The Student Room Group

any help please?

There is a girl I like. I want to start speaking to her as we have not yet. I don't really speak to girls who I am not confident. She is not in my classes and lunch shes busy. The problem is the people she speaks too I don't really like so I am kinda stuck. It doesn't help that I am quite socially awkward with a lot of people.

I keep saying how I must must grow some and speak to her. But I bottle it time after time. I really want to start speaking to her without being embarrassed since our year is full of judgemental people who just nit pick at everyone.

What can I do? with out being cringy or needy
What can I say?
How do I make sure that I 100% go find her?

I am just too nervous what should I do please help. I need it please.

Scroll to see replies

Hey
So speaking as a girl, I say just go up to her and be awkwardly funny...
What year are you in? If you don’t mind me asking
Original post by Anonymous
There is a girl I like. I want to start speaking to her as we have not yet. I don't really speak to girls who I am not confident. She is not in my classes and lunch shes busy. The problem is the people she speaks too I don't really like so I am kinda stuck. It doesn't help that I am quite socially awkward with a lot of people.

I keep saying how I must must grow some and speak to her. But I bottle it time after time. I really want to start speaking to her without being embarrassed since our year is full of judgemental people who just nit pick at everyone.

What can I do? with out being cringy or needy
What can I say?
How do I make sure that I 100% go find her?

I am just too nervous what should I do please help. I need it please.

Gotta work on your confidence first, join some clubs that require you to interact or even a form of public speaking or debating. Perhaps you can do something she does and talk properly through that
Reply 4
Original post by AverageDork
What year are you in? If you don’t mind me asking

year 11
X

Befriend her friends and slowly she might notice you more and you'll become more confident around her and maybe it might eventuate into a relationship
Jokes are epic... hey I don’t know you or anything but I just wanted to say you look really beautiful today.
Then the next day start trying to have conversations with her
I am also in year 11, so I know exactly what you mean god the guys at my school are such dicks to everyone... honestly she’ll be happy to have someone being sincere for once. Trust me
Reply 9
Jokes are epic... hey I don’t know you or anything but I just wanted to say you look really beautiful today.

I don't know just seems too like cliche
Lol I love cliches
I agree
I am also in year 11, so I know exactly what you mean god the guys at my school are such dicks to everyone... honestly she’ll be happy to have someone being sincere for once. Trust me

I mean like her old boyfriend who was a big rugby player left her out of the blue
Original post by RickmanAlways
Befriend her friends and slowly she might notice you more and you'll become more confident around her and maybe it might eventuate into a relationship

I just don't really like her mates though.
Original post by Chichaldo
Gotta work on your confidence first, join some clubs that require you to interact or even a form of public speaking or debating. Perhaps you can do something she does and talk properly through that

We don't have stuff like that and I can't imagine myself in a netball kit either.
You like her... not her friends if the relationship is meant to be her friends won’t be problematic. Try to smile be funny and brighten her day. That will leave a good ground for you to start talking to her
I just don't really like her mates though.

true
You like her... not her friends if the relationship is meant to be her friends won’t be problematic. Try to smile be funny and brighten her day. That will leave a good ground for you to start talking to her

Yeah I will try that and also, completely off topic do you do computer science?
Yeah I will try that and also, completely off topic do you do computer science?

Yea! I do AQA computer science GCSE... do you?
Original post by TheRuralJuror
what are you like a teenager like 15? cuz that's 15yo crap, gather your nuts soldier

ok:biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest