The Student Room Group

2018 Veterinary applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by robot no.01
How did they contact you? And did you hand your ucas/wes in particularly early? 😊

by email-telling me to check my EASE account. My ucas got sent on the 9th october and my wes was sent on the 15th october
Has anyone heard anything from Bristol? Interview wise?
Original post by horses543
Has anyone heard anything from Bristol? Interview wise?

Bristol aren't interviewing this year, except for international students I think, but they did send an email out the other day saying they were still considering applications so I don't think many people have heard yet and we probably won't for a few weeks. A few people got offers at the very start but I haven't heard of anyone getting them recently.
I spoke to Bristol today and they said unfortunately the admissions team can't yet give us a rough idea of when they might be starting to give out offers but that they are still interviewing the overseas students. Guess we just have to wait until their interviews are done before they start making decisions.
NOTTS REJECTED ALSO!!!!! I seriously don't understand... I'm a french applicant and basically had A*A*A predicted... This is drivng me nuts!! Well done to those who have been invited to interview! best of luck :wink:
Original post by VictiniCup
What we're your predicted grades?

I’m in my third year of a degree in Animal Management currently, so did my a levels a few years ago... they weren’t good (C, D, D) so that’s why. Going to retake my A levels next year and apply again ☺️
Original post by LuBabaChica
I’m in my third year of a degree in Animal Management currently, so did my a levels a few years ago... they weren’t good (C, D, D) so that’s why. Going to retake my A levels next year and apply again ☺️
I'm a grad and Nottingham told me not to bother appying because i had BBC a level 🙄
Original post by sos3095
I'm a grad and Nottingham told me not to bother appying because i had BBC a level 🙄

Crazy isn’t it. Just because your a levels aren’t particularly great doesn’t mean you’re not academic... what degree did you do? Have you got any interviews/offers elsewhere?
Original post by Zaffy123
I got an offer yesterday

Where from? :smile: And congratulations!!
(edited 6 years ago)
From surrey, was interviewed on saturday. :smile:
Original post by Luci_00
Where from? :smile: And congratulations!!
Reply 2130
Original post by Soco_Soco
Hi guys!! I hope everyone is still staying positive and managing all the wait!! I had my Surrey interview last Saturday and I have to say that everyone was absolutely amazing! Very friendly atmosphere so don't worry too much when you have yours! I am still waiting to hear from RVC (for the accelerated course) and Bristol :frown: anyone still waiting for the WEPAPA form or that received it last week? (just trying to stay positive here!) Good luck to everyone and in the meantime i feel like we should start yoga or meditation to deal with all this anticipation :biggrin: lol :biggrin:

I'm still waiting for Bristol questionnaire :/
From surrey, was interviewed on saturday. :smile:

Cool!!! How did it go?? :biggrin: I am in year 12 and want to apply next year do you have any advice?
Those of you that have been rejected by nottingham has your track updated yet?
ooo gosh, work hard, get lots of varied work experience!
Original post by Catlover0161
Cool!!! How did it go?? :biggrin: I am in year 12 and want to apply next year do you have any advice?
Original post by LuBabaChica
Crazy isn’t it. Just because your a levels aren’t particularly great doesn’t mean you’re not academic... what degree did you do? Have you got any interviews/offers elsewhere?

BioVeterinary science. Have interviews at Liverpool Surrey and rvc. Waiting to hear back. :smile:
ooo gosh, work hard, get lots of varied work experience!

Thanks a lot! What work experience did you do? And is surrey your first choice?
Original post by sos3095
BioVeterinary science. Have interviews at Liverpool Surrey and rvc. Waiting to hear back. :smile:

Oh that’s great! Good luck! ☺️
Original post by idree5
Those of you that have been rejected by nottingham has your track updated yet?

Not yet. My email said that track will update if they have not heard back from me by Dec 20th regarding a course transfer.
I have just received an interview from RVC, are people bringing guests or going on their own. Also what do I wear?
I worked at a racing stables, did equine and mixed practise experience, went to a research institute to learn about veterinary research. Lots and lots of lambing and calving. Do something that stands out, go to an abattoir or research or racing, something different :smile:

Original post by Catlover0161
Thanks a lot! What work experience did you do? And is surrey your first choice?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending