The Student Room Group

I feel sick whenever I like someone & they say they like me

I am a girl & I'm 15 years old.

I've been having this problem for a long time but whenever I like someone & they say they like me, any thought of being with them makes me sick to my stomach & sometimes I want to throw up. Then I start to ignore & hate them which I really hate about myself but I just can't help it like I've tried so hard but something's wrong. I can never get in a proper relationship because of this feeling of sickness. Does anyone else have this? Is this normal? Can someone explain this to me?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I guess it's the principle of obtaining what you want that makes you feel that way:

Desiring something/ someone in your case will get your expectations high and you'll feel a sense of "Wowww this is amazing" etc. but once you get what you desired all that fades away.

Anyways what you can do is just give it more time probably. If you wait a while trying to obtain something and put much effort in it I'm pretty sure once you get it you'll be able to cherish it. You might just be going too fast in telling someone you like them/ them being too quick in telling you they like you.
What is it nowadays with 15 year olds and love? The only thing an individual is meant to love at 15 is their education- which by the ways will be going down the drain at such a rate.

Relationships end. Education ends. Then what? You're duped.

Just focus on your education please. That should be your main priority!
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
What is it nowadays with 15 year olds and love? The only thing an individual is meant to love at 15 is their education- which by the ways will be going down the drain at such a rate.

You're right about the fact that they should focus on their education but that's not a reason for them to not experience "love" which at their age is rather just a strong attachment that is felt towards another, these are still things they should experience and learn from.

Better get hurt early and learn from those it than later on and never recover.
I know relationships probably seem like a massive deal to you (as you're in year 10 or 11), but honestly, they mean nothing. You don't need to spend a minute worrying about them because they won't amount to anything :smile: Just focus on doing well in your GCSEs, and you'll be fine. After a few years have passed, you will look back on it (if you remember it that is) and think how silly it was to waste all that time thinking about it :tongue:
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by drea135
I am a girl & I'm 15 years old.

I've been having this problem for a long time but whenever I like someone & they say they like me, any thought of being with them makes me sick to my stomach & sometimes I want to throw up. Then I start to ignore & hate them which I really hate about myself but I just can't help it like I've tried so hard but something's wrong. I can never get in a proper relationship because of this feeling of sickness. Does anyone else have this? Is this normal? Can someone explain this to me?

sounds like when what you desire starts to become a reality that desire transforms to fear/dread as deep down in some way a relationship terrifies you..
i love you

Feel better?
Reply 7
Original post by Moonzyx
I guess it's the principle of obtaining what you want that makes you feel that way:

Desiring something/ someone in your case will get your expectations high and you'll feel a sense of "Wowww this is amazing" etc. but once you get what you desired all that fades away.

Anyways what you can do is just give it more time probably. If you wait a while trying to obtain something and put much effort in it I'm pretty sure once you get it you'll be able to cherish it. You might just be going too fast in telling someone you like them/ them being too quick in telling you they like you.

That does really make sense, so I guess in a way I was in it for the chase? But there was this one guy that I liked for 3-4 years & then I finally told him & said he liked me too, I started feeling sick after that & now I completely ruined any relationship even friendship between us because I felt so disgusted.
Reply 8
Original post by RedGiant
I know relationships probably seem like a massive deal to you (as you're in year 10 or 11), but honestly, they mean nothing. You don't need to spend a minute worrying about them because they won't amount to anything :smile: Just focus on doing well in your GCSEs, and you'll be fine. After a few years have passed, you will look back on it (if you remember it that is) and think how silly it was to waste all that time thinking about it :tongue:

I'm just really worried that this feeling will never go away & that when I get older I will never be able to get in a relationship. Don't get me wrong though I am totally focused on my school but this has been always haunting me at the back of my mind & I wanna be "fixed".
Reply 9
Original post by ANM775
sounds like when what you desire starts to become a reality that desire transforms to fear/dread as deep down in some way a relationship terrifies you..

That sounds about right. But I don't know how to overcome it.
same
Reply 11
Original post by Anonymous

The thing is I'm always focused on my education & getting into college but on the side when I get these sick feelings I feel horrible as a person & I'm worried that when I get older & mature I will never be able to have a normal relationship.
Reply 12
Original post by drea135
That does really make sense, so I guess in a way I was in it for the chase? But there was this one guy that I liked for 3-4 years & then I finally told him & said he liked me too, I started feeling sick after that & now I completely ruined any relationship even friendship between us because I felt so disgusted.

I really think it is for the chase, wanting to obtain something you can't at first is what your subconscious might find exciting in a way.

For that guy of 3-4 years did you know him well or was he just a random friend? Maybe you just realise that you don't actually like the guy but you're only attached to him or maybe after having expressed each of your feelings from both sides, you feel awkward knowing someone feels the same way towards you ?

Honestly don't trip about this, when you'll really like the right person and that that person will like you, things will work out, you just haven't met him yet ^^
Original post by faloodeh
same

People like you??
Original post by TheGoodPharaoh
People like you??

savage
Reply 15
I feel the same way and idk how to overcome it, I've liked this guy for like a year and a half now and he says he "kinda likes me" and all my friends and his friends say he likes me but idk what to do and I want to be in a relationship kinda but like when I think of it I kinda ant at the same time :/
Omggg I’m 15 tooo and u legit just explained how I always feel like on the daily omg I hate it!!!
(edited 6 years ago)
I definitely used to get this! More so when I was younger.
I think at some point it's worth pushing through it to just give it a try, if you really do like a guy. You can always reassure yourself that committing to a few dates isn't tying you down for life. You can still back out.
I used to feel the exact same way. Ended up getting i ton a relationship at 18 though and still being with him made me feel sick. So the feeling didn't go but I ignored it- still felt suffocated until I broke up with him 2 months later. Now I'm 20 and single and loving it:biggrin:
Reply 19
Original post by Moonzyx
I really think it is for the chase, wanting to obtain something you can't at first is what your subconscious might find exciting in a way.

For that guy of 3-4 years did you know him well or was he just a random friend? Maybe you just realise that you don't actually like the guy but you're only attached to him or maybe after having expressed each of your feelings from both sides, you feel awkward knowing someone feels the same way towards you ?

Honestly don't trip about this, when you'll really like the right person and that that person will like you, things will work out, you just haven't met him yet ^^

I was close to him & we were friends but I think overtime I probably liked the thought of being with him but the reality of it made me scared.But, Thank you so much, that makes me feel a lot better :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending