The Student Room Group

NHS Band 2 Lab Assistant

I have an interview for a Band 2 NHS Lab Assistant next week.
Th email I received informed me that there would be a literacy and numeracy assessment which will allow me to progress to the interview if I pass the test.
The position I applied states that I am required to be "educated to a minimum level of 5 GCSE at Grade 4 or above".
I am not sure what Grade 4 as this is a new system.
Would anyone know what the equivalent is from A-D?
And would anyone know if you are allowed to use a calculator during these assessments?
Original post by Sazzerah
I have an interview for a Band 2 NHS Lab Assistant next week.
Th email I received informed me that there would be a literacy and numeracy assessment which will allow me to progress to the interview if I pass the test.
The position I applied states that I am required to be "educated to a minimum level of 5 GCSE at Grade 4 or above".
I am not sure what Grade 4 as this is a new system.
Would anyone know what the equivalent is from A-D?
And would anyone know if you are allowed to use a calculator during these assessments?

I would leave the calculation of grades to them as they will most likely use whatever their requirements were for the old system. If you've got to this stage they obviously think you are qualified. I don't know about the calculator, sorry. Maybe email and ask?
Reply 2
Original post by alleycat393
I would leave the calculation of grades to them as they will most likely use whatever their requirements were for the old system. If you've got to this stage they obviously think you are qualified. I don't know about the calculator, sorry. Maybe email and ask?

They didn't have leave an email unfortunately, and the email I received was from HR and not the advertiser. There is a telephone number but I don'r really want to waste there time with a simple call.
I did ask around and some other people who work there have said the the tests are likely to be the ones made for 11 year olds.
I'll take a calculator with me just in case though, it shows preparation and organisation.

On a side note does anyone know if you can register with the IBMS on role like this?
Or would this be a good question to ask at the interview?
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Sazzerah
They didn't have leave an email unfortunately, and the email I received was from HR and not the advertiser. There is a telephone number but I don'r really want to waste there time with a simple call.
I did ask around and some other people who work there have said the the tests are likely to be the ones made for 11 year olds.
I'll take a calculator with me just in case though, it shows preparation and organisation.

On a side note does anyone know if you can register with the IBMS on role like this?
Or would this be a good question to ask at the interview?

Just tagging in @TraineeBMS who may be able to help
This grade of IBMS Membership would be applicable to yourself.

https://www.ibms.org/join/join-ibms/associate/

You don't actually have to be working in a lab to have that level of membership, just have an interest in the area.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending