The Student Room Group

2018 Veterinary applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DinkleberryQueen
So far been rejected from Liverpool and Edinburgh because of grades and Surrey because of questionnaire score. Holding out and praying to get accepted by Nottingham as that is my favourite choice of the four :adore:

What are your grades then?
Original post by brrrigid
Has anyone heard from RVC today? Still got nothing....

Just got a rejection if that counts, heh. Gutted.
Just got a RVC rejection :frown:
Original post by silver001
Just got a rejection if that counts, heh. Gutted.

Original post by CecileColes
Just got a RVC rejection :frown:

I’m so sorry to hear this :frown: did RVC give a reason why or any feedback for you?
How are you guys doing with your other choices?
Had an emial from RVC saying they will give everyone a response by the end of next week latest if anyone was curious
My RVC interview just came through - I’m so relieved they didn’t forget
I’m so sorry to hear this :frown: did RVC give a reason why or any feedback for you?

They said I didn’t meet the minimum requirements which is weird because I already have my A Levels and exceeded the WE requirements 🤷🏻*♀️
They said I didn’t meet the minimum requirements which is weird because I already have my A Levels and exceeded the WE requirements 🤷🏻*♀️

Just got rejected too...
They told me I didn’t meet the minimum requirements also - I’m predicted A*A*A* (Maths Bio Chem) and have done about 30 times more than the WE requirements (I am even employed at RVCs showjumping yard!)
Absolutely heartbroken - had my heart set on RVC since I was about 7 :frown:

That is very strange! You definitely got the 5As in the right subjects at GCSE?

There's no harm in querying it! I had a friend who applied as a graduate to Surrey, they rejected her straight up because she didn't have the A levels - turns out they missed the part that she completed a degree!! Once she spoke to them they offered her an interview and she got a place

The said I didn’t meet the threshold score 😕
Original post by Luci_00
Had an emial from RVC saying they will give everyone a response by the end of next week latest if anyone was curious

Hello,, thanks a lot for the information . Do you think they imply they will still send invitations next week and rather tons of rejections ??
My RVC interview just came through - I’m so relieved they didn’t forget

Congrats ! when is your interview date ?
Do you mind me asking at what time did you received the email ??
Got an unconditional offer from Surrey two days after my interview :biggrin: super excited to start!
Original post by A.Francis
Got an unconditional offer from Surrey two days after my interview :biggrin: super excited to start!

Woah congrats! Didn't realise they offered unconditional for vet science?
That is very strange! You definitely got the 5As in the right subjects at GCSE?

8A*s, 2As and 2Bs with A*AAB A Levels 🙄
8A*s, 2As and 2Bs with A*AAB A Levels 🙄
there's no harm in querying! See my reply to someone else, it happened to a friend of mine!
Original post by Kittypollard
Just got rejected too...
They told me I didn’t meet the minimum requirements also - I’m predicted A*A*A* (Maths Bio Chem) and have done about 30 times more than the WE requirements (I am even employed at RVCs showjumping yard!)
Absolutely heartbroken - had my heart set on RVC since I was about 7 :frown:

Same, even worked at Boltons Park for three weeks
Original post by sos3095
Woah congrats! Didn't realise they offered unconditional for vet science?

already had my a levels so they gave me unconditional (I'm 19)
Original post by A.Francis
already had my a levels so they gave me unconditional (I'm 19)
ah that's amazing, congratulations!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending