The Student Room Group

Most prestigious degree poll

Poll

What is the most prestigous degree subject

So I’ve been trying to gather an understanding of how valued each degree subject is by today’s society. I’m doing this all for my own research purposes and thought this would be a good place to get an opinion.

Obviously the prestige of each degree may be subjective and many will argue cases for their own degree. However I’m trying to find out which degree do you guys think has the biggest “wow factor.”

This poll is assuming that the prestige of the university is the same across the board.

Scroll to see replies

Genetics degrees obviously have the most prestige...😏Get people like me doing them!
have you done the poll yet?
Original post by DCFCfan4eva
have you done the poll yet?

Up and running, sorry for the delay
Surely the prestigiousness of the university is just as important? A degree in fine art from Oxford is more prestigious than a degree in maths from London Met lol
Reply 5
Original post by TheTechN1304
Surely the prestigiousness of the university is just as important? A degree in fine art from Oxford is more prestigious than a degree in maths from London Met lol

just assume all the subjects are done at the most prestigious university possible mister derpy! :smile:
Reply 6
Languages of course :wink:
Reply 7
STEM or nothing...
Music composition.:wink: (not bias at all)
harvard law 😬 Stanford medicine, Oxford ppe, MIT Engineering etc
Original post by oliviaminor
harvard law 😬 Stanford medicine, Oxford ppe, MIT Engineering etc

I elucidated that we are assuming that the prestige of the university is equal. Therefore we aren’t factoring the university it’s being studied at into the equation.

Agree with what you put though
Maths ftw :biggrin:
Reply 12
Depends on the university as someone said.

Apart from this, Classics (which you shouldn't have put with "languages" ) and PPE.
Voting for Languages because I'm not biased at all....
STEM subjects and any degree with economics and finance are classed as prestigious degrees in this country. They are the biggest sectors in the UK.
Original post by usualsuspects
Depends on the university as someone said.

Apart from this, Classics (which you shouldn't have put with "languages" ) and PPE.

Sorry, was running out of space :frown:
stem subjects I'd say. art based courses are looked down upon a lot where as physics for example isn't.
Most prestigious = degree I study
Reply 18
Original post by TheTechN1304

Not if you want to be a mathematician.
Original post by Doonesbury
Not if you want to be a mathematician.

Bruv I'll have you know I became a rocket design engineer after studying biology because it was sooo prestigious.

Latest

Trending

Trending