The Student Room Group

I'm leaving TSR in January... AMA

Poll

Should Captain Jack leave the good ship TSR by...

'Tis true me hearties, it's time for me to hang up me parrot, toss aside me compass and pass on me fake hook (as I still have hands).

It's been a real privilege working for you all over the last six years I have to say. I've always loved communities and what they can do for each other and achieve together, that's why I joined TSR in the first place. Yet TSR is the most unique and wonderful community of them all. You do so much good for each other. I believe above all things in equality and I see that everyday on here which makes the world feel like a better place.

Thank you to everyone who made me feel so welcome from day one. It's been fun :biggrin:

I leave you in the very capable hands of the Community Team, Support Team and the rest of the TSR crew.

I'm off to set up a garden design studio and to focus on nature writing (I can be found at www.jackwallington.com and on www.twitter.com/jackwallington).

Peace out - and remember that anything is possible if you work hard for it together.

Captain Jack
:pirate3:

Scroll to see replies

say it ain't so Cap'n

[scrollr]:captain:[/scrollr]

:emo:
Original post by the bear
say it ain't so Cap'n

[scrollr]:captain:[/scrollr]

:emo:

'tis so bear :ashamed2: me sea legs ain't what they used to be, me knees cannee rest on me peg leg no more
no wayyyy, even tho ur constant emails were so annoying about me not being active anymore, im actually gonna miss u, oh and btw if u dont mind, i might actually use ur username and that profile pic :smile:
But seriously TSR will not be the same without u, not saying the other CA's, Support teams are useless, but u were still a great helper and poster on this
U have helped alot of ppl on here
Good luck with ur gardening business and writing and always remember u will be missed and i do hope u end up coming back xxxx
Original post by Captain Jack
'tis so bear :ashamed2: me sea legs ain't what they used to be, me knees cannee rest on me peg leg no more

the poop deck won't be the same :cry2:
Reply 5
Bye Captain Jack, it's been a pleasure :sad:

[video="youtube;c8fgYXiZmAU"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8fgYXiZmAU[/video]
Best and worst thing about working for TSR?
Good luck with everything :h:

Original post by Tiger Rag

Worst thing: He had to deal with other mods.
Original post by TheGirlFelonXxXx
no wayyyy, even tho ur constant emails were so annoying about me not being active anymore, im actually gonna miss u, oh and btw if u dont mind, i might actually use ur username and that profile pic :smile:
But seriously TSR will not be the same without u, not saying the other CA's, Support teams are useless, but u were still a great helper and poster on this
U have helped alot of ppl on here
Good luck with ur gardening business and writing and always remember u will be missed and i do hope u end up coming back xxxx

Thank you TheGirlFelon, that's very kind of you :u: haha and yes, no more emails from me :lol: I'm going to miss everyone too.

Original post by the bear
the poop deck won't be the same :cry2:

It's up to you to keep that poop deck swabbed now sir.

Original post by UWS
Bye Captain Jack, it's been a pleasure :sad:

[video="youtube;c8fgYXiZmAU"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8fgYXiZmAU[/video]

GET ME TO THE DANCE MACHINE! :biggrin:

Original post by Tiger Rag

Best thing = the members and when everything goes smoothly and people are helped, and all is happy!
Worst thing = Southern trains

Best thing = the members and when everything goes smoothly and people are helped, and all is happy!

And of course me and @Fox Corner
Reply 10
Thanks for the white board eraser, the stress ball, the seeds, the pencil case, and the mug. Still waiting on that bottle of gin though. :colonhash:
Original post by Danny Dorito
And of course me and @Fox Corner

(You know it's true, I just didn't want everyone else to feel bad)

Original post by Airmed
Thanks for the white board eraser, the stress ball, the seeds, the pencil case, and the mug. Still waiting on that bottle of gin though. :colonhash:

It was my absolute pleasure!
(and oh yeah, gin! I was going to get that on the Sunday)
(You know it's true, I just didn't want everyone else to feel bad)

Please can you clear out your desk by playing daily rounds of "guess what I'm looking at?"
aw noo :cry2:
All the best with the garden stuff! Sounds awesome :gah: I remember you had a blog about it but wow hasn't the idea bloomed :mmm:

:jumphug: ur gonna be very missed :emo:

Worst thing = Southern trains

Can I please second this a gazillion times :emo:

And now for the question.

If you could be any type of sugar, which type would you be and why? Give a reference to orchards in your answer. You will be marked on your spelling, punctuation and grammar [9 marks]
Original post by jenhasdreams
Please can you clear out your desk by playing daily rounds of "guess what I'm looking at?"

seconding xD
Reply 16

It was my absolute pleasure!
(and oh yeah, gin! I was going to get that on the Sunday)

:awesome:

Alternatively, he sends it all to me, @Paracosm and @Protostar
Reply 17
How are you going to fix the app for me if you're not here?

Do you still keep in touch with J?

Do you like my garden design?
(edited 6 years ago)
'Tis true me hearties, it's time for me to hang up me parrot, toss aside me compass and pass on me fake hook (as I still have hands).

It's been a real privilege working for you all over the last six years I have to say. I've always loved communities and what they can do for each other and achieve together, that's why I joined TSR in the first place. Yet TSR is the most unique and wonderful community of them all. You do so much good for each other. I believe above all things in equality and I see that everyday on here which makes the world feel like a better place.

Thank you to everyone who made me feel so welcome from day one. It's been fun :biggrin:

I leave you in the very capable hands of the Community Team, Support Team and the rest of the TSR crew.

I'm off to set up a garden design studio and to focus on nature writing (I can be found at www.jackwallington.com and on www.twitter.com/jackwallington).

Peace out - and remember that anything is possible if you work hard for it together.

Captain Jack
:pirate3:

NO NO NO NO NOOOOOO :unimpressed: Stop lieinggg:colonhash: This can't be true:cry2::cry2::cry2:

I'm going to miss the interaction you had with us :cry:

At least we have a very well knitted community to fall back on but there will always be something missing:bawling:

Congratulations on your blog winning the garden blog of the year award! :eek::yay::yay:I had no idea this blog existed (time for some reading haha) Always loved nature and gardens (mama introduced gardeners world a long time ago haha #NigelAndNellybeToCute)

Wish you all the best to your future Captain Jack :h: And you will always be welcome here...maybe:tongue:

Can do, there's lots of great stuff in my desk draws. Amazing stuff actually!

Original post by CheeseIsVeg
aw noo :cry2:
All the best with the garden stuff! Sounds awesome :gah: I remember you had a blog about it but wow hasn't the idea bloomed :mmm:

:jumphug: ur gonna be very missed :emo:

Can I please second this a gazillion times :emo:

And now for the question.

If you could be any type of sugar, which type would you be and why? Give a reference to orchards in your answer. You will be marked on your spelling, punctuation and grammar [9 marks]

Haha the blog has grown beyond anything I imagined. Gonna miss you too CheeseIsVeg!

I would be Demerara sugar because it's fantastic for making caramel and it would work perfectly for the apples and pearsin the orchard I'm introducing to my allotment in 2018 (true fact!)

Original post by Airmed
:awesome:

Alternatively, he sends it all to me, @Paracosm and @Protostar

I'll send you the desk.

No one's getting Oi! Chantelle though. She's mine.

Original post by Juno
How are you going to fix the app for me if you're not here?

Do you still keep in touch with J?

Do you like my garden design?

The app will be looked after by the team who've been working on it so far. We're slowing down development a bit for Dec - Feb to give us time to see what works and what doesn't, and to ask more students in to try it out now it's live. Then in Feb / March we'll start up again from everything we've learnt from members.

Yes I am still in touch with J. Did you know he was my boss when we both worked at Cancer Research UK about 14 years ago? I remember him saying he was leaving and then asking what I thought of the new TSR logo.

I looove your garden design. Is that real?!

Quick Reply

Latest