The Student Room Group

2018 Veterinary applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by VictiniCup
Who has received an offer from nottingham?

I doubt anyone has, interviews probably won't start until Jan/Feb. Seems to only be rejections so far
JUST GOT AN OFFER FROM BRISTOL :biggrin:
so happy it was prob my fave from the open days

Spoiler

Original post by CrazyPantha27
Has anyone received any Nottingham rejections today? Or was the purge only Monday and yesterday?

for me it was yesteday:rip:
Has anyone noticed when attending interviews how there are many more girls than boys interviewing and yet on the tours after interview the ratio of boys to girls studying vet med are very equal.

It would seem to me that if you are a boy the chances of an interview/offer are greater purely because there are fewer applying.
Reply 2244
Original post by redonks
JUST GOT AN OFFER FROM BRISTOL :biggrin:
so happy it was prob my fave from the open days

Spoiler

When did you send off your WEPA form if you don't mind me asking? :smile:
Original post by Batshitcrazy
Has anyone noticed when attending interviews how there are many more girls than boys interviewing and yet on the tours after interview the ratio of boys to girls studying vet med are very equal.

It would seem to me that if you are a boy the chances of an interview/offer are greater purely because there are fewer applying.

This isn't the case as far as I know, I actually asked this at two open days and both said their admissions are respective of that of the ratio applied. It's generally 80:20, at LPool atleast.
Original post by brrrigid
I can definitely understand where you’re coming from - we all know just how much work is involved and it must suck for you for RVC to not to even recognise that :frown:

Where else have you applied? :smile:

RVC - Rejection
Cambridge - Interview, 12th
Edinburgh - No Info yet, UK applicant
Liverpool - went for Interview today
What about you?
Original post by Gabrielle.cooper
Got a rejection from Notts D100 but also applied for the gateway year and not heard anything from them about that?? Anyone been rejected from the gateway year D190??

Me.
Original post by 00red5023
RVC - Rejection
Cambridge - Interview, 12th
Edinburgh - No Info yet, UK applicant
Liverpool - went for Interview today
What about you?

Surrey - interview - offer (AAB)
Liverpool - interview - waiting for answer
RVC - interview - yet to attend
Nottingham - not yet heard back

Still have no idea of which one would be my first choice if I get more than one offer haha
Surrey - interview - offer (AAB)
Liverpool - interview - waiting for answer
RVC - interview - yet to attend
Nottingham - not yet heard back

Still have no idea of which one would be my first choice if I get more than one offer haha

That's a great turnout, congratulations. Getting the Surrey offer's so encouraging, just got to work on your A levels I guess :smile:
Are you doing them rn? if you are which are you taking?
Just received an offer from Surrey!! So happy as it's my second year applying after my A-levels weren't up to scratch last year! Never give up folks!
Original post by 00red5023
That's a great turnout, congratulations. Getting the Surrey offer's so encouraging, just got to work on your A levels I guess :smile:
Are you doing them rn? if you are which are you taking?

It is, aha - and I am doing my alevels this year. Art, biology and chemistry :smile:
What about you?
It is, aha - and I am doing my alevels this year. Art, biology and chemistry :smile:
What about you?

oooo art sounds cool, I wish I did art :frown:
I do Physics Maths Chem and Bio
Original post by Sherbie555
Just received an offer from Surrey!! So happy as it's my second year applying after my A-levels weren't up to scratch last year! Never give up folks!

Yessssss congratulations :smile:)))))))

Omg congrats!! Did you get the offer this evening? That’s amazing
Original post by hedgehoghog
Omg congrats!! Did you get the offer this evening? That’s amazing

Thank you, I still can't believe it! I had my interview on Saturday and the offer came through this evening
Thank you, I still can't believe it! I had my interview on Saturday and the offer came through this evening

That’s amazing! I also had my interview then and I’m a gap year applicant so hopefully I hear something soon :smile: you must be super happy! Good luck for the rest of your offers
Original post by LV99
When did you send off your WEPA form if you don't mind me asking? :smile:

7th november i think :smile:
Original post by hedgehoghog
That’s amazing! I also had my interview then and I’m a gap year applicant so hopefully I hear something soon :smile: you must be super happy! Good luck for the rest of your offers

I'm sure you will! Good luck to you also
Reply 2259
Original post by r33ves1986
Do you know how many will be interviewed vs places available?

I really like Liverpool but feel I messed up my interview :frown:

Around 750 interviews, 160 or so places, not sure how many offers sorry! I'd guess 300 or so?

Quick Reply

Latest