The Student Room Group

How to avoid feeling faint in hot classrooms

I have a couple of classrooms at my school with no windows (they got sealed shut so we cant open them) and its right by cooking so obviously this makes the room really hot and stuffy and theres no air conditioning. How should I avoid fainting in these conditions because it’s affecting my work because I can never concentrate??
Keep yourself hydrated and talk to the school, maybe they can put some fans in there to keep it a bit cooler.
Take your jumper / blazer off.
Original post by Anonymous
I have a couple of classrooms at my school with no windows (they got sealed shut so we cant open them) and its right by cooking so obviously this makes the room really hot and stuffy and theres no air conditioning. How should I avoid fainting in these conditions because it’s affecting my work because I can never concentrate??

I always hated this! Let the teacher know, because they might be able to help or at least allow you to leave the room when it's too much. Is there air conditioning in the room that they could play with? If not, suggest it. If it's making people ill, they really need to look into that. Make sure you drink plenty of water through the day and keep sipping throughout classes like this so that you don't get dehydrated
Original post by Anonymous

Take a bottle of water with you
I've fainted in classrooms before, I was told that schools are not allowed to have new Air Con systems fitted due to costs!

Bring on Labour!!
Original post by chelseadagg3r
I always hated this! Let the teacher know, because they might be able to help or at least allow you to leave the room when it's too much. Is there air conditioning in the room that they could play with? If not, suggest it. If it's making people ill, they really need to look into that. Make sure you drink plenty of water through the day and keep sipping throughout classes like this so that you don't get dehydrated

I just wish that more classrooms had A/C to being with

Quick Reply

Latest