The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Confused about my Exeter offer?!?

So I've just received an offer for BA geography at Exeter!! However my offer says that I need AAA but underneath it says...
This offer is subject to you obtaining grades AAA at A-Level in 3 subjects but excluding General Studies, to include a Humanities or Social Science subject at grade B if not included in your AAA at A-Level.
I'm not too sure whether this means the offer is AAB as I do geography A level which is a humanities subject!
If anyone knows what this all means it would be very appreciated!!:smile:
Reply 1
one of your A levels should be an A in a humanities/social science subject. if you're not doing one at a level, at least you should have a B at AS level
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 2
Original post by Eleanor1999
So I've just received an offer for BA geography at Exeter!! However my offer says that I need AAA but underneath it says...
This offer is subject to you obtaining grades AAA at A-Level in 3 subjects but excluding General Studies, to include a Humanities or Social Science subject at grade B if not included in your AAA at A-Level.
I'm not too sure whether this means the offer is AAB as I do geography A level which is a humanities subject!

If you had 4 A-levels and 3 were sciences then AAAB with the B in a Humanities or Social Science would be acceptable.

If you are only doing 3 then you need AAA to include at least one in a Humanities or Social Science (e.g. Geography)
Original post by Eleanor1999

It means you need AAA at A level and if one of those A grades is not in a humanities/social science subject you will also need a grade B in such a subject.

So either: (a) AAA if that includes a humanities/social subject or (b) AAAB including a humanities/social science.
Reply 4
Basically if you had AAA in subjects that weren't a social science or humanities, you would need a 4th subject that has a B in a social science or humanity. So no, it does not mean AAB with a B in Geography. If you only do 3 subjects, then you need an A in Geography.

For example, I do 4 subjects: Maths, French, RS and Italian, with only RS being a humanity or social science. If I got AAAC with a C in RS, I would not be allowed in the course. If I got AABB, I would not be allowed in the course. If I were to get AAAB with a B in RS, or AAAU with an A in RS I would be allowed in the course.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending