The Student Room Group

AQA Computer Science GCSE Controlled Assess,e

Hello,
I am very much struggling in my gcse computer science controlled assessment(AQA) atm!!
could anyone provide me with some help please?
It would be really helpful...
I have been looking for help all over the internet but I couldn't find anything sadly.
It would be great if anyone can help me!
Thank you!
Original post by skills0786
Hello,
I am very much struggling in my gcse computer science controlled assessment(AQA) atm!!
could anyone provide me with some help please?
It would be really helpful...
I have been looking for help all over the internet but I couldn't find anything sadly.
It would be great if anyone can help me!
Thank you!

Can you give me more context? What task are you doing and what is the specification? (Maths Quiz, Addressbook, Password, Encryption task etc)
I've finished my controlled assessment and would be happy to lead you in the right direction.
Reply 2
Original post by CyberJake
Can you give me more context? What task are you doing and what is the specification? (Maths Quiz, Addressbook, Password, Encryption task etc)
I've finished my controlled assessment and would be happy to lead you in the right direction.

First of all, thank you so much for ur offer of help.
My task is scenario 4 - traditional application - population model for greenflies
Im mostly struggling with what to include, how much I have to write and how to lay it out.
I really don't know where to get started! :colondollar:
Especially the psuedocode!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by skills0786
First of all, thank you so much for ur offer of help.
My task is scenario 4 - traditional application - population model for greenflies
Im mostly struggling with what to include, how much I have to write and how to lay it out.
I really don't know where to get started! :colondollar:
Especially the psuedocode!

Alright, well - I don't really know about that Scenario, if you could put the specification I'd be happy to help lead you in the correct direction.

As for Pseudocode, the whole idea arond it is like a more simple version of code, of which can be interpreted or understood by anyone.

Something like print("Hello TSR!":wink: in Python would translate to PRINT or OUTPUT Hello TSR in Pseudocode, it doesn't really have any set form or standard but some things appear a lot:
INPUT - User inputs something
OUTPUT - Something gets printed
WHILE - Looping
FOR - Count
IF - If statement
ELSE - Else statement

eg.
OUTPUT "Do you like TSR?"
INPUT - User answers here
STORE to USERANSWER
Original post by CyberJake
Alright, well - I don't really know about that Scenario, if you could put the specification I'd be happy to help lead you in the correct direction.

As for Pseudocode, the whole idea arond it is like a more simple version of code, of which can be interpreted or understood by anyone.

Something like print("Hello TSR!":wink: in Python would translate to PRINT or OUTPUT Hello TSR in Pseudocode, it doesn't really have any set form or standard but some things appear a lot:
INPUT - User inputs something
OUTPUT - Something gets printed
WHILE - Looping
FOR - Count
IF - If statement
ELSE - Else statement

eg.

OUTPUT "Do you like TSR?"
INPUT - User answers here
STORE to USERANSWER

If I was able to give you the exact scenario will you be able to help?
Reply 5
can you plz help me as well?
Reply 6
Original post by nadeq0
can you plz help me as well?

Make a new thread and specify what you need help in.

No one is going to do your coursework for you, also, idk if asking for help to a person on the internet is against exam guidelines.
Original post by stoyfan

No one is going to do your coursework for you, also, idk if asking for help to a person on the internet is against exam guidelines.

Thanks for the reply
Reply 8
Original post by thebeastfromthe
Thanks for the reply

Thanks for the reply

aren't controlled assessments marks being voided anyway?
Original post by M4cc4n4
aren't controlled assessments marks being voided anyway?

This was posted last academic year so s'all pointless now
This was posted last academic year so s'all pointless now

I was talking mostly about the new lazy one
i programmed the ocr computer science coursework quiz task in 3 different languages for fun lol pm me i dont mind helping students learn code
All NEA tasks are now nearly cancelled. Teachees stopping them in class so no need to worry now. Official cancellation 8 Jan 2018.
Reply 13
Original post by Peterpanpipes2
All NEA tasks are now nearly cancelled. Teachees stopping them in class so no need to worry now. Official cancellation 8 Jan 2018.

‘Cancellation’ is misleading - in all Ofqual’s scenarios, candidates would have to finish the NEA regardless.

However, it may not be marked as part of the GCSE or at all.
Reply 14
Original post by stoyfan

i only need help with the design
Ask teacher to stop them for now until 8 Jan. It looks like they cancelled or will not count in gcse so you can just ignore it and work on theiry.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending