The Student Room Group

Share your mock grades/A-level choices for next year/Career aspirations!

Because I'm nosy and bored :P

So yeah, if you want to then tell us what you got in your most recent mocks and what you're picking for A-level, and your career of preference if you know it!

If you don't know what career to go into, maybe we can help give some ideas if we know what A-levels you're looking to take :smile:

Here are mine!

Spoiler

Scroll to see replies

We've not exactly completely finished our mocks. In fact, we have hardly started them, so I don't exactly know my grades for this but my predicted are:

Maths - 8
English Lang & Lit - 8
Biology - 8
Chemistry - 7
Physics - 8
German - 8
French - 7
Business Studies - A*
RS - 8

I am honestly so disappointed in my predicted grades for Chem and French, because I think I can achieve an 8 in both of them. Also, I'm hoping to get a 9 in German and RS. In my German speaking mock (the only one we've done so far) I got 56/60 so that's good. I regret picking business. The worst decision ever hahaha.

I'm hoping to study:
Biology
Maths
German
Politics

I'm not too sure about careers, but either something to do with law or neuroscience. I could either do PPE or neuroscience or law at Uni, but haven't decided yet
Original post by inoubliable
We've not exactly completely finished our mocks. In fact, we have hardly started them, so I don't exactly know my grades for this but my predicted are:

Maths - 8
English Lang & Lit - 8
Biology - 8
Chemistry - 7
Physics - 8
German - 8
French - 7
Business Studies - A*
RS - 8

I am honestly so disappointed in my predicted grades for Chem and French, because I think I can achieve an 8 in both of them. Also, I'm hoping to get a 9 in German and RS. In my German speaking mock (the only one we've done so far) I got 56/60 so that's good. I regret picking business. The worst decision ever hahaha.

I'm hoping to study:
Biology
Maths
German
Politics

I'm not too sure about careers, but either something to do with law or neuroscience. I could either do PPE or neuroscience or law at Uni, but haven't decided yet

Wow! Your predicted grades are so good :smile:
Original post by amberfox264
Wow! Your predicted grades are so good :smile:

thank you!! honestly so are yours. but these new gcses are just really hard.

i know this isn't the point of the thread, but are you doing AQA French?
thank you!! honestly so are yours. but these new gcses are just really hard.

i know this isn't the point of the thread, but are you doing AQA French?

Yeah I am doing AQA , it's quite difficult and my teacher (who is French) said that some of the words we have to learn he wouldn't expect all French teenagers to know, let alone English-speakers!

He seems annoyed that they've made French so difficult as it means people are put off of learning it and it is actually a great language!
Original post by Rohit_Rocks10
Our mocks just started last week, so I only know my predicted grades: A*: Physics
A:Maths
A: Chemistry
Career: Mechanical Engineering

Are they a-levels or gcses? :smile:
Yeah I am doing AQA , it's quite difficult and my teacher (who is French) said that some of the words we have to learn he wouldn't expect all French teenagers to know, let alone English-speakers!

He seems annoyed that they've made French so difficult as it means people are put off of learning it and it is actually a great language!

they are really hard. honestly. however, my french teacher (also native) has no empathy towards us. our speaking answers are really long, and she marks everything really harshly, and compares us to how she was when learning English. However, she's really good.

which textbook do you use? The AQA one or the Studio textbook? And are you close to finishing the textbook?
Because I'm nosy and bored :P

So yeah, if you want to then tell us what you got in your most recent mocks and what you're picking for A-level, and your career of preference if you know it!

If you don't know what career to go into, maybe we can help give some ideas if we know what A-levels you're looking to take :smile:

Here are mine!

Spoiler

Hello, I'm a year 12 and a hopeful vet med applicant (applying October 2018) and I achieved these grades in my GCSEs this year:

Biology - A*
Chemistry - A*
Art - A*
English Literature - 8
RE - A
Maths - 7
English Language - 7
Physics - A
ICT - A
Geography - A
Further Maths - B
French - C

4A*s, 6As, 1B and 1C

I picked these four subjects for A-levels:

Biology
Chemistry
Maths
Further Maths

If you have any questions then don't hesitate to ask :biggrin:
they are really hard. honestly. however, my french teacher (also native) has no empathy towards us. our speaking answers are really long, and she marks everything really harshly, and compares us to how she was when learning English. However, she's really good.

which textbook do you use? The AQA one or the Studio textbook? And are you close to finishing the textbook?

I use the AQA one I think. We're on track to finish apparently, I think we are 2/3 of the way through. Currently doing health.
Original post by OrangeArcher
Hello, I'm a year 12 and a hopeful vet med applicant (applying October 2018) and I achieved these grades in my GCSEs this year:

Biology - A*
Chemistry - A*
Art - A*
English Literature - 8
RE - A
Maths - 7
English Language - 7
Physics - A
ICT - A
Geography - A
Further Maths - B
French - C

4A*s, 6As, 1B and 1C

I picked these four subjects for A-levels:

Biology
Chemistry
Maths
Further Maths

If you have any questions then don't hesitate to ask :biggrin:

Woo, a fellow aspiring vet! Haha

Do you have any back-up plans if you don't make it into Vet school? Because I know that is important, but I have nooooo idea what uni course I would pick to do instead!
Woo, a fellow aspiring vet! Haha

Do you have any back-up plans if you don't make it into Vet school? Because I know that is important, but I have nooooo idea what uni course I would pick to do instead!

I may put down veterinary biosciences as my 5th option but if I don't get accepted the first time round I'm going to take a gap year and reapply :smile:
Are they a-levels or gcses? :smile:

Of course A-Levels! :h:
Of course A-Levels! :h:

Haha I guessed :P What are you doing roaming the GCSE forums??!! Go back to your own forums!!

Jk :P
Haha I guessed :P What are you doing roaming the GCSE forums??!! Go back to your own forums!!

Jk :P

Ohh crappp! I just realized this is a GCSE forum!! Deleting my post! 🤦🏻*♂️
Ohh crappp! I just realized this is a GCSE forum!! Deleting my post! 🤦🏻*♂️

Lol it's okay we welcome you here, you were one of us once XD

And there is another year 12 here already :smile:
Well Im at uni so I am definitely not allowed here :lol:
Original post by Lychee628
Well Im at uni so I am definitely not allowed here :lol:

Aha no go away!!

Only joking of course :P
Original post by Lychee628