The Student Room Group

NHS Graduate Management Training Scheme 2018

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Hollys955
I did the tests this evening. I found that the verbal reasoning was super short with only maybe 5 questions. Did anyone else experience anything similar? Also does anyone know if the tests are a general cut off or if they consider degrees / experiences etc. as well? Thank you!

They were all very short for me. I'm confident that I answered every single numerical and abstract reasoning correctly. I had just 5 questions for each.
Reply 61
Original post by Haviland-Tuf
They were all very short for me. I'm confident that I answered every single numerical and abstract reasoning correctly. I had just 5 questions for each.

I had about 10 abstract reasoning and numerical ones and only 5 verbal reasoning ones
Original post by Agata
I had about 10 abstract reasoning and numerical ones and only 5 verbal reasoning ones

That's interesting, I wonder what is going on but I guess its different questions for everyone. All my questions for the abstract were simple and extremely similar to the practice. As for the maths, it was easier than the practice. I'll keep this thread updated and hope everyone else does. :smile:

Good luck
Reply 63
That's interesting, I wonder what is going on but I guess its different questions for everyone. All my questions for the abstract were simple and extremely similar to the practice. As for the maths, it was easier than the practice. I'll keep this thread updated and hope everyone else does. :smile:

Good luck

Thank you, good luck to you too :smile: I found the abstract ones really tough, maths ones were more fun. Struggled with verbal reasoning.
To all who have finished all the online tests - did you receive an email stating you will hear on December 22nd? I have read that one or 2 people have had this email from this thread but I have not had this email. My application status says 'on hold' and 'your online assessment is under review' in orange down the list?

Good luck all!
Reply 65
Original post by sarahm92
To all who have finished all the online tests - did you receive an email stating you will hear on December 22nd? I have read that one or 2 people have had this email from this thread but I have not had this email. My application status says 'on hold' and 'your online assessment is under review' in orange down the list?

Good luck all!

You may have to wait for the email. I received it after a few hours. No need to worry.
Reply 66
can you pick which order you do the tests in?
Reply 67

Good luck

are the tests particularly difficult?
Original post by Rubyy_

I'd say they are challenging but not horrifyingly difficult.

I always find logical reasoning a breeze, so I found it fairly easy. Numerical was enjoyable with some trickiness, Verbal I struggle with because I always second guess myself, and the SJT, well, I have no idea how I did. I hate SJTs because you can get into a self-doubt spiral, ha. I like the videos, though!
Original post by Rubyy_

Like the person above me said its not difficult. But it depends on whether you are decent at GCSE level math or if you can think logically. But of course if you're bad at both I would say to do the practice tests on the official website and see where you're then practice on your own using free tests online. And then do the test.

I went straight in after doing the official practice tests, but I'm good at maths and my masters is from a science background.

And to answer your previous question: you can't pick the order. Its SJT > Logical > Quantitative > Verbal
I'm going to apply for the heck of it, this scheme will be a good back up plan.
I have done all the tests, I haven't had a confirmation email or anything to say I've 'applied'. I'm a bit concerned as its just saying online tests in review - I don't know If I've actually applied though
I have completed the test, and now my application is under review. The numerical and also verbal tests are pretty much identical to the HMRC tests.
I answered approximately 15-19 questions for the numerical test and also verbal test, which is a good sign. I believe I answered around the same amount of questions for the HMRC numerical/ verbal tests, and my score for those tests pushed me up in the 96%/98% percentile position.
Reply 73
How long do all the tests take to do? Do we have to submit the application and do all the tests before the deadline at 11am?
Original post by H.a.hx
How long do all the tests take to do? Do we have to submit the application and do all the tests before the deadline at 11am?

Like lots of people above are saying - they vary quite a bit. I'd give yourself three hours? Still plenty of time, applications close at 11am! I just finished mine - off to bed!

Good luck :smile:
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by sarahm92

Good luck all!

My email went straight into my junk mail.
I just finished all my tests right now! Stayed up because I knew I wouldn't wake up early enough to do them by 11. The verbal test was longest by far. Numerical and logical were quite short so I don't know what to make of how well I did. Time for the waiting game!
Reply 77
Original post by luckyeightyeight
Like lots of people above are saying - they vary quite a bit. I'd give yourself three hours? Still plenty of time, applications close at 11am! I just finished mine - off to bed!

Good luck :smile:

Thank you! Managed to complete the application :smile:
All the best
My verbal was the longest of the three in the end! But for at least the last five questions I really was unsure. Good luck everyone.
Hi, can anyone tell me how questions were asked on the numerical test? I felt that it was a really short test compared to other online tests.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending