The Student Room Group

Btec extended diploma it

Guys I am very stressed so need help out here. I am in the first year of my BTEC course (90 Credit Diploma). I was stuck at a task and it was M1 for unit 11 system analysis and design and I think that I didn't get the grade. So my question was that minimum I want to get is DDD so if I get all grades for other assignments for other units then will I be still able to get those DDD or better.

Thanks
Original post by waqaspk3
Guys I am very stressed so need help out here. I am in the first year of my BTEC course (90 Credit Diploma). I was stuck at a task and it was M1 for unit 11 system analysis and design and I think that I didn't get the grade. So my question was that minimum I want to get is DDD so if I get all grades for other assignments for other units then will I be still able to get those DDD or better.

Thanks

You have to do the calculation which is very complicated. It would help if youve only dipped to merit. As theres scope for D*D*D* I think you would still have a chance with no other slip ups.

These are the ways to calculate your diploma.

https://qualifications.pearson.com/content/dam/pdf/BTEC-Nationals/Performing-Arts/2010/Specification/Nationals-Performing-supplementary-credit-and-grading-notes.pdf
(edited 6 years ago)
Ok have checked for you and yes if you got distinction in every other module, then you could get DDD and higher grades.
Reply 3
For DDD in the entire course you need 1500/1620 where each module counts as 70 (pass), 80 (merit) or 90 (dist)

Total up your units and see if you're on track, even with a pass in your unit 11 you can still get DDD. Try working it out for your first year grades where if you have 750/810 you're on track for DDD

Hope this helps :smile:
(edited 6 years ago)
I did BTEC extended diploma in IT, and I got D*D*D, I had one Merit and one Pass the rest were Distinctions. So you are on track to get good BTEC grades.
Also BTEC isn't very difficult either when I was doing mine, there was only coursework. I don't if this has changed, because bi have hearing that BTEC has introduced exams :/.
Reply 6
Original post by MrCalendar
Also BTEC isn't very difficult either when I was doing mine, there was only coursework. I don't if this has changed, because bi have hearing that BTEC has introduced exams :/.

Yeah they changed the BTEC, the people just starting it this year now have examinations and coursework that is related to things that used to be on the second year of the course. I actually read a paper and marking scheme for that course (I am in the second year of the old curriculum) and I honestly pity them. Knowing the types who usually are doing the BTEC I feel a lot of people are gonna struggle to get the marks, if only because of their literacy.
Reply 7
Original post by Erebus_C
Yeah they changed the BTEC, the people just starting it this year now have examinations and coursework that is related to things that used to be on the second year of the course. I actually read a paper and marking scheme for that course (I am in the second year of the old curriculum) and I honestly pity them. Knowing the types who usually are doing the BTEC I feel a lot of people are gonna struggle to get the marks, if only because of their literacy.

Well then I guess that I am very lucky because our year is the last year to do the 2010 one, where there are no exams.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending