The Student Room Group

Barclays online interview

Hello all,

I am in the process of applying to Barclays, under the new procedure i.e. no cv or covering letter, and was wondering if anyone had any insight into what the online interview involves please? I have done some looking around the web but all I can find is info from 2015 which appears to be prior to the change of structure to the recruitment process.

Thanks in advance!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Have you had it now? My interview is due
Reply 2
Hey, have you had it now? My interview is due as well. Please help a fellow applicant
Reply 3
any advice for their online tests?
any one know how long it takes to get a reply after the online interview? I'm pretty sure i tanked and would like to know how long it takes before they tell you
Reply 5
Hey guys, I have mine due - any help would be amazing!
Reply 6
This is probably too late for most people who posted here but I'll share my experience anyway. I applied for a graduate position in wealth and investment management. I am not sure whether the video interview varies by division and level but mine was a combination of recording answers to questions (as you normally would in a video interview) and doing some tasks - reading stuff and then doing maths problems, also if I remember correctly writing an answer to an email that I supposedly received. The questions that required a recorded answer weren't that difficult from what I remember (but I have no recollection of what was actually asked haha) but I was slightly thrown off by the other questions which required typed up/multiple choice answers. As I said, not sure whether you'll get the same layout but I hope this helps.
Reply 7
Thank you so much for the reply! This is really helpful - gives me an idea what to expect :smile: Hope the process went well for you!
Reply 8
Hello all,

I recently did the online interview for Barclays (Barclaycard International Graduate Programme). It was pretty difficult. The first section is 4 multiple choice questions where you have to choose from a number of potential conclusions. You have to base your answers on a data sheet that is provided. From what I understand the questions asked vary depending on the role you have applied for. You have 10 mins so split your time, work smart and don't panic.

There is a section where you are given 5 minutes to prepare for a 5 minute presentation where you have to give your thoughts and recommendations etc. This, again, is based on data etc etc. My one was giving recommendations relating to the type of security a new banking app should use (fingerprint, voice or pin). This is very challenging and I understand content of the presentation varies from role to role.

You are also asked to reply to an email you receive from a colleague/superior (can't remember which lol) that is criticising a report you wrote or recommendations you gave. This shouldn't be difficult.

At one point you are also asked to record a video response to a superior who has told you that a report written by you and your colleagues is strewn with errors. Respond appropriately, don't play the blame game etc.

The video questions give you 30 seconds to prepare then 3 mins to answer. Why barclays? Why this role/financial services? What challenges are faced by the area you are applying to? There was one more question that I can't remember tbh.

Good luck !
Reply 9
Original post by Haq93
Thank you so much for the reply! This is really helpful - gives me an idea what to expect :smile: Hope the process went well for you!

Good luck! I was fortunate enough to secure a place at Barclays, so if you eventually have questions about later stages of the process, let me know :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by avddz
Good luck! I was fortunate enough to secure a place at Barclays, so if you eventually have questions about later stages of the process, let me know :smile:

That would be amazing, thank you!
Hey! :smile: How long did you have to wait to receive a reply after the video interview? Also, which division did you apply for?
Reply 12
Original post by avddz

Hey, I ended up making it through to the Assessment centre! I was wondering if you could give me some advice on how to prepare? Thank you!
Reply 13
Original post by grantedfre
Hey! :smile: How long did you have to wait to receive a reply after the video interview? Also, which division did you apply for?

Hey, I heard back about 2 days later - I'm going for the emerging technologist role :smile:
Reply 14
Barclays are themed questions that try and put you in role. Prepare the usual, why Barc, why the role etc and brush up on technicals,
Reply 15
Original post by Haq93
Hey, I ended up making it through to the Assessment centre! I was wondering if you could give me some advice on how to prepare? Thank you!

Huge congrats! Do you want to drop me a message and then I can give you some advice?
Reply 16
Original post by ocf32
Barclays are themed questions that try and put you in role. Prepare the usual, why Barc, why the role etc and brush up on technicals,

That's really helpful, thank you! I'll make I brush up on all that :smile:
Reply 17
Original post by avddz
Huge congrats! Do you want to drop me a message and then I can give you some advice?

Hey, thank you! That would be amazing, I've pm'd you :smile:
Reply 18
Original post by Haq93
Hey, thank you! That would be amazing, I've pm'd you :smile:

Same here if I can add anything, had AC just a few months back
Reply 19
Original post by ocf32
Same here if I can add anything, had AC just a few months back

That would be amazing thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest