The Student Room Group

Girls who would you rather date: an investment banker or a social worker?

Bearing in mind that both are degree educated at good universities and see physically equally attractive. The banker earns more, the social worker is more focused on helping people
You really couldn't make this harder.
Original post by Emms98
Bearing in mind that both are degree educated at good universities and see physically equally attractive. The banker earns more, the social worker is more focused on helping people

This is a false choice.

The downside of the banker is that she won't be around - ever. She'll be working all the hours there are and at the weekend is unlikely to be able to get out of bed.

The social worker would very likely be either a complete cynic - completely detached from emotion and sceptical of any humanity - or is going to be a complete local government jobsworth whose standard response to just about anything will be "Health and Safety".
Reply 3
uhhh...i'm a guy so i'm kinda breaking your rules here! but i would choose the investment banker...no clue what investment banking is, just sounds fancy and like you would be a clever cloggs! ^_^
Reply 4
I went out with a social worker for a while once, she was probably the best person I ever knew.
I hate the idea of helping people so definitely an investment banker.
yeah its all good to go for the richer guy but i think realistically its be the social worker
Social worker.
I could list 100+ things wrong with the question, that would all be valid. A few notable ones are:

1. The social worker could be richer than the banker. Inheritance, investments aren’t factored.

2. Investment banking is very important for capital flows within every economic system and more fundemental to the core of society than a social worker. Just because you think social workers are probably nice and poor doesn’t make them any more caring than the banker.

3. This question really highlights the prejudices and preconceptions of you who asked it, rather than those who answer it. Clearly your preconceptions are very stereotypical thus very ignorant, what a shame.
(edited 6 years ago)
Banker
The banker. Not for the money, but because I currently work in an office full of social workers and have seen/heard enough to want to leave them at the office!
Reply 11
Original post by Emms98

Thats not fair, the banker might be kind-hearted as well not just a better earner :/

This is like a would you go for a 'richer or kinder' type of question :colonhash:
Depends on who Ive got more bants with imo
Moved to Chat.
the one who makes more money obviously.
whoever made me laugh :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest