The Student Room Group

Kei's Journey to AAAA (GYG 2017-18)

This is my 2017-18 GYG. I've cut out all of the intro, except for the index. For my new one, please click HERE

Index
For those of you who can't be bothered to read all 70+ pages.

Index

(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1

Nov 29, 2017

Today started well. I woke up at 6am and did some light revision for a Further Mech test that was scheduled for today. I went to school... blah, blah, blah... life goes on... Anyways, I get to my Further Mech class and no one's there! I'm like 'Am I in the wrong room?' My teacher walks in, asks where everyone is and just starts the test. Everyone saunters in 5 minutes late and all of a sudden, I CAN'T THINK! Panicking, I pick up the paper and just randomly writes something down... It helped, kinda... This is just becoming a rant... Anyways, the test wasn't too bad yet I can't help but think that I've made a few slip-ups somewhere...

Oh, and I got my Physics test on waves back :smile: Ya girl got 48/49 :smile:

It wasn't a great morning but the Physics test made me happy, you'd think the day would go on just as well... Well, no.

First, I get a sore throat... I think it was kinda there this morning and just gradually got worse. Then, I have to stay in school for an extra hour coz my siblings decided to do some extra-curriculars and I don't exactly have a means to get home until an hour after school. So I go home with a splitting headache and all I want to do is sleep, only to find that my bed has been stripped of its sheets :frown: So I put some sheets on the bed and sleep, only to wake up 2 hours later with an even worse sore throat :frown:

Let's just say it's been hectic and right after this post goes up, I'm going back to bed...

I hope whoever reads this has a better day than I did :smile:
(edited 6 years ago)
:woo: That physics result is amazing!
(And you should definitely do maths at uni...not that I'm bias) :wink:
Your GCSE grades are great :smile:
Best of luck with your blog :yay:
Reply 3
Original post by Lemur14
That physics result is amazing! (And you should definitely do maths at uni...not that I'm bias) Your GCSE grades are great Best of luck with your blog

Thank you!! My original choice was Maths (I decided this in Year 8 that I would study Maths at Cambridge) but then for some reason, I switched to ChemEng then decided NatSci was probably a good choice as well so right now, I'm very undecided :tongue:
Original post by nyxnko_
Thank you!! My original choice was Maths (I decided this in Year 8 that I would study Maths at Cambridge) but then for some reason, I switched to ChemEng then decided NatSci was probably a good choice as well so right now, I'm very undecided :tongue:

That's perfectly normal :smile: I'm just kidding!
You have plenty of time to research and find what interests you most!
(Although Cambridge :noway:)
Reply 5
Original post by Lemur14
That's perfectly normal :smile: I'm just kidding!
You have plenty of time to research and find what interests you most!
(Although Cambridge :noway:)

Ahhh okay!! What's wrong with Cambridge? Or is it just that your an Oxford fan?
Original post by nyxnko_
Ahhh okay!! What's wrong with Cambridge? Or is it just that your an Oxford fan?

Yeah I'm an Oxford fan.
I know Cambridge is brilliant though, it's just a lot further for me so I wouldn't want to go there (plus family history with Oxford and nothing with Cambridge makes Oxford personally more special) And since I want to do maths STEP near my exams doesn't sound like my idea of fun...
Reply 7
Original post by Lemur14
Yeah I'm an Oxford fan.
I know Cambridge is brilliant though, it's just a lot further for me so I wouldn't want to go there (plus family history with Oxford and nothing with Cambridge makes Oxford personally more special) And since I want to do maths STEP near my exams doesn't sound like my idea of fun...

Oh okay. Good luck with your application to Oxford :smile:
Just out of interest, the MAT is done during Year 13 and STEP is done when u sit your A-Levels, right?
Original post by nyxnko_
Oh okay. Good luck with your application to Oxford :smile:
Just out of interest, the MAT is done during Year 13 and STEP is done when u sit your A-Levels, right?

Thank you :smile: Good luck with deciding which course to apply for!
MAT is done in November of year 13, while STEP is done in June of year 13 yes :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by Lemur14
Thank you :smile: Good luck with deciding which course to apply for!
MAT is done in November of year 13, while STEP is done in June of year 13 yes :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha thanks :smile:
Original post by nyxnko_
Haha thanks :smile:

You're welcome :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11

Nov 30, 2017 Pt. 1

Guess who’s off school today? It’s great to finally have a long weekend :smile: So what have I done so far today? Not much to be completely honest. I got up at 6am again (I stuck on school time xD) but then spent the morning on social media (TSR is included in this, even though it is technically a forum) After breakfast, I watched the latest episodes of Black Clover and Boruto.

Spoiler

I don’t really watch anime on a daily basis, just once a week when the shows I follow release new episodes.

So yes, that was my morning. I tried to clean up my room so now, it’s slightly tidier than before.

I don’t feel as bad today as I did yesterday. I was just so sleepy and my head and throat and eyes just hurt.

PS. I forgot to mention this yesterday but I finally got my UKMT results back!! I got GOLD :smile: I’m so happy :biggrin:
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 12

Nov 30, 2017 Pt. 2

I had cold pizza for lunch. It was pretty good though. I’m deciding I like cold pizza. There’s one thing in life that I am good at and that is procrastinating. I am a professional procrastinator. I spent an hour today after lunch playing Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp.

Spoiler

Don’t get me wrong. I don’t regret it, yet. I’ll regret it on Sunday when I still have a ton of work to do and the long weekend is nearing its end. :tongue:

After that, I did spend about an hour practising the piano, so I did kinda make up for my lack of productivity. It’s relaxing, but to an extent. When you have so many drills to play through before you actually get to the pieces, it becomes so wearisome. I swear, it takes more time for me to play through my ‘warm-up’ than it actually does for me to practise one of my pieces.

Then, I spent another half hour playing Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp. Just saying, I’m not addicted to this game. I only ever have a chance to play it on weekends coz it’s on my mum’s iPad and she uses it most of the time. She disapproves, of course, as she often does, but I think she doesn’t actually know how to delete it. This is starting to feel a bit like a diary.

I spent the next half hour of my life getting distracted by TSR. There are just so many forums that it’s practically impossible to not get distracted. Honestly, though, I think I need to have a bit more self-discipline.

I had tennis this evening. As usual, I play terribly. I come home meaning to be super productive and end up being distracted by: you guessed it, TSR. Nothing against TSR :heart: I just need a bit more self-discipline. So about half an hour before ‘bedtime’ (my mother needs to know that I am now almost 17 and can decide when I want to go to bed), I start my Maths homework and just about put a dent in it before I decide I’m just not up for it. I’m going to leave it on my desk and just go to bed. Maybe I’ll finish it next morning.

Anyways, I hope you’ve had a far more productive day than I have had. I've attached a photo of my Maths homework but I doubt it's very interesting, especially with the poor lighting.

Tag List:
Please tell me if you would like to be removed/added to the list

Spoiler

(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 13

Dec 1, 2017

‘Pinch. Punch. First day of the month. No returns.’
Happy December, everyone!! It’s finally almost Christmas!! (not that I celebrate, but it still makes me feel really happy and festive) How is everyone planning to celebrate Christmas? I’m probably going to sit and home and sleep or something >.<

Today, I was probably less productive than yesterday, if that’s even possible. This lack of productivity is going to be a huge problem if I still want those As at the end of this year… Still, I did manage to finish my Maths homework, which, to be fair, wasn’t actually that much. I just hate Stats so much. :frown: It’s just so useless and so ambiguous and so vague (sorry, statistics fans) Anyways, I plan to at least do my Organic Chem homework later tonight, so at least it’s out of the way. Then, I’m going to read Bricking It for TSR’s Book Club.
And that should be it for today. :smile:

I think I’ll make my goals for tomorrow here so that it’s posted and on my blog. :smile:

Spoiler

No photos today... I didn't take any :frown:

Tag Squad:
please tell me if you would like to be added/removed from this

Spoiler

(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by nyxnko_

Dec 1, 2017

Happy December, everyone!! It’s finally almost Christmas!! (not that I celebrate, but it still makes me feel really happy and festive) How is everyone planning to celebrate Christmas? I’m probably going to sit and home and sleep or something >.<

Today, I was probably less productive than yesterday, if that’s even possible. This lack of productivity is going to be a huge problem if I still want those As at the end of this year… Still, I did manage to finish my Maths homework, which, to be fair, wasn’t actually that much. I just hate Stats so much. :frown: It’s just so useless and so ambiguous and so vague (sorry, statistics fans) Anyways, I plan to at least do my Organic Chem homework later tonight, so at least it’s out of the way. Then, I’m going to read Bricking It for TSR’s Book Club.

I think I’ll make my goals for tomorrow here so that it’s posted and on my blog. :smile:

Spoiler

Tag Squad:

Spoiler

I don't celebrate Christmas either but I love the festivities too! How are you finding AS Chemistry? I really love it at GCSE.
Hello! I'm loving this blog so far :rave:

I'm really oddly fascinated by the picture of your calculator on yesterdays post, I wouldn't know where to get started using a graphical one! Being the sad maths person that I am, although I don't need one yet (perks of being on the old maths A-Level specification) I think I might invest in one. :teehee:

I also very much relate to Pocket Camp being a huge distraction, I can't seem to get myself off it, made it to level 23 in a week of playing! :oops:

Well done on your Gold in UKMT, you should be super proud! :hugs:

I'll be following this thread along. :yep:
Original post by nyxnko_

Nov 30, 2017 Pt. 2

I had cold pizza for lunch. It was pretty good though. I’m deciding I like cold pizza. There’s one thing in life that I am good at and that is procrastinating. I am a professional procrastinator. I spent an hour today after lunch playing Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp.

Spoiler

Don’t get me wrong. I don’t regret it, yet. I’ll regret it on Sunday when I still have a ton of work to do and the long weekend is nearing its end. :tongue:

After that, I did spend about an hour practising the piano, so I did kinda make up for my lack of productivity. It’s relaxing, but to an extent. When you have so many drills to play through before you actually get to the pieces, it becomes so wearisome. I swear, it takes more time for me to play through my ‘warm-up’ than it actually does for me to practise one of my pieces.

Then, I spent another half hour playing Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp. Just saying, I’m not addicted to this game. I only ever have a chance to play it on weekends coz it’s on my mum’s iPad and she uses it most of the time. She disapproves, of course, as she often does, but I think she doesn’t actually know how to delete it. This is starting to feel a bit like a diary.

I spent the next half hour of my life getting distracted by TSR. There are just so many forums that it’s practically impossible to not get distracted. Honestly, though, I think I need to have a bit more self-discipline.

I had tennis this evening. As usual, I play terribly. I come home meaning to be super productive and end up being distracted by: you guessed it, TSR. Nothing against TSR :heart: I just need a bit more self-discipline. So about half an hour before ‘bedtime’ (my mother needs to know that I am now almost 17 and can decide when I want to go to bed), I start my Maths homework and just about put a dent in it before I decide I’m just not up for it. I’m going to leave it on my desk and just go to bed. Maybe I’ll finish it next morning.

Anyways, I hope you’ve had a far more productive day than I have had. I've attached a photo of my Maths homework but I doubt it's very interesting, especially with the poor lighting.

Tag List:
Please tell me if you would like to be removed/added to the list

Spoiler

That calculator looks cool :biggrin:

Good luck and all the best :thumbsup:
Reply 17
Original post by euphoricgirl
I don't celebrate Christmas either but I love the festivities too! How are you finding AS Chemistry? I really love it at GCSE.

really interesting!! especially organic chemistry! it's a lot harder than gcse though. the first test we did, there were so many curve balls that I was like, what is this?

Original post by EmilySarah00
Hello! I'm loving this blog so far :rave:

I'm really oddly fascinated by the picture of your calculator on yesterdays post, I wouldn't know where to get started using a graphical one! Being the sad maths person that I am, although I don't need one yet (perks of being on the old maths A-Level specification) I think I might invest in one. :teehee:

I also very much relate to Pocket Camp being a huge distraction, I can't seem to get myself off it, made it to level 23 in a week of playing! :oops:

Well done on your Gold in UKMT, you should be super proud! :hugs:

I'll be following this thread along. :yep:

it's not a graphical calculator :biggrin: it does have some pretty cool functions though (I think it was about £20?)

I know right? Pocket Camp is just so addicting! I found out about the winter event yesterday and I've already completed most of the goals... is that bad?

Thank you!! :heart:

Original post by Lychee628
That calculator looks cool :biggrin:

Good luck and all the best :thumbsup:

Thank you :heart:
Original post by nyxnko_

Dec 1, 2017

Spoiler

Tag Squad:

Spoiler

Thanks for the tag😊 I’m really excited for Christmas because one of my friends who doesn’t celebrate Christmas is staying with us and I think it’ll be so fun 😊🎅🏼
Reply 19
Original post by MonicaD
Congrats on your amazing grades and your Gold in the UKMT! Good luck with everything and continue the hard work, I'm sure you'll get into Cambridge :smile:

Thank you!! :heart:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending