The Student Room Group

Post graduate loan and leaving course

Hi,

I started a post graduate course this year In September and have decided to leave the course for a multitude of reasons.

I have received my first instalment of the loan and am using it To pay the fees etc up until leaving with the university and associated book costs and reading materials etc etc

Upon leaving obviously the uni have informed student finance which is fine.

My question is do I need to repay part of the 1st instalment thatch have received based on my time at the uni?
Original post by NickE92
Hi,

I started a post graduate course this year In September and have decided to leave the course for a multitude of reasons.

I have received my first instalment of the loan and am using it To pay the fees etc up until leaving with the university and associated book costs and reading materials etc etc

Upon leaving obviously the uni have informed student finance which is fine.

My question is do I need to repay part of the 1st instalment thatch have received based on my time at the uni?

Hi NickE92,

As you're already aware, when you withdraw from your course and we receive notification from your university, all future payments of your Postgraduate Loan (PGL) will be cancelled.

The loan payment made for the payment period in which you withdrew will be left in place. It will not be reassessed based on the number of days in the payment period up to withdrawal and there will therefore be no loan overpayment. Any payments you were entitled to will be added to your balance.

The earliest you will enter repayments for your PGL is April 2019.

Regards,

Stuart
Reply 2
Original post by Stuart SFE
Hi NickE92,

As you're already aware, when you withdraw from your course and we receive notification from your university, all future payments of your Postgraduate Loan (PGL) will be cancelled.

The loan payment made for the payment period in which you withdrew will be left in place. It will not be reassessed based on the number of days in the payment period up to withdrawal and there will therefore be no loan overpayment. Any payments you were entitled to will be added to your balance.

The earliest you will enter repayments for your PGL is April 2019.

Regards,

Stuart

Thanks so much for clearing that up for me Stuart. I was worried I'd have to go hunting to repay immediately. Puts me at ease a little!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending