The Student Room Group

Eyewitness Account from Auschwitz

Here is chilling evidence of what actually happened:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-42144186

please think about this when you see people trying to deny the Holocaust.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by the bear
Here is chilling evidence of what actually happened:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-42144186

please think about this when you see people trying to deny the Holocaust.

As important a historic account as this is, it shouldn't matter - we know what happened. In the sense that this letter doesn't suddenly confirm something that was just suspected or gave a new light to something.

In the Colombian TV show about Pablo Escobar, El Patron del Mal, the introduction states: "Quien no conoce su historia esta condenado a repetirla" - those who don't know their history are doomed to repeat it.

There is a reason holocaust denial is illegal in Germany and other European countries.
Original post by Chaz254
Ok? It seems you still don't understand what Holocaust denial is. No one outright denies the Holocaust ever happened. However they do question if it played out how we have been taught in schools. The big argument is the famous 6 million figure. This figure is thought to have been inflated.

Before you call me an anti-Semite, I'm just putting forward the theory of so-called Holocaust deniers because I have read their claims.

Not entirely true.

Almost all holocaust deniers claim there were no gas chambers, and people just died from disease and over work.

The people talking about the numbers are just pseudo historians trying to deny holocaust by 'legitimate' means, via 'historical evidence'.
Original post by Chaz254
Ok? It seems you still don't understand what Holocaust denial is. No one outright denies the Holocaust ever happened. However they do question if it played out how we have been taught in schools. The big argument is the famous 6 million figure. This figure is thought to have been inflated.

Before you call me an anti-Semite, I'm just putting forward the theory of so-called Holocaust deniers because I have read their claims.

11 million people die in the Holocaust 6 million figure is for Jews. Disabled people were the first people to be murdered and nobody cared than it was the German Roma.
Original post by Chaz254

As yudothis says, Holocaust deniers also tend to deny the existence of the death camps and gas chambers, and the existence of a clear Nazi plan to exterminate all Jews under their rule.

But purely on the topic of numbers, there's a difference between debating different figures which are viable within the same factual accounts, and suggesting a figure so different that it would require a completely different sequence of events to be true. For instance, Jean-Claude Pressac in 1989 estimated the total Auschwitz death toll at 630,000-710,000, significantly lower than the more widely accepted estimate of just over 1 million. But no-one considers Pressac a Holocaust denier because his number is clearly not so different that it implies a substantive difference on how Auschwitz operated and what its purpose was.

If, by contrast, you claim the entire death toll of the Holocaust was only a few hundred thousand, that's an entirely different order magnitude, and you're clearly implicitly asserting a different version of events.
Reply 5
Original post by Lolocaust 6tril
Attachment not found

Wow it's amazing how a few eye witness all with tell tale noses can be proof that it happened as they say.

Strange isn't it all of the crimes committed in WW2 including by allies and all we ever hear of is this six million Jews!

There was a Holocaust of Germans.

History is written by the victors.
Original post by Chaz254
However they do question if it played out how we have been taught in schools.

It is in the same camp as those who suggest that evolution is just a theory. The holocaust happened. It is undeniable. But like so many things that happen which are just so horrendous and difficult to explain, many choose alternative theories because the narrative is easier to digest.
Original post by ByEeek
It is in the same camp as those who suggest that evolution is just a theory. The holocaust happened. It is undeniable. But like so many things that happen which are just so horrendous and difficult to explain, many choose alternative theories because the narrative is easier to digest.

I am sorry, you only have to look at the posts above to see that holocaust denial is not a "coping mechanism" for dealing with atrocity.
Original post by nulli tertius
I am sorry, you only have to look at the posts above to see that holocaust denial is not a "coping mechanism" for dealing with atrocity.

Yeah - agreed.
I think society learned the lesson. I'm not sure the details matter.
Original post by SWCoffee
I think society learned the lesson.

Tell that to the people of Srebrenica.
The fact I have to Google that kinda proves my point.

With respect, I think that says more about your education.

Quite the opposite surely? Genocides continued post WWII, sections of society saw it and either declared fake or saw it as a good idea - that is not learning the lesson.
Bwahaha.

I'm merely suggesting the whole genocide thing hasn't been too popular for a while and the fact you're detracting from any argument to mention someone's personal life is equatable to the detraction of this topic in its furtive attempts to muster examination of antiquated details.

Better?
Bwahaha.

I'm merely suggesting the whole genocide thing hasn't been too popular for a while and the fact you're detracting from any argument to mention someone's personal life is equatable to the detraction of this topic in its furtive attempts to muster examination of antiquated details.

Better?

Not really - You talk as if they're not happening, despite there being one going on right now in Myanmar and that one of the biggest foreign policy discussion points of the past 4 or so years have been some genocidal lunatics in Iraq and Syria.
(edited 6 years ago)
As per the subtopic title, I'd be very willing to accept this argument if it was made in relation to news and current affairs.

I'm not debating the existence of genocides. Merely their viability in the context in the country and world currently.
Listen to this man

People don't know who the real fascists are the one's who destroy bookshops and threaten owners who sell revisionist work.

And these are the so called anti-Nazis.

This still goes on today.
Reply 18
Original post by nulli tertius

it is somehow appropriate that my thread has attracted the attention of the people it was designed to combat.
Original post by the bear
it is somehow appropriate that my thread has attracted the attention of the people it was designed to combat.

I'm just here because I was told there would be a buffet tray.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending