The Student Room Group

I have no confidence in what my teacher is teaching me

My DT teacher left last year. He was absolutely amazing. Taught us most of what we needed to know and got us started on out yr 11 coursework projects. Now, a new teacher has taken over and I am genuinely worried about what the outcome is going to be in August.

The said teacher has gone from teaching Edexcel Graphic Products to AQA Resistant Materials. The theory notes she is giving us as we go along are all mainly from the previous course she taught at her old school. They all say 'Edexcel GP' in the header. I've now resorted to teaching myself the theory from the AQA-Approved textbook issued by my first teacher.

My coursework is going totally tits-up too. I'm behind and very, very stressed with it all, and I am really worried that what she's telling me is 'perfectly fine' is actually pretty mediocre. I was predicted an A by her, but an A* by my first teacher. My design work is far from ideal and I'm really worried that I'm not going to do very well at all.

Does anyone have any advice?? It would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Reply 1
Is there any other staff in the dt department you could get help from ?
Can you stay after school to fix ?
Ask your parents to complain ?
Reply 2
Original post by qam
Is there any other staff in the dt department you could get help from ?
Can you stay after school to fix ?
Ask your parents to complain ?

1. unfortunately they're the only teacher in the department
2. i could but she'll just be telling me the same crap over and over again and i'll get nowhere
3. she's one of those teachers where it will get worse if you say anything

i hate to be awkward and thank you for helping!
Reply 3
bump
You might well have to speak to the program teacher and give feedback to the tutorial teacher too.
Reply 5
Original post by ismailali
You might well have to speak to the program teacher and give feedback to the tutorial teacher too.

program and tutorial teachers???? dumb gcse student language please :colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending