The Student Room Group

Studying Dentistry in Universidad Europea de Madrid (UEM)

Hi guys im a UK graduate looking to study Dentistry at UEM this year. Has anyone else studied there who could describe their experiences so far?

Im also considering trying to join in the second year and would really appreciate it if someone who has done the same could detail how the process works.

Thanks in advance!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi, I am looking to do the same thing, but I am graduating this year. If you phone up their admissions office, they can give you some information regarding the application. They gave me information on trying to transfer into the second year, and who to contact regarding this.

Original post by glb95
Hi guys im a UK graduate looking to study Dentistry at UEM this year. Has anyone else studied there who could describe their experiences so far?

Im also considering trying to join in the second year and would really appreciate it if someone who has done the same could detail how the process works.

Thanks in advance!
Reply 2
HI :smile: I am also studying Dentistry at UEM starting in Sept 2016. I am a graduate too (my first degree was in Biomedical Sciences) and I asked my interviewer whether I would be able to join in the second year but I was told my modules and credits weren't closely matched enough and so I had to start from first year.

Were you guys successful with requesting to start in second year?

Also, have you sorted out your accommodation? I'm find this really difficult as there really isn't much available online.

Do you know the best way to tackle it?

Thank you in advance :smile:
Reply 3
Hi,

Im doing a Biomedical Science degree too and am in my final year. Ive just found out that I have an offer to start in second year as they said most of my modules were recognised.

I havent even begun to look at accommodation. Im going to the open day this week though. Have you visited the uni before?
Hey have all you guys confirmed your places yet?
Reply 5
Hi guys im also offered a place in second year to transfer but i was doing dentistry in dubai until i found out this wasnt recognised in uk and would have to do some pleb test . ive just finished second year here of BDS same degree(so technically going back a year due to some modules). im concerned for the learning spanish aspect, the accommodation and whether or not i should insist on a transfer to third year please do advise..... also is there any tests for tranfer student
thanks pls reply asap
I'm going to Valencia is anyone elsw

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MoniqueTangerine
I'm possibly going to study dentistry at Valencia as well :smile:

I might be going this year what about you? If you are dm me I literally don't know anyone who's going this year

Posted from TSR Mobile
Im thinking about studying at Valencia this year as well
Reply 9
Hello, I’m from Switzerland and next year I’ll be studying Psychology at the Universidad Europea de Madrid.
Would any of the current students at this Uni like to share their experience please? Or anybody else here will be starting in 2018?
Hi guys,

I am currently applying for Universidad Europea de Valencia and will have to take the test psicotecnico and the english test.
Can anyone that took those before tell me a bit more about what it is and how I could prepare?

very much appreciated,thanks
Original post by Alexis D
Hi guys,

I am currently applying for Universidad Europea de Valencia and will have to take the test psicotecnico and the english test.
Can anyone that took those before tell me a bit more about what it is and how I could prepare?

very much appreciated,thanks

Hey! I took the test with Universidad Europea de Madrid, and they are just multiple choice questions you can't really study for them. The psychometric test is about you and how you behave in situations so it all depends on your character as a person. For the English test you have the listening and reading and it took me about 45 minutes
Reply 12
Original post by MAPU2008
Hello, I’m from Switzerland and next year I’ll be studying Psychology at the Universidad Europea de Madrid.
Would any of the current students at this Uni like to share their experience please? Or anybody else here will be starting in 2018?

Hello,
i am starting in 2018
Hi, I noticed that the dentistry degree at UEM is "MECES level 2" whereas in most other universities in Spain is "MECES level 3"
Anyone know if this is an impediment to start working immediately after graduating and if additional exams will be needed?
Thanks!
(edited 5 years ago)
Hi,
That’s awesome!
What will you be studying?
My family and I just got relocated to Spain so we are based outside Alicante and will be either driving or taking the fast train to Madrid on weekly basis.
If I can help you with anything or if you would like to meet up before September just let me know. Happy to have a familiar face at Uni 😊

Original post by SSHHAN
Hello,
i am starting in 2018
Reply 15
Hi, I am studying at UEM and am currently in my 3rd year dentistry, I am looking for someone to share my flat with me. If you or anyone you know is looking for a place please let me know. I live in the centre of villaviciosa de odon. Looking for someone who is easy-going, relaxed, doesn't smoke, thanks xxx
Original post by MAPU2008
Hi,
That’s awesome!
What will you be studying?
My family and I just got relocated to Spain so we are based outside Alicante and will be either driving or taking the fast train to Madrid on weekly basis.
If I can help you with anything or if you would like to meet up before September just let me know. Happy to have a familiar face at Uni 😊

Hey! That would be amazing! Private message me and I’ll give you my number
This is my new account as I lost my other one
Reply 17
Hi guys! I am interested in studying here too, is it hard to be accepted? In other words, is there big competition?
Reply 18
I was accepted in the 5 year program at UCV Dentistry in Valencia. Is anyone else going to start at UVC September 2019?
Reply 19
Hey I’m considering of applying to Valencia, but I’m just unsure how I would be able to afford the tuition fees etc without a student loan. Also, does anyone who goes there have any info about the social life and the course structure.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending