The Student Room Group

2018 Veterinary applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CecileColes
The said I didn’t meet the threshold score 😕

Same😕 maybe they wanted a wider variety of work experience or didn’t like the personal statement?😕 met the requirements though
Same, I still haven't heard back from RVC and not knowing if they can still send out interviews is stressful

Original post by Poplip
Is there anyone else who hasn't heard from the RVC or Surrey yet? I'm kinda resigning myself to rejection at this point :s-smilie:
Original post by godhatesyashu
been creeping on this thread for a while. thought I would finally make an account and say hi c:

got interviews from the RVC, Glasgow, and Surrey! I'm really quite worried about all of them to be frank. Are interviewers generally very friendly? Does anyone know anything about the Glasgow interviews? (i.e. do they tend to focus on your personality, or do they focus more on your academic skills?)

also good luck and congrats to anyone who's gotten interviews and/or offers :biggrin: <3 i think it's awesome that all us future vet wannabes have this place to congregate :wink:

Hey! I've not sat my RVC interview yet, but I sat my Surrey interview last Saturday (25/11/17) and received an offer the following Monday (27/11/17).

At Surrey they had a really nice welcoming presentation which helped me calm down a bit, but I was still literally shaking all the way through right up until we went in to the interview room. My interviewers weren't particularly mean, or particularly friendly - neutral is the best word, with the odd nod or smile every now and again. It was hard for me to guess whether they approved of what I was saying and that's probably their intention. Just be confident in your ability and answers and make sure you come across as such, but not arrogantly so. :smile:

Liverpool was a massive contrast - the interviewers were all really friendly and engaged with me in conversations and debates.
SURREY AND BRISTOL APPLICANTS

Hey,

Just thought I should share my sitution with anyone who hasnt heard from Bristol!

Last week I was rejected from Bristol before even being sent the WEPAPA, as i thought this went against the admissions statement I sent an email asking why I would have been rejected so early despite meeting the criteria.

It turns out that the WEPAPA must have gone to my junk email and as i never completed it, was automatically rejected! The admissions team have been great and re sent it but long story short, CHECK YOUR JUNK EMAILS REGULARLY!!

Secondly, have any Surrey applicants that were interviewed on the 25th heard back?!

I know I should be patient but Surrey is my dream and i'm worried about how the interview went!
Original post by freyaheath12

Hey,

Just thought I should share my sitution with anyone who hasnt heard from Bristol!

Last week I was rejected from Bristol before even being sent the WEPAPA, as i thought this went against the admissions statement I sent an email asking why I would have been rejected so early despite meeting the criteria.

It turns out that the WEPAPA must have gone to my junk email and as i never completed it, was automatically rejected! The admissions team have been great and re sent it but long story short, CHECK YOUR JUNK EMAILS REGULARLY!!

Secondly, have any Surrey applicants that were interviewed on the 25th heard back?!

I know I should be patient but Surrey is my dream and i'm worried about how the interview went!

About Surrey: quite a few of us have now. A couple of people got an offer on Monday, then on Thursday (I think) more offers were given in addition to updates for being on the waiting list for interview (and I think for offers too).
So confused as to how RVC can be rejecting without interview for GCSEs and W/Exp,
at an open day they stated they don't discriminate applicants with greater work experience than the necessary and higher GCSE grades. As a result my whole application relies on this being the case,
haven't received rejection or invitation yet but being as it's this far in the process I'm not expecting the latter any more.
Original post by 00red5023
So confused as to how RVC can be rejecting without interview for GCSEs and W/Exp,
at an open day they stated they don't discriminate applicants with greater work experience than the necessary and higher GCSE grades. As a result my whole application relies on this being the case,
haven't received rejection or invitation yet but being as it's this far in the process I'm not expecting the latter any more.

The RVC have about 1000 people applying with only giving out about half of these people interviews. Unfortunately that does mean, even if you do have the entry requirement - due to the vast number of people applying, you may simply not receive an interview :frown: it's a shame but sometimes the smallest things can mean you don't get one! Doesn't mean you aren't good enough, sometimes just the luck of the draw!
Original post by sos3095
The RVC have about 1000 people applying with only giving out about half of these people interviews. Unfortunately that does mean, even if you do have the entry requirement - due to the vast number of people applying, you may simply not receive an interview :frown: it's a shame but sometimes the smallest things can mean you don't get one! Doesn't mean you aren't good enough, sometimes just the luck of the draw!

Yeah, I understand the competitiveness of the course at RVC, just a bit irritated at the ambiguity of their information. Perhaps it was relayed wrong to me. TY for the response :smile:
Congratulations to all those with interviews. For myself, I'm still unsure as to how much better I could be to obtain one.
Yeah, I understand the competitiveness of the course at RVC, just a bit irritated at the ambiguity of their information. Perhaps it was relayed wrong to me. TY for the response :smile:
Congratulations to all those with interviews. For myself, I'm still unsure as to how much better I could be to obtain one.

I think they are still looking at applications though, so if you haven't heard yet don't worry! No news is good news!!
Original post by sos3095
I think they are still looking at applications though, so if you haven't heard yet don't worry! No news is good news!!

Haha I hope so. I've interviews from Liverpool and Cambridge, yet to hear from Edinburgh and RVC.

They will have a detailed rubric of what they want to read and will score accordingly. They are looking for people with clearly thought out and mature reasons for wanting to do Vet, people who look like they will give more to the Uni than just study and people with that extra bit of sparkle. You are all up against hundreds of other 'good' applicants, but it is the few 'exceptional' ones who will get through to interview - they just scored higher than the 'good' ones, and its those few marks that make the difference.
Original post by freyaheath12

Hey,

I had my Surrey interview last week on the 25th and haven’t heard back but they have given out offers this week for last Saturday. Which most likely means I’m going to be rejected at some point over the coming weeks once they get around to updating my track.
Original post by CrazyPantha27
I had my Surrey interview last week on the 25th and haven’t heard back but they have given out offers this week for last Saturday. Which most likely means I’m going to be rejected at some point over the coming weeks once they get around to updating my track.

Just because you haven't heard back doesn't mean you'll be rejected - only a very small number of applicants have heard back after their interview on Saturday and they still have all the rest of the interviews to do. Technically they'll still be giving offers until the end of March 2018, although I also spoke to a Surrey student who was automatically rejected at the end of March as they didn't have any places left only to be called up and offered a place the day before she got her A Level results. As she said to me, it's never really the end until term actually starts. So definitely don't be expecting a rejection :smile:
Original post by luberry
Just because you haven't heard back doesn't mean you'll be rejected - only a very small number of applicants have heard back after their interview on Saturday and they still have all the rest of the interviews to do. Technically they'll still be giving offers until the end of March 2018, although I also spoke to a Surrey student who was automatically rejected at the end of March as they didn't have any places left only to be called up and offered a place the day before she got her A Level results. As she said to me, it's never really the end until term actually starts. So definitely don't be expecting a rejection :smile:

I wish I was that positive lol. Thanks. Its just I went throught the same process last year, 4 interviews with Bristol, RVC, Edinburgh and Liverpool and I only received 1 offer from Bristol. But then due to some personal circumstances I failed to achieve the A-level grades in Biology and Chemistry. So now I’m reapplying this year and re-sitting. I guess I’m just a cynical person. Cheers for the support though. Hopefully they just haven’t processed mine yet!
Does anyone know if any Bristol offers have been given out recently? Really nervous waiting, and just want to be able to concentrate on my A Levels rather than thinking about whether I’ll be taking a gap year or not.
Same for me! Interviews last Saturday and still heard nothing... Starting to get tensed! Let's just hope it won't be a rejection and stop making tragic scenarios :wink:
Original post by CrazyPantha27
I wish I was that positive lol. Thanks. Its just I went throught the same process last year, 4 interviews with Bristol, RVC, Edinburgh and Liverpool and I only received 1 offer from Bristol. But then due to some personal circumstances I failed to achieve the A-level grades in Biology and Chemistry. So now I’m reapplying this year and re-sitting. I guess I’m just a cynical person. Cheers for the support though. Hopefully they just haven’t processed mine yet!

It's partly because I also had my interview last Saturday and haven't heard anything so I'm trying to remain positive :wink: but some people in my group did also ask students when we could expect to hear, and their reply was basically that a handful of people might get offers in the next few days then most people would hear when more interviews had been done so that's what I'm hoping anyways! Sorry to hear about last year - best of luck this time around :smile:
Original post by brrrigid
Hey! I've not sat my RVC interview yet, but I sat my Surrey interview last Saturday (25/11/17) and received an offer the following Monday (27/11/17).

At Surrey they had a really nice welcoming presentation which helped me calm down a bit, but I was still literally shaking all the way through right up until we went in to the interview room. My interviewers weren't particularly mean, or particularly friendly - neutral is the best word, with the odd nod or smile every now and again. It was hard for me to guess whether they approved of what I was saying and that's probably their intention. Just be confident in your ability and answers and make sure you come across as such, but not arrogantly so. :smile:

Liverpool was a massive contrast - the interviewers were all really friendly and engaged with me in conversations and debates.

Hey! thanks for the reply :smile: I guess neutral is better than ruthless any day! I'm an international applicant, so my interview is only in Jan since I've got to fly there. Congrats on your offer! You must be so relieved :biggrin: I guess as far as Glasgow goes, I'll just have to go in hoping for the best since I can't seem to find any information on their interview process. From their correspondences thus far they seem quite nice. And I guess for RVC we're both going to have to wait and see. My RVC interview is on January 5th (too soon, ohmygosh way too soon) looks like my nerves will remain knotted up through December and January :tongue: good luck for any other interviews you've got coming up!
what stations would be in a vet MMI?
Glasgow interview tomorrow, flying up from Birmingham tonight- first flight on my own eek!

Anyone else there in the morning? I've got my interview at 10:30 😱

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending