The Student Room Group

Do any girls prefer quiet, introverted guys

To the more loud, outgoing, extroverted types?
Quiet Guys are cute and often sweet, however it depends if you have the guts/confidence to convey your feelings. Girls like to feel special and adored :smile:
I do much prefer quieter guys that don't feel the need to flirt with every single attractive girl.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Quiet Guys are cute and often sweet, however it depends if you have the guts/confidence to convey your feelings. Girls like to feel special and adored :smile:

I'm quiet and introverted, not shy. I just don't make small talk and don't enjoy being in large groups of people, not because of shyness but because I don't see the point/find it boring/prefer to be doing something else by myself or with a small group of people I actually like. That's how I see it, not to do with beieng shy or lacking confidence.

I can express my feelings for a girl but this is difficult on a different level. It's not that I'm shy to, I don't like to feel like a loser when she rejects me.
By the way, do you act differently around such guys? Literally every girl I talk to (and that's always in a school-related context) acts towards me in a very weird way. One more thing to note, I never start the conversations.
i like quieter guys too but i don't know if i want to have a boyfriend who constantly just wants to stay at home and do nothing. there's more to life than just the quiet moments and repetition; and i wanna experience it as best i can
To the more loud, outgoing, extroverted types?

platonically quiet guys are really fun to hang out with

both sides of the coin have advantages and disadvantages....depends on how well the personalities of the 2 people work together
Nobody likes to be rejected, some are better at hiding it than others.

There's always going to be someone out there that likes you, no matter what you're like. You can increase the chance of that though fairly easily.

Taking care of yourself is important, just basic hygiene etc, nothing fancy, and eating semi-healthy food and doing some sort of exercise once a week. I'm introverted too so I like exercise that gives me more alone time where I don't need to be switched on socially, like jogging through a park or swimming once a week. Also trying to improve oneself is a good character trait, rather than being stuck in a rut.

Having a quiet confidence about yourself is attractive. It's about knowing your own worth, not being arrogant but not allowing people to walk over you or take advantage.

The"loud boisterous types" are really noticeable in a room but I personally steer clear like they've got the plague. I find them immature and silly, tbh.

My point basically, is don't stress. You'll find someone. Just go through life trying to do something with yourself and you'll find the right person one day, it just takes time.
Reply 8
Original post by saharan_skies
i like quieter guys too but i don't know if i want to have a boyfriend who constantly just wants to stay at home and do nothing. there's more to life than just the quiet moments and repetition; and i wanna experience it as best i can

I just don't like huge gatherings, clubbing and things of this nature. I do like going out ofc, I want to experience things too but I will unlikely strike a discussion with a person I know nothing about, like a stranger, or befriend someone I don't know quite swiftly and so on.
Reply 9
Original post by ZiggyStardust_
platonically quiet guys are really fun to hang out with

both sides of the coin have advantages and disadvantages....depends on how well the personalities of the 2 people work together

Why platonically though? is it bad to have an introverted bf? clearly, yes, it depends on how you click with a person but that goes for all personality types.
Why platonically though? is it bad to have an introverted bf? clearly, yes, it depends on how you click with a person but that goes for all personality types.

It's def not bad to have an introverted bf, I know introverted guys with girlfriends. It definitely does depend on how you click with a person, that's for sure. Personally I'd prefer an intelligent, bookish, insightful, sensitive, boyfriend to someone loud who's always out drinking.

no i just say that bc im not looking to date boys atm, nor am i interested in any boys romantically atm.

If we're being general, no i don't see it as a bad thing for girls to have introverted BF's.

and yes i agree!
Reply 12

People can be quiet and introverted and still enjoy going out and doing things! It doesn't mean they are agoraphobic and boring!

What a strange assumption to jump to.
Reply 13
I prefer to date guys and girls who are more quiet and introverted as a rule, because I am quite similar.

I also hate too much noise and I hate being in the same room with someone who is really loud and showy - it gives me a headache and makes me want to physically leave that room, as I can't relax.

I also think that the people who are usually really loud and showing off usually do so because they have nothing to say without it - it immediately makes me disinterested in them.

I'm sure there are plenty of people both introverted and extroverted who are interested in quiet and introverted guys, but from my experience you need to find and play to different strengths in order to win certain people over - so that you can be interesting and grabbing of people's attention in a more subtle, but ultimately more potent way than the people who are loud and obnoxious. Don't be like "I'm quiet and introverted so I'm just going to sit here". You still have to play the game, just take a different approach.
(edited 6 years ago)
If you read the description that the anon provided, it says that he's more likely to want to stay a home which suggests that he's a homebody and less likely to wanna go out
Original post by Clez
People can be quiet and introverted and still enjoy going out and doing things! It doesn't mean they are agoraphobic and boring!

What a strange assumption to jump to.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 15
If you read the description that the anon provided, it says that he's more likely to want to stay a home which suggests that he's a homebody and less likely to wanna go out

If YOU read the description in the OP, it says MORE outgoing - not NOT outgoing.

It is quite obvious what is being referred to.
Its possible. Quiet introverted guy here, who has had a girlfriend and a serious relationship. Theres a range of people out there, so its entirely plausible that these people will like a range of different things....from people to music to TV to art to careers, to whatever.
it depends how quiet
Girls prefer confident, strong guys who are in control of themselves and the situations around them.

That does not mean 'loud' - but their is quite a correlation.

The strong-silent trope is very true and exists, and can be incredibly attractive to girls. The man who Can act, can be social, can do whats needed.. but also has restraint, is very appealing.

But from my experience that's the minority of quiet guys, the majority of quiet/shy guys are that way out of weakness and not choice. They are to nervous, to scared, and to unable to control themselves.. and none of these traits are appealing.

This is also nothing to do with extroversion/introversion. An introverted guy can be very loud, confident and social.. its just probably going to be in smaller more intimate environments then the extroverted guy, but both can show the same degree of confidence/control.

So to be simple:

Girls like confident/assured/strong willed guys...

Being quiet/shy does not mean you are weak...

but most weak guys are quiet and shy..
I included the more into the loud not the outgoing ;; but this debate is quite useless since I'm going to keep thinking what I think and you're going to think what you think
Original post by Clez
If YOU read the description in the OP, it says MORE outgoing - not NOT outgoing.

It is quite obvious what is being referred to.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending