The Student Room Group
Edge Hill University
Edge Hill University
Ormskirk
Visit website

Worried my predicted grades aren't good enough for my course.

Hi,

So I've applied for Paramedic Practice at Edge Hill Universiry and the grades they require to study the course is BBB. However, my predicted grades are BBC (Biology - B, Psychology - B, Chemistry - C) and I fear they won't be good enough for me to get in.

I've worked really hard to making my personal statement as strong as possible and I am hugely passionate about not only becoming a paramedic but also studying at Edge Hill, their course really appeals to me. I doubt my GCSE grades will affect anything but at GCSE I got: 1A*, 1 Distinction, 3As, 6Bs and 2Cs.

Does anyone think my predicted grades will just throw away any chances now? Please help!
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 1
Not at all !! Normally people with one below gets conditional offers :smile:

:console::console::hugs::hugs::love::lovie::macarena:
Edge Hill University
Edge Hill University
Ormskirk
Visit website
Hi L0st45, hope you're well!

Paramedic Practice is a competitive course, however that doesn't mean you absolutely need to achieve BBB to get in. If your application (especially your personal statement) is strong, it can make a big difference. My advice would be to display your passion for studying Paramedic Practice throughout your application. This could include any extracurricular activities you've done, anything you did during school, etc. I wouldn't be too hung up on being one grade lower.

Good luck, let me know if you have any more questions!

Alex
Reply 3
Original post by Edge Hill University
Hi L0st45, hope you're well!

Paramedic Practice is a competitive course, however that doesn't mean you absolutely need to achieve BBB to get in. If your application (especially your personal statement) is strong, it can make a big difference. My advice would be to display your passion for studying Paramedic Practice throughout your application. This could include any extracurricular activities you've done, anything you did during school, etc. I wouldn't be too hung up on being one grade lower.

Good luck, let me know if you have any more questions!

Alex

Hi Alex,

I’m in a bit of a predicament and I could really do with some advice. If I was fortunate enough to be shortlisted and invited for an interview to study Paramedic Practice at Edge Hill University (my first choice for university) I am concerned that, because I live four hours away from where the interview venue is, I may not be able to secure transport in time to attend the first interview date available, should it be two weeks in advance from consideration and shortlisting of my application. If this was the case, and I was unable to attend the original date and time offered from the university, would I be able to request a different date and time for the interview, or would that be unacceptable?

Furthermore, I have booked my driving test in for 25 January, and I am fully aware that I am required to present a full driving licence at the interview stage. Would it be worth delaying my application being sent off until January so that, if I am fortunate enough to receive an interview, it would be more likely to be in February/March time? If the interview was to be in February/March, this would also give me more time to book accommodation and transport for the interview. I’m confident and hopeful that I will pass my driving test.

Many thanks, L0st45
Hi L0st45,

I've contacted our Admissions team for a bit more info on this, and I'll get back to you shortly.

Alex
Original post by L0st45
Hi Alex,

I’m in a bit of a predicament and I could really do with some advice. If I was fortunate enough to be shortlisted and invited for an interview to study Paramedic Practice at Edge Hill University (my first choice for university) I am concerned that, because I live four hours away from where the interview venue is, I may not be able to secure transport in time to attend the first interview date available, should it be two weeks in advance from consideration and shortlisting of my application. If this was the case, and I was unable to attend the original date and time offered from the university, would I be able to request a different date and time for the interview, or would that be unacceptable?

Furthermore, I have booked my driving test in for 25 January, and I am fully aware that I am required to present a full driving licence at the interview stage. Would it be worth delaying my application being sent off until January so that, if I am fortunate enough to receive an interview, it would be more likely to be in February/March time? If the interview was to be in February/March, this would also give me more time to book accommodation and transport for the interview. I’m confident and hopeful that I will pass my driving test.

Many thanks, L0st45

Hi again L0st45,

I've spoken to a member of our Admissions team, who's provided some more info. If you can't make the interview, you can reschedule by emailing [email protected]. Unfortunately, all Paramedic Practice interviews are at 9am only. If you're concerned about being late, they've recommended staying in a hotel or B&B, although I understand this might not be convenient. Interviews run until March, so while you can send your application off now, you may need to delay it if you don't have your license on time.

Alex

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending