The Student Room Group

how are people finding chemistry

so how are you finding it people.
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
Original post by sertyuer
so how are you finding it people.

Just for A-levels or in general?

I persoally liked this. There was no grade in which I have ever regret to take chemistry, not even at A levels. And you?
Reply 3
Bruh, I'm failing
A little tricky but if you work hard it's fairly straight forward at this stage.
Original post by Samosa and Vada
A little tricky but if you work hard it's fairly straight forward at this stage.

I think that goes for almost subjects. You can achieve good results by working hard as a rule.

Original post by iqra2159
Bruh, I'm failing

At A levels or did you have dropped it before?
Reply 6
Chemistry is fine, just need to revise knowledge. Been getting mostly A's and B's and in end of topic exams.
Reply 7
I do aqa AS
Reply 8
Original post by Kallisto
I think that goes for almost subjects. You can achieve good results by working hard as a rule.

At A levels or did you have dropped it before?

I'm doing A levels
i think i can help I got an A* in the new hemistry new alevel I did this by using the snaprevise , jim clark book and the condensed notes written by dr boes
I've been doing okay. I think the hardest thing we've done so far is the Structure and Bonding section, but we just finished Intro to Organic (either that, or we're leaving a tiny bit until Feb).

I got a U (14/29) on the 1st assessment (amount of substance, minus ideal gas equation and concentration/titrations) due to the unfamiliar format of the exam. I then got an A on the resit (18/20), an A in atomic structure (31/32) and an A in amount of substance part two (33/34). However, I dropped to a C (29/41) in the last test due to a lack of revision of bond formations and some nasty multiple choice :frown:
Original post by bookloverlolly
I've been doing okay. I think the hardest thing we've done so far is the Structure and Bonding section, but we just finished Intro to Organic (either that, or we're leaving a tiny bit until Feb).

I got a U (14/29) on the 1st assessment (amount of substance, minus ideal gas equation and concentration/titrations) due to the unfamiliar format of the exam. I then got an A on the resit (18/20), an A in atomic structure (31/32) and an A in amount of substance part two (33/34). However, I dropped to a C (29/41) in the last test due to a lack of revision of bond formations and some nasty multiple choice :frown:

what was that test on?
Original post by pringles321
i think i can help I got an A* in the new hemistry new alevel I did this by using the snaprevise , jim clark book and the condensed notes written by dr boes

Really? I have snaprevise and tbf it's kinda sgit for chemistry.
Original post by TSR69
what was that test on?

Oops, I meant to say it was the Structure and Bonding one. I messed up by not understanding what some questions were asking and whatnot.

Definitely something I need to catch up on for the mock exams next week
To answer your question OP, chemistry does require alot of hard work, after getting a couple of A's in my recent tests, I got C's and B's at the start of year 12 which are terrible, so I altered my revision techniques and instead of focussing on flashcards and notes for class tests,

I do questions from physicsandmathstutor and A-level chemistry.

Overall, It's definetely doable,

Organic chemistry is very easy though, so you won't struggle with that. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest