The Student Room Group

Do I have a male brain?

I dont know why but Ive never liked things like buying or wrapping presents at christmas. For birthdays I just grab what i can and put it in a gift bag the day before i see it as a chore. Ive never been great at decorating things im not too bothered about christmas decorations.

Last year me and my bf and I got the xmas gifts last minute and he seemed a bit flustered but i stayed cool and just grabbed what i could lol. Im not bothered about things like clothing/makeup my mum always says i dont fold things neatly and that i dont bother with myself or my hair but i dont even notice. Im not young im in my late twenties. My bf thinks its odd because i dont have a handbag. I sork in healthcare but am not chit chatty and struggle with thingd like helping patients to dress and making beds

Is there something wrong with me, I think i have a male brain. I only focus on work, the gym and improving myself, obviously looking out for family when i can.

Scroll to see replies

You're a girl, so no.
Maybe someone came along in your sleep and swapped your brain, go check for any scars or stitches

Hi ckfeister
Reply 3
Original post by ckfeister
You're a girl, so no.

Thats what i tell my bf when he says im like a man I point out that females can present with a variety if traits like theres no such thing as fixed male/female characteristics.
Original post by Anonymous
I dont know why but Ive never liked things like buying or wrapping presents at christmas. For birthdays I just grab what i can and put it in a gift bag the day before i see it as a chore. Ive never been great at decorating things im not too bothered about christmas decorations.

Last year me and my bf and I got the xmas gifts last minute and he seemed a bit flustered but i stayed cool and just grabbed what i could lol. Im not bothered about things like clothing/makeup my mum always says i dont fold things neatly and that i dont bother with myself or my hair but i dont even notice. Im not young im in my late twenties. My bf thinks its odd because i dont have a handbag. I sork in healthcare but am not chit chatty and struggle with thingd like helping patients to dress and making beds

Is there something wrong with me, I think i have a male brain. I only focus on work, the gym and improving myself, obviously looking out for family when i can.

hey!! i too am a girl, and i also have some of these traits (not chit chatty/don't fold things neatly)

i don't think this means we have a male brain? it's just that we don't fall into the social stereotype of what a typical girl is meant to act like and what she should be good at.
Maybe someone came along in your sleep and swapped your brain, go check for any scars or stitches

Hi ckfeister

:rofl: and hi
Reply 6
I didn't even know there was such thing as a male/female brain...i thought a brain was just a brain o_0...is this a real thing?!...and does that make your boyfriend gay for liking you? I NEED ANSWERS!

But really i don't think you should worry too much about it lol...everyone is different in their own unique little ways! :smile:
The idea that there's a male and female way to behave is complete *******s, so no.
Reply 8

Hi ckfeister

I found a bald patch last year (bit of alopecia apparantly) I though hell im even going bald like a bloke :tongue:
m8 I LOVE wrapping presents, it's an artform :h:
Original post by Froppy
I didn't even know there was such thing as a male/female brain...i thought a brain was just a brain o_0...is this a real thing?!...and does that make your boyfriend gay for liking you? I NEED ANSWERS!

But really i don't think you should worry too much about it lol...everyone is different in their own unique little ways! :smile:

You could very well be right, gender is always being studied. Well my bf is always goingnon about me not acting feminine but im only 5ft and a tiny build so thought this feminised me a but but it musn't do.
No you're just a bit lazy and like keeping fit
sorry i meant to say feminised (as in made me more feminine) a 'bit' lol
you may just be generally masculine like, its nothing unusual really. worse case scenario you have a mental illness so you might wanna see a gp if you're worried
Original post by It's****ingWOODY
m8 I LOVE wrapping presents, it's an artform :h:

Really? It bores me and I cant wait till the chore is over.
There was actually an interesting study put together by that doctor guy from Embarrassing Bodies, discussing masculine and feminine brains. Got nothing to do with gender identity or anything, just the common/innate behavioural characteristics of women and men, and how it falls down on the brain. Statistically men have a masculine brain and women a feminine brain, but occasionally you have it where men have a feminine brain and women a masculine brain. The guy explained it much better, but it was really interesting. Discussed how the brain type impacts our behaviour; for example: a feminine brained person tends to be more empathetic, patient, attached, and suit jobs such as teaching. If I could find it again, I would link it.
Original post by Froppy

There is and isn't, if that makes sense. The brain is a mosaic of features, some more common in women, some more common in men, but not exclusive to either. So, on the one hand it's very easy to say brains are gender neutral - more variation in than between populations, but you can have a brain thats predominately more female or more male features, and you could argue that means you have a female/male brain as in one more typical of one gender.
Original post by Bill Nye
No you're just a bit lazy and like keeping fit

Very true, I am lazy but then I can really push myself with exercise. There are women who like wrapping/delicate tasks but are too lazy to exercise.
I dont know why but Ive never liked things like...wrapping presents at christmas.

I have a very male brain and I love the challenge of wrapping a present 'perfectly'. It very much appeals to my masculine thought processes.

If any of you men haven't tried to achieve present wrapping perfection then you're missing out.

And you is no man!

(I would use a capital C for Christmas, if I were you)
Very true, I am lazy but then I can really push myself with exercise. There are women who like wrapping/delicate tasks but are too lazy to exercise.

So?

You are lazy with things that are not important to you.

Just because it isn't what most people would see a female doing doesn't mean you have a male brain

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending