The Student Room Group

RAF Application - WSOp

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by darklegendo
This is exactly what I have been looking for.

I originally applied as an airman and passed my AST but I was told aircrew is the way to go so I applied for WSOp a few days ago. I wasn't sure if the WSOp role was to be trained for the P-8 Poseidon but i'm glad it is and I can only hope I will be streamed to it.

I also have a general question. After NCAITC and your base training for aircrew do you have a choice on what branch of WSOp and aircraft you can be streamed to or do they just stream you to what they need?

Hello,

in answer to your question it depends on the manning need at the time. They will try to give everyone their preferences, but it doesn't always turn out that way, but in saying that there is a large ISTAR capability gap to fill at the moment.

Just a side note you are in the very early stages, i would get CBAT out of the way before you start thinking any further down the line.
Original post by TheHog
Hello,

in answer to your question it depends on the manning need at the time. They will try to give everyone their preferences, but it doesn't always turn out that way, but in saying that there is a large ISTAR capability gap to fill at the moment.

Just a side note you are in the very early stages, i would get CBAT out of the way before you start thinking any further down the line.

Thanks for the quick reply and advice!
Reply 62
Anyone else finding themselves in the further consideration sift for WSOp having completed OASC?

Its a long shot, but does anyone know when the board are meeting to sift for Non Commissioned Aircrew?

Completed OASC 29/10/2017 so any questions on the WSOp application process fire away!
Original post by MrT89
Anyone else finding themselves in the further consideration sift for WSOp having completed OASC?

Its a long shot, but does anyone know when the board are meeting to sift for Non Commissioned Aircrew?

Completed OASC 29/10/2017 so any questions on the WSOp application process fire away!

I think I've read somewhere that they're restructuring the Generic WSOp course which is causing the delays, but I may be wrong.
Hopefully the delay isn't at NCAITC level as I really don't want the delay for NCC!!
Reply 64
Original post by jamesbb93
I think I've read somewhere that they're restructuring the Generic WSOp course which is causing the delays, but I may be wrong.
Hopefully the delay isn't at NCAITC level as I really don't want the delay for NCC!!

Yeah I've heard similar, speaking to OASC control they did mention that a lot of the delays for WSOp places are trying to find courses that line up with Halton, NCAITC and Generic that don't leave long holds. I've only been waiting in the further consideration sift for 5 weeks and it's already dragging!

Have you got yourself a place?
Reply 65
Does anyone know anything more about the restructuring of the Generic Course? I have heard similar from friends but have not seen anything "official". Currently prepping for my interview!
Reply 66
Original post by WRJ11
Does anyone know anything more about the restructuring of the Generic Course? I have heard similar from friends but have not seen anything "official". Currently prepping for my interview!

Unfortunately nothing has been published yet so not a huge amount of information is available, at least not online yet.

Booking a familiarisation visit with 45sqn in Cranwell will teach you a lot about it, but I know for my interview I indicated an awareness of imminent change but until it is made public I stuck with whats published on the official RAF site/any extra provided on fam visits - seemed to go down well! I am led to believe that they are combining generic with the various streamings as steaming is now set to take place during NCAITC. Purely speculation but I would hazard a guess its to do with all the various new aircraft and assets - particularly in ISTAR that prompted this restructure - Poseidon, Protector etc. I could well be wrong on that though so wouldn't necessarily quote me on it!
Reply 67
Original post by MrT89
Unfortunately nothing has been published yet so not a huge amount of information is available, at least not online yet.

Booking a familiarisation visit with 45sqn in Cranwell will teach you a lot about it, but I know for my interview I indicated an awareness of imminent change but until it is made public I stuck with whats published on the official RAF site/any extra provided on fam visits - seemed to go down well! I am led to believe that they are combining generic with the various streamings as steaming is now set to take place during NCAITC. Purely speculation but I would hazard a guess its to do with all the various new aircraft and assets - particularly in ISTAR that prompted this restructure - Poseidon, Protector etc. I could well be wrong on that though so wouldn't necessarily quote me on it!

Hello!
Thanks for your reply, coincidently my AFCO rang me to confirm some things and they have provided me insight on the new structure. Can anyone tell me if its breaching TSR or RAF rules if I post a photo of the new structure?

Cheers!
Reply 68
Original post by WRJ11
Hello!
Thanks for your reply, coincidently my AFCO rang me to confirm some things and they have provided me insight on the new structure. Can anyone tell me if its breaching TSR or RAF rules if I post a photo of the new structure?

Cheers!

I would advise the anyone who wants it DM you and share via email? Rather than a public post?
Reply 69
Original post by JP286
I would advise the anyone who wants it DM you and share via email? Rather than a public post?

Sounds like a good plan! In short, it looks like they have tried to condense it slightly which will hopefully make the process more streamlined!
What do you think is considered a competitive CBAT score for Wsop?
Reply 71
hi mate, don't suppose you would be able to pm me in regards to the CBAT? cheers
Original post by tl1410
hi mate, don't suppose you would be able to pm me in regards to the CBAT? cheers

Thread hasn't been posted in in over a year, most won't be around any more. Ask your question here, other people might be able to help.

Quick Reply

Latest