first time, Bristol is not interviewing this year, so we are of course taking more time to ensure applications are properly assessed including spot checks on work experience placements and gathering further info on qualifications where necessary; all of this takes time.

- You should all have received an initial acknowledgement following submission of your app, if this isn't the case, please email [email protected] as soon as possible.

- WEPAPA forms continue to be sent out daily. Apps are being scored and WEPAPA sent out in date order from when your app was received.

- If you haven't had your WEPAPA yet, don't panic! The admissions cycle runs until March 2018.

- Some people have been made offers and for those of you who haven't had the WEPAPA form yet, this will not affect your chances of being made an offer because that's not how the WEPAPA scoring/offer system works.

- If you think you should have received your WEPAPA by now, please log in to your VIP page and check if it's there - we have had a technical problem recently with Hobsons, which resulted in some people not being notified that the form had been sent.

- Ideally, all WEPAPA will be sent out before Christmas, but this may not be possible for all apps for a variety of reasons.

- Overseas apps are still being interviewed this year and therefore has taken priority so people can be invited to interview. Same goes for the Vet Nursing courses.

- If you have any concerns about the progress of your app, please email [email protected] they are happy to answer your queries.

- Finally, I know it's asking the impossible, but please try not to worry if you haven't had the WEPAPA/an offer yet; every year there is waiting involved and it's not enjoyable for anyone, but it is just part of applying for vet school. :rolleyes:
Original post by mollyo123

I had my interview at liverpool yesterday! Its quite intimidating but all i can say is keep calm and just think through it
The acknowledgement email for rvc said they'd tell us in 4-6 weeks. The end is this Friday
Just got an invitation to interview from Surrey!!!
Original post by Lucia12
The acknowledgement email for rvc said they'd tell us in 4-6 weeks. The end is this Friday

Sorry to disappoint but my acknowledgment is 10/10 - over 7 weeks and counting!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending