The Student Room Group

How many a levels do I need for chemistry bachelor?

I'm currently doing maths and chemistry a level
Reply 1
Reply 2
Original post by Baaah

What third subject can I do
Reply 3
Biology would compliment it well but that's three very difficult subjects to take.
Reply 4
Original post by Rawaann

Whatever you like, enjoy, and can do well at.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Maths, Physics & Chemistry OR
Food Technology, Electronics & Chemistry OR
Sociology, Environmental Science, Chemistry OR
Economics, Computer Science & Chemistry
They are all acceptable routes into the study of Chemical Sciences/Chemistry
Reply 6
Original post by adamantacademic
Maths, Physics & Chemistry OR
Food Technology, Electronics & Chemistry OR
Sociology, Environmental Science, Chemistry OR
Economics, Computer Science & Chemistry
They are all acceptable routes into the study of Chemical Sciences/Chemistry

And so would History or Geography or Art or Drama or whatever. Anything will be absolutely fine as a 3rd A-level.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by Rawaann

Basically anything, because the only requirements (from what I know are only Chemistry and Maths).

I'd recommend picking either physics or biology as your 3rd, simply because there are strong links to both. There will probably be biochemistry modules or physics related topics that are options that can be chosen.

(By the way, this information can be found on university websites. Why do you want to do a degree in chemistry and not be willing to do a simple search?)
I would advise you to go and look at the specific course at your preferred university. If you don't know yet, just research a general amount of university and their specific subject grades requirements as well as any subject requirements.
Original post by Doonesbury
So would History or Geography or Art or Drama or whatever be absolutely fine as a 3rd A-level.

Yep most Unis only ask for 2 sciences(Sometimes the 2nd can be less sciencey) and they let you decide the last, History or Geography would be excellent as a third since they are both facilitating subjects.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Original post by Wikia
Biology would compliment it well but that's three very difficult subjects to take.

I dropped bio yesterday:smile:
Reply 11
Original post by adamantacademic
Yep most Unis only ask for 2 sciences(Sometimes the 2nd can be less sciencey) and they let you decide the last, History or Geography would be excellent as a third since they are both facilitating subjects.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It wasn't a question, it was a statement.

But I'll edit for clarity :wink:
Original post by Rawaann
I'm currently doing maths and chemistry a level

Maths + Chem for sure, the 3rd one doesn't matter much just choose something you're good at and will enjoy. Maybe add another science as it will give you extra possibilities in case you want to change your mind later on.

Quick Reply

Latest