The Student Room Group

2018 Veterinary applicants

Scroll to see replies

How long has it taken people to complete the WEPAPA for Bristol? The email says 30 minutes however I'm sure this is the difference between and offer or not. So should I just take my time?
Original post by r33ves1986
How long has it taken people to complete the WEPAPA for Bristol? The email says 30 minutes however I'm sure this is the difference between and offer or not. So should I just take my time?

It takes a lot longer than 30 minutes and you need to take your time to think of answers and include everything you want in the amount of space given. It took me about 3 hours.
Original post by Lucia12
Just got a reply from the RVC admissions and they have refused to offer a solid reason for rejection so anyone who was thinking about emailing don't bother 😔

I seriously can't piece this together. They've rejected applicants like myself who have ticked pretty much all the boxes. RVC was my first choice and it's really thrown me off with all the others.
I'm predicted A*A*A*A, have more than the minimum work experience and a personal statement I wrote using the bullet points specified on the Selection Process PDF so I'm really confused. Still waiting for an email saying this was all a mistake and all. It's unbelievable.
Just got an email from surrey inviting me to take part in a christmas quiz... For a second I thought it was an interview invite haha so sad

Original post by 00red5023
I seriously can't piece this together. They've rejected applicants like myself who have ticked pretty much all the boxes. RVC was my first choice and it's really thrown me off with all the others.
I'm predicted A*A*A*A, have more than the minimum work experience and a personal statement I wrote using the bullet points specified on the Selection Process PDF so I'm really confused. Still waiting for an email saying this was all a mistake and all. It's unbelievable.

Same, I've been rejected from the accelerated course and I'm on track for a 1st, which doesn't make any sense. Got an interview for the 5 year course but I don't really understand the way they're assessing the applications...
Original post by Nessie162
Just got an email from surrey inviting me to take part in a christmas quiz... For a second I thought it was an interview invite haha so sad

Me too, I got really excited for a minute haha.

Same, I've been rejected from the accelerated course and I'm on track for a 1st, which doesn't make any sense. Got an interview for the 5 year course but I don't really understand the way they're assessing the applications...

It’s seriously irritated me, I gave up everything for this and I feel I deserve more for what I’ve done in the last 2 1/2 years than a no and no response from them. Not sure what to do.
Original post by 00red5023
It’s seriously irritated me, I gave up everything for this and I feel I deserve more for what I’ve done in the last 2 1/2 years than a no and no response from them. Not sure what to do.

No new is good news. They have thousands of applications to look through.
I don't know about you, but I would prefer it if they took more time and made better decisions than rush through them...

Patience is vital as a vet. I view this waiting as good practice!!!
Has anyone else not heard anything from RVC?

I can see you're a grad applicant like myself, I too am on track for a 1st but RVC seem to be brutal this year with applications so not sure how to feel. Ive not heard anything from them and I've applied to both accelerated and normal Vet Med, not received my form from Bristol yet either. If you don't mind me asking have you thought about funding yet? I haven't given it much thought just because I think its hard enough to obtain a place and would like to focus on that first and completing my degree.
Original post by maisiepip
I can see you're a grad applicant like myself, I too am on track for a 1st but RVC seem to be brutal this year with applications so not sure how to feel. Ive not heard anything from them and I've applied to both accelerated and normal Vet Med, not received my form from Bristol yet either. If you don't mind me asking have you thought about funding yet? I haven't given it much thought just because I think its hard enough to obtain a place and would like to focus on that first and completing my degree.

I applied for deferred entry and I'm moving back home to earn money, also hoping to win a lottery along the way :p:p
Original post by maisiepip

I'm in the same boat about funding and will need to consider my options. I'm not sure what options there are. I know the royal bank of mum and dad don't have the funds lol. I'm guessing i'll have to work about three jobs!
Unless you know of any other alternatives?
Hope it works out for you! So difficult to find funding but is worth a try, hoping to be offered a place so I have the opportunity to find some! Good luck, where else have you applied? 😊
Original post by r33ves1986
I'm in the same boat about funding and will need to consider my options. I'm not sure what options there are. I know the royal bank of mum and dad don't have the funds lol. I'm guessing i'll have to work about three jobs!
Unless you know of any other alternatives?

I haven't really looked at much just on forums before I applied which seemed really negative tbh. I figured I might as well apply and cross that bridge when or even IF I come to it. It is very difficult and I feel having even one job whilst doing a veterinary degree would be very hard. I think I'll just investigate the possibilities when or if I have received an offer. I know theres career progression loans, potential limited funding from various avenues, perhaps there may be funding from companies that as long as when you graduate you work for them? I'm really not sure, but I try push it to the back of my mind at the moment until its necessary to think about.
Just got a notts interview!!!!!! 😁
Original post by CrazyPantha27

OMG amazing well done! was this via email or on your mynottingham portal?
Reply 2295

me tooo!! :smile:

Me too! When is yours? Mines 14th Feb 😋
I just got my Notts interview! I can’t stop crying!
Just got my Notts interview too!! :biggrin:
Got a Nott’s interview on the 7th Feb!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending